• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Thirteen year old kills himself after being told he could not play Wii

JailHouse

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
WTF is wrong with kids these days.

In an example of teenagers taking just about everything on earth much more seriously than necessary, thirteen year old Jake Roberts made a fatal choice to take his own life after an argument with his father and sister. The reason? Jake wanted to play his brand new Wii, acquired with his birthday money (his birthday had been a few days prior). He then retreated to his room, where he was found hanged by his own school uniform tie a few hours later.
His father commented on the incident:
"The first thing I saw when I walked in to Jake's bedroom was all the paper he had ripped up on the floor during his tantrum.
'The door was open with his bed to my left behind the door. I was going to tell him off when I turned. It took me a few seconds to register what I was seeing.'
'His school tie was round his neck and he was hung from his cabin bed. I tried to lift him and his tie was attached to a bar on the bed."If someone casually told me that a kid killed himself because he couldn't play the Wii, I might laugh, because it sounds like a joke. Reading the real details, however, I find my laughs have pretty much dried up. I don't think it has a thing to do with the Wii itself, but I have no doubt tragedies like this will only provide more ammo for anti-games activists.

Thirteen year old kills himself after being told he could not play Wii. Destructoid offers reviews, previews, trailers, cheats, and more.

shitty parenting, with a spoiled little shit kid.

Woah at both the kid killing himself over a wii and the trashing of the kisd memorial page.

Isn't this same thing that happened with an Ipod and the "an hero" started

I dont have an account on there, I was linked to it from another forum

Ohh wow, I just read what that guy wrote on another forum, was it some gay story?

The tribute said he died in Feb. why is it coming out now?

So this is a suWiicide?

So this is a suWiicide?
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That's Darwinism at work for you and me.

the kid did the world a favor

How you figure this, brainiac?:shrug:

In fact, I think the entire situation is seriously fucked up.

-A kid who's world revolves around a video game.

-Parents who allowed the kid to become addicted to virtual bullshit.

-A bunch of sick bastards who think its funny to make light of a child's death.

WTF.gif

Sad.

How you figure this, brainiac?:shrug:

In fact, I think the entire situation is seriously fucked up.

-A kid who's world revolves around a video game.

-Parents who allowed the kid to become addicted to virtual bullshit.

-A bunch of sick bastards who think its funny to make light of a child's death.

WTF.gif

Sad.

Sad isn't it, I mean look at his pictures in the video I linked. He was just a socially awkward kid who must of been very screwed up in the head. I was gonna type something similar but since he is dead and wont be offended I decided to let these people feel better about themselves shitting on the memory of a dead 13 year old, hell danny got banned for a thread about an old woman getting hit, and these people are making it a night at the laugh factory over a tragic death.

do you really think he killed himself over the video game?

there were obviously MUCH deeper issues here that caused this.

Of course there were other issues. Although it wouldn't surprise me these days if there weren't.

My gripe is the way people respond to the death of a kid who was barely a teenager. Who here had their shit together when they were thirteen? Hell, 96% of the people here still don't have all the seeds straight in their collective melon.:rolleyes:

Ill admit my "suWiicide" comment was a bit distasteful but its really hard to give any empathy to a kid who kills himself over a game console. Being 13 years old isnt an excuse, tons of kids that age go through much worse shit but they dont off themselves over something so trivial. I skimmed the article but i didnt see anytihng hinting at a on going mental deficiency, and for all we know yes Prince could be right! On the other hand the kid could have been a complete moron, and just made one really bad decision. We'll have to wait and see hopefully they elaborate on his mental condition.

Not trying to offend anyone but bottom line is the kid killed himself because his nintendo fucking Wii got taken away from him, even if that was trigger for something else. At the same time the making fun of him aspect isnt right, but can you blame the people?

do you really think he killed himself over the video game?

there were obviously MUCH deeper issues here that caused this.

Aye, this kid was seriously messed up and probably could have done with a lot of therapy, or preferably a family who notice how obviously disturbed their kid must have been, and talked to him about it.

Obviously, i have no idea what they are really like, but if your son kills himself for whatever reason there was something far far more wrong than could have gone un-noticed. Seriously.

Sad isn't it, I mean look at his pictures in the video I linked. He was just a socially awkward kid who must of been very screwed up in the head. I was gonna type something similar but since he is dead and wont be offended I decided to let these people feel better about themselves shitting on the memory of a dead 13 year old, hell danny got banned for a thread about an old woman getting hit, and these people are making it a night at the laugh factory over a tragic death.
3355b4o.jpg
Yep....I thought you were happy Danny was banned?

Heres another article
Schoolboy found hanged after his father confiscated his new Wii | Mail Online

Says he was popular at his school. So i guess we can rule out social akwardness, besides his appearance. Also this line intrigued me "The circumstances in which he was found do not suggest to me this was a deliberate act to end his life." So he just happened to have something tied around his neck and to his bed? Unless he slipped before changing his mind.

Well, a very high percentage of suicide attempts are nothing more than a cry for help.....and usually a pretty feeble one at that.
I've seen some that were down right pitiful. Like the 400lb. bastard who attempted to hang himself under his cot in the local detention center.....with a shoestring.:rolleyes:

Or the woman who attempted to slit her wrists with a plastic butter knife.

For the record, in most cases I have no sympathy for suicidal types. But when a kid is involved, its a different story. Somewhere down the line, somebody failed this kid.

Back