IronMagLabs Osta Rx

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

How do you convert WMA to MP3?

Rep Points

How do you convert WMA to MP3?

I downloaded Bearshare lately. The problem is it downloads as wma, and I use my blackberry curve to play my music and it only supports MP3. So my question is, is there a program I can download to convert the file?

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Use Goldwave.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    Use Goldwave.
    Is it free?

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Use Goldwave.
    OK I downloaded goldwave. When I try to open the file it gives me an error saying the file is protected?

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Is it free?
    No, but it's very inexpensive. It only costs $45, but it has so many features. Plus, it never crashed on me.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JailHouse View Post
    OK I downloaded goldwave. When I try to open the file it gives me an error saying the file is protected?
    Where did you get the original audio file?

Rep Points

Where did you get the original audio file?
    bearshare

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It could be that someone downloaded that WMA from a pay service and, like an idiot, put it on the file sharing network without stripping it of its DRM.

I did a very cursory search on removing such DRM and it appears that you need to burn the WMA files to CD. What this actually does is convert the WMA files to CDA files. Then they have you rip the CD to MP3s. The problem with this is that converting WMA->CDA->MP3 results in poor audio quality.

You're better off redownloading the music in question. Just don't download it, or any music, in WMA format. Not only is that a large file, it probably has DRM.

Rep Points

It could be that someone downloaded that WMA from a pay service and, like an idiot, put it on the file sharing network without stripping it of its DRM.

I did a very cursory search on removing such DRM and it appears that you need to burn the WMA files to CD. What this actually does is convert the WMA files to CDA files. Then they have you rip the CD to MP3s. The problem with this is that converting WMA->CDA->MP3 results in poor audio quality.

You're better off redownloading the music in question. Just don't download it, or any music, in WMA format. Not only is that a large file, it probably has DRM.
    Ya I have about 300 files from bearshare that have that DRM on them. I know some ones figured out an easier way to do this.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You should be using bittorrent, anyway.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You could do a Google search for how to break DRM but the process is a major major pain in the ass and ties up your computer for a while. You basically have to play the song while a stream ripper records it into a different format.
    Fucking Determined!

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

One other option is better, but even more of a pain in the ass. You will have to rollback WMplayer to version 10, here is how to do that:

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/win...ibx-t1995.html
    http://stream-recorder.com/forum/dow...ows-t2611.html

Than install WMplayer version 10. After that, you will have to play every file that has drm to update your DRM library. You will then go here and find a link to a program called FairUse4WM:

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/dow...edia-t319.html

Once your DRM database is updated, run FairUse4WM and it will extract a non DRM copy of the file out for use forever.
    Fucking Determined!

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Like I said, he's better of using bittorrent. Not only can he get a DRM free version, but it'll be a perfect bit-for-bit copy. Unlike the crap on traditional file sharing.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Like I said, he's better of using bittorrent. Not only can he get a DRM free version, but it'll be a perfect bit-for-bit copy. Unlike the crap on traditional file sharing.
    I agree. My post was to help him if he didn't feel like re-downloading his shit all over again. But, the truth is that it would be faster to re-download the shit than to figure out all I had to just to be able to crack DRM. For me, it was about shitting on Bill Gate's Face more than just to see some free encrypted movies.

It took me 4 hours to do everything to make the FairUse4WM work. I was rolling back versions, and cracking this, to crack that.
    Fucking Determined!

Rep Points

I'm not computer savvy enough to do all that DRM conversion. I guess I have to try some thing else. Bearshear is so convenient to use, you can down load whole Cd's in one click instead of looking up an entire play list one by one.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JailHouse View Post
    I'm not computer savvy enough to do all that DRM conversion. I guess I have to try some thing else. Bearshear is so convenient to use, you can down load whole Cd's in one click instead of looking up an entire play list one by one.
    You can do the same on bittorrent. Plus, due to the technology involved, you get a perfect copy every time. The selection is better, too.

Smartass anthropologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You all talk nonsense,... JH, you know me. I use a more advanced verion read it costs a lot more, but this sholuld work. All you need ( for free anyway is this) Audacity: Windows.

If that file format does not work, look for the plugins or downoads. If not but soundforge from ebay.

Smartass anthropologist
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Holy shit ^^^ wrote that when I was really drunk last night. Totally forgot I did it.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by goob View Post
    Holy shit ^^^ wrote that when I was really drunk last night. Totally forgot I did it.
    HAHA LMFAO!~ when I first read that my first guess was you were high.

I tried downloading that shit and I'm still having trouble. I give up on this shit.