• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Benchpress in the squat rack?

JailHouse

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What do you guys think about this? I dont like to ask people for a spot for every set when I bench press. So I set a bench in the squat rack and put the pins low so if I fail on the set I can dump the wight. But I dunno if this might piss some other people off trying to squat.:confused:

That's fine, that's what it's made for, stuff where you have a chance to kill yourself if you fail.

It's the nonsense stuff like curling in the squat cage that pisses people off. I doubt bench pressing in a cage will bother anyone.

That's fine, that's what it's made for, stuff where you have a chance to kill yourself if you fail.

It's the nonsense stuff like curling in the squat cage that pisses people off. I doubt bench pressing in a cage will bother anyone.

Absolutely.
I always bench in the power rack

Ya thats why I use it. Ive been stuck under the bar before with no one close by to help, its not a good feeling.

I do it every week for that reason, I don't have enough spotters and I have to know when the crap hits the fan, its not going to fall on my face

We've actually had a couple accidents when benching in our shirts where the pins have saved the day.

NO CURLS IN THE SQUAT RACK - thats the main thing.

That's fine, do it up.

Ya thats why I use it. Ive been stuck under the bar before with no one close by to help, its not a good feeling.

God I hate that. That happened to me at the gym. Some guy happened to see me and ran halfway across the gym to help me. I felt like an idiot. :loser:

It's a squat rack not a bench rack. My gym has only one squat rack, BTW. I do squats in it in the morning with less people and have never asked for my turn when people do bench in it. I know how it is.

I do it all the time and have never had any one stop me. However it is in my house that is why I got it for the safety factor. My 140lbs wife couldn't help me with my warm up weight let along the weight I work out with.

I have never tried benching in the squat rack but a few of the people who go to my gym do it and nobody has ever complained. I personally do not mind, oh and the bar falling on you has happened to me also. I had to roll it off my chest and down my legs and set it down. There was 2 other guys in there but they where in their own world and I didn't feel like yelling out "HELP!" lol.

IML Gear Cream!
God I hate that. That happened to me at the gym. Some guy happened to see me and ran halfway across the gym to help me. I felt like an idiot. :loser:

:roflmao: One time I saved a guy that had this happen... I was on the bench next to him with my headphones on and wasn't paying attention. When I looked over at him he was looking at me as if to say "Please help me." ... I was right next to him... He should've just asked for a spot to begin with.

Anyway, I also bench in a power rack generally, though not for speed work.

:roflmao: One time I saved a guy that had this happen... I was on the bench next to him with my headphones on and wasn't paying attention. When I looked over at him he was looking at me as if to say "Please help me." ... I was right next to him... He should've just asked for a spot to begin with.

Anyway, I also bench in a power rack generally, though not for speed work.

:roflmao:

Just happened a few weeks ago. These young guys especially. This guy had about 190 on his throat! Way to go. Lets die in the gym today. Everyone wants to bench, bench bench bench!!!! He got up, red as a beet and embarrassed.

:roflmao:

Just happened a few weeks ago. These young guys especially. This guy had about 190 on his throat! Way to go. Lets die in the gym today. Everyone wants to bench, bench bench bench!!!! He got up, red as a beet and embarrassed.

The time I couldn't get the weight up, got stuck and had to be saved was when I was benching 190lbs.....maybe you were the one that saved me? :thinking:

You are a paying member as well as the next person. Hell its better than curls in the squat rack, now that is annoying.

if ur talking about a smith machine then thats a no no
dumbells are easier to handle and u get a natural range of motion
or cables ftw
but i bench in the power rack myself... my gym only has one so once in a while some guy gets a bit moody cause he cant get his squats in
but i keep my ipod loud so its all good

Another thing is if you know you aren't making the lift, why the hell wouldn't you lower it onto your chest, not your throat? :wacko:

Back