• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

There is no such thing as karma *RANT*

clemson357

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I found a credit card yesterday at work. I thought about it for about 2 minutes, then I looked the woman up on the internal work server. I called her up, she answered the phone with a mouth full of food, was very rude, never said thank you, and instructed me to drop it off at the security guard station. I hang up, thinking about how ungrateful and rude this woman just was. I briefly consider throwing her card in the trash or giving it to a bum. Then I realize she has my number because I just called her from my office, so I go down there and drop it off to the security guard, despite the fact that this woman never even said thank you. My friend comes in and I tell him all about it, and I tell him that if I ever find another credit card I'm doing something evil with it.

So today, about an hour ago I was in Chipotle. I get to the front of the line, and there is a credit card laying on the ground. No joke, I found two lost credit cards within 36 hours. I look at the name, and it appears to be someone that I probably wouldn't have much in common with. I didn't even really hesitate this time, just handed it to the cashier. It took about a minute for her to comprehend because she didn't speak English very well.

So then I am driving home less than 15 minutes later, thinking about how something good ought to come my way. Right about then this guy cuts me off. I don't honk, don't flick my lights, don't give him the bird, don't tailgate, nothing. We pull up to a light and it turns green, and the guy isn't moving. I wait a long period of time, and then give him a honk. Right as I honked he was starting to move, and when he heard the honk he stopped. So I wait another 10 seconds or so, and then I pull into the turning lane to pass him. It was a fairly long turning lane, and as soon as he saw what I was doing he gunned it and almost ran me off the road. I slam on the brakes and get in behind him, and he starts pumping the breaks, yada yada, all the typical bullshit.

I realize I am a pretty negative person a lot of the time, especially online when there are not really any repercussions to what you say. But it seems to me that whenever I go out of my way to be a decent person, something bad happens shortly thereafter.

From here on out I think I am just going to come to terms with the fact that I don't like people that I don't know, and I don't like a lot of people that I do know. I'm not holding any more doors for people, I'm not letting people pull out in traffic, I'm not making pleasant small talk. If I have to fart and I am on the elevator with a bunch of people I don't care about, I am letting it rip.

Last edited:
This gave me a chuckle but i do feel ya dude. I developed ... not a "hatred" attitude ... but an attitude where i am just looking after myself and not giving a shit about anyone else that i do not know or care about. I, too, have gotten a lot of shit when i go out of my way to be nice and respectful to people and never got anything in return. Not even a simple "thank you" if i hold the door for somebody.

It's funny because growing up, my parents have always taught me to be respectful and kind towards others. Always be polite with good manners, hold doors for people, give up a seat for someone in need (handicapped person, pregnant woman, elderly, etc.), giving a few bucks to someone who needs it for something important ... basically going out of my way to help people that the average person normally wouldn't do.

Over the years until now, my perception and attitude just changed because of how much shit i have gotten like i said before. Truth is, probably 1 out of 10 people will thank me for my generosity. All the others just throw a cold shoulder and act like they are more important. I can generally tell how a person is based on first impression and body language.

The worst incident that ever happened to me was when a small boy was running across the street in the city when cars were flying by. The mother wasn't paying attention so i ran after the boy and stopped him and pulled him back preventing him from getting hit. The mother saw what happened, ran over to me and just yelled at her kid, grabbed him and took off the other way leaving me standing there. She acted like i didn't even exist. I was absolutely livid and wished i didn't do anything just to teach that bitch a lesson.

Obviously, i am not saying i just stopped helping everybody. I still assist people that are in need when they are deserving of it but i am not as kind and generous as i used to be.

no good deed goes unpunished, thats what I have always been told

So you did the right thing a few times. Do you expect a reward? I'm sure random people have done plenty of nice things for you before.

I'm not holding any more doors for people, I'm not letting people pull out in traffic, I'm not making pleasant small talk. If I have to fart and I am on the elevator with a bunch of people I don't care about, I am letting it rip.
Now that's just silly.

hold doors for people, give up a seat for someone in need (handicapped person, pregnant woman, elderly, etc.), giving a few bucks to someone who needs it for something important ... basically going out of my way to help people that the average person normally wouldn't do.
These are all good things to do for others, Shiz. Don't stop on the account of a few ingrates. Plus, a "thank you" should not be necessary. In the example of the negligent mother and her son, she may have been so worried about her son that she overlooked thanking you in the moment of panic, though may have went to her car and thought "damn, that was one nice kid."

YouTube Video

This movie portrays my philosophy better, you have to make good things happen for yourself no matter how kind you are to other people, good things aren't owed to anyone even if you are born with only one controllable limb. I also refuse to let the "damned" turn me into one of them. The "Damned" are rotten hateful never happy unappreciative bitches who think that life owes them something and never try to be kind to anyone else anymore. Trust me I have run into so many people like that and I never let them get to me. One time my neighbor came home with groceries, left her trunk open on her car for almost 2 hours. After washing and waxing my car I finally walked over and knocked on her door to tell her she'd left her trunk open. The bitch comes to the door and says "WHAT?" in a hateful tone I told her that her trunk was left open and she just says "ok" and shuts the door and then I hear her yelling at her kids for one of them to go out and shut the god damned trunk. She was the one who had left it open her kids were in the house the whole time.

Besides karma doesn't work on an immediacy scale all of your good deeds have a waiting period to make sure your just not kissing the gods of karmas asses for better luck but that you did it just to be a kind hearted human... I am always kind to people no matter what, not so that I can gain some kind of magical brownie points but because it's just the right thing to do...

Dont think that your reward for returning the credit card was nothing...
Maybe your reward, was the guy who cut you off could have clipped your car instead.
And maybe the truck that was on the road didn't get involved in that would-be accident.

Your reward is that you did the right thing over and over, and you can sleep well at night knowing that.

Conversely, the people who were rude and unhappy or hurried
probably didn't get a good nights sleep, and thats why they are so foul.

Misery loves company, and a person who lives their life with poor character or dishonor on a daily basis,
will generally be miserable everyday.

(Read my SIG)

But it seems to me that whenever I go out of my way to be a decent person, something bad happens shortly thereafter.

Don't give up, it's not always like that.

Ever see that movie the Out of Towners, it's about NYC...most of it's true, but sooner or later things change.

That person that cut you off will run off the cliff, those ungrateful credit card holders will go bankrupt....karma.

Don't give up, it's not always like that.

Ever see that movie the Out of Towners, it's about NYC...most of it's true, but sooner or later things change.

That person that cut you off will run off the cliff, those ungrateful credit card holders will go bankrupt....karma.
What goes around, comes around. If everyone is nasty to everyone else all the time one would be living in a really bad environment. Maybe that 'bad thing that happened shortly thereafter' was bad karma for something bad that was done in the past. :shrug:

IML Gear Cream!
What goes around, comes around. If everyone is nasty to everyone else all the time one would be living in a really bad environment. Maybe that 'bad thing that happened shortly thereafter' was bad karma for something bad that was done in the past. :shrug:
:D
Knowing Clemson it may be true.

I found a credit card yesterday at work. I thought about it for about 2 minutes, then I looked the woman up on the internal work server. I called her up, she answered the phone with a mouth full of food, was very rude, never said thank you, and instructed me to drop it off at the security guard station. I hang up, thinking about how ungrateful and rude this woman just was. I briefly consider throwing her card in the trash or giving it to a bum. Then I realize she has my number because I just called her from my office, so I go down there and drop it off to the security guard, despite the fact that this woman never even said thank you. My friend comes in and I tell him all about it, and I tell him that if I ever find another credit card I'm doing something evil with it.

So today, about an hour ago I was in Chipotle. I get to the front of the line, and there is a credit card laying on the ground. No joke, I found two lost credit cards within 36 hours. I look at the name, and it appears to be someone that I probably wouldn't have much in common with. I didn't even really hesitate this time, just handed it to the cashier. It took about a minute for her to comprehend because she didn't speak English very well.

So then I am driving home less than 15 minutes later, thinking about how something good ought to come my way. Right about then this guy cuts me off. I don't honk, don't flick my lights, don't give him the bird, don't tailgate, nothing. We pull up to a light and it turns green, and the guy isn't moving. I wait a long period of time, and then give him a honk. Right as I honked he was starting to move, and when he heard the honk he stopped. So I wait another 10 seconds or so, and then I pull into the turning lane to pass him. It was a fairly long turning lane, and as soon as he saw what I was doing he gunned it and almost ran me off the road. I slam on the brakes and get in behind him, and he starts pumping the breaks, yada yada, all the typical bullshit.

I realize I am a pretty negative person a lot of the time, especially online when there are not really any repercussions to what you say. But it seems to me that whenever I go out of my way to be a decent person, something bad happens shortly thereafter.

From here on out I think I am just going to come to terms with the fact that I don't like people that I don't know, and I don't like a lot of people that I do know. I'm not holding any more doors for people, I'm not letting people pull out in traffic, I'm not making pleasant small talk. If I have to fart and I am on the elevator with a bunch of people I don't care about, I am letting it rip.

This gave me a chuckle but i do feel ya dude. I developed ... not a "hatred" attitude ... but an attitude where i am just looking after myself and not giving a shit about anyone else that i do not know or care about. I, too, have gotten a lot of shit when i go out of my way to be nice and respectful to people and never got anything in return. Not even a simple "thank you" if i hold the door for somebody.

It's funny because growing up, my parents have always taught me to be respectful and kind towards others. Always be polite with good manners, hold doors for people, give up a seat for someone in need (handicapped person, pregnant woman, elderly, etc.), giving a few bucks to someone who needs it for something important ... basically going out of my way to help people that the average person normally wouldn't do.

Over the years until now, my perception and attitude just changed because of how much shit i have gotten like i said before. Truth is, probably 1 out of 10 people will thank me for my generosity. All the others just throw a cold shoulder and act like they are more important. I can generally tell how a person is based on first impression and body language.

The worst incident that ever happened to me was when a small boy was running across the street in the city when cars were flying by. The mother wasn't paying attention so i ran after the boy and stopped him and pulled him back preventing him from getting hit. The mother saw what happened, ran over to me and just yelled at her kid, grabbed him and took off the other way leaving me standing there. She acted like i didn't even exist. I was absolutely livid and wished i didn't do anything just to teach that bitch a lesson.

Obviously, i am not saying i just stopped helping everybody. I still assist people that are in need when they are deserving of it but i am not as kind and generous as i used to be.

How do you think those people got to be like that? The same thing that's happened to you guys has happened to them. People didn't give a shit about them, so they stopped giving a shit about other people too. That is the biggest downfall in society. A lack of caring, and a lack of unconditional aid. It's sad, but not caring about things is only gonna make it worse. :(
Try to pay more attention to the times you've helped someone and they've actually been appreciative.

How do you think those people got to be like that?
They let other people "beat them"
I'll never let people change me.

A lot of people ask me why am I so nice to other people even the jerks....

They let other people "beat them"
I'll never let people change me.

A lot of people ask me why am I so nice to other people even the jerks....

I try to be nice to everybody. Till they fuck with me and then it's all over.

I find that worrying about what other people do is frivolous because you have little control over it. Do whatever it is you need to do to feel good about yourself and let the cards fall where they may.

Karma doesn't happen in this life. Karma happens in the next one, if you believe in that sort of thing. Those people who are douche bags this life might come back as a snail or some shit, then that snail will have ot find a way to work their way back up the ladder.

Doing the right thing shouldn't have anything to do with other people. It only has to do with you. If picking up a piece of garbage that someone threw on the sidewalk is a good, and you pick it up, do you expect a thank-you?

Irritability and bad attitudes come from exceptions, then not getting what you expected. I am guilty of this also, but I am trying to work on that. If you don't expect anything from other people, and you live your life by your own tenets, you will never be let down, and you will be a lot happier.

Karma doesn't happen in this life. Karma happens in the next one, if you believe in that sort of thing. Those people who are douche bags this life might come back as a snail or some shit, then that snail will have ot find a way to work their way back up the ladder.

Doing the right thing shouldn't have anything to do with other people. It only has to do with you. If picking up a piece of garbage that someone threw on the sidewalk is a good, and you pick it up, do you expect a thank-you?

Irritability and bad attitudes come from exceptions, then not getting what you expected. I am guilty of this also, but I am trying to work on that. If you don't expect anything from other people, and you live your life by your own tenets, you will never be let down, and you will be a lot happier.

+1

Actually there are three levels of Karma, Past, Present and Future, you have what your past incarnations have accumulated, what you have gained to be used in this lifetime and what will be used in another lifetime. Your Karma good or bad can effect you from many incarnations back so even if you've only gained good Karma in this life if a bad action comes to you then you are just paying your debt for a previous action in a lifetime before now....

Actually there are three levels of Karma, Past, Present and Future, you have what your past incarnations have accumulated, what you have gained to be used in this lifetime and what will be used in another lifetime. Your Karma good or bad can effect you from many incarnations back so even if you've only gained good Karma in this life if a bad action comes to you then you are just paying your debt for a previous action in a lifetime before now....

I will have to consult my Buddhist friends about that one. There are two high ranking Buddhist monks living in Fairhope, AL and my friends are hosting them.

IML Gear Cream!
I hate people, I wish I could do everything without people.

Ah the infinite variations of ying and yang..

I am THAT rude person that speaks publicy without a filter and I find the responses hilarious. However, some times, I do this without my suit of disregard to another's person's opinion, thus, I am offended by something I invoked.

BUT

On the most part, I dont physically intrude on other people's lives nor do they on mine. If I get offended, I am really letting myself get offended. Like Dale said, you cant control other people, you can only control yourself. Which sadly means, if you get mad, its your fault.

On the other side, I feel that its ok to feel that feeling of being 'robbed' of some integrity. Its being alive, so I say fire back. Fuck karma in the ass and dont look back. Cause even this fire will will flutter and extinguish.

Oh yeah.. "Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is watching."

In other words, since it is spread out across lifetimes, there is no way to prove if your karma is balancing or not... that way you can't prove its just a bunch of crap.

In other words, since it is spread out across lifetimes, there is no way to prove if your karma is balancing or not... that way you can't prove its just a bunch of crap.

You can't prove it. That is why it is relegious in nature.

However, Buddhist may be the first relegious group to make the step towards meeting the needs of the modern world. The Dalai Lama has been meeting with western scientist extensively to figure out how to bridge the gap between faith and science. They have made huge steps towards making this happen.

The fact is, science has recently proved that Buddhist practice, not the religion, just their practices can change how the brain works. They can measure it. They can see it on a computer screen using brain imaging technologies. I don't know how they can separate the the practices while leaving out the relegious mombo jumbo, but it will be interesting what the coem up with over the next few years.

Ah the infinite variations of ying and yang..

I am THAT rude person that speaks publicy without a filter and I find the responses hilarious. However, some times, I do this without my suit of disregard to another's person's opinion, thus, I am offended by something I invoked.

BUT

On the most part, I dont physically intrude on other people's lives nor do they on mine. If I get offended, I am really letting myself get offended. Like Dale said, you cant control other people, you can only control yourself. Which sadly means, if you get mad, its your fault.

On the other side, I feel that its ok to feel that feeling of being 'robbed' of some integrity. Its being alive, so I say fire back. Fuck karma in the ass and dont look back. Cause even this fire will will flutter and extinguish.

Oh yeah.. "Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is watching."

Becoming offended is like an RPM gauge on a car. Someone is rude to you, and the rpg gauge bounces up for a second then slowly falls back down. It is a combination of genetics, and environment that dictates what sort of personality you have in this respect. If someone is a douchebag to me for no reason, I redline instantly. If I could control it, I would. I don't want to be pissed off.

Some people make comments like, "well just don't get pissed off", well yeah sometimes I can do it and sometimes I can't. But, it is an emotion after all. We don't control our emotions. We only control our response to our emotions. If we had control of our emotions, people wouldn't be sad when a friend dies, they wouldn't feel outraged and you see someone beat the shit out of their children for no reason, or feel awesome because you banged some chick you have wanted to bang forever, you get the idea.

My response varies depending on my mood at the time of the event. One thing is for sure...the best response is to always go start a thread about it. :thumb:

You can't prove it. That is why it is relegious in nature.

However, Buddhist may be the first relegious group to make the step towards meeting the needs of the modern world. The Dalai Lama has been meeting with western scientist extensively to figure out how to bridge the gap between faith and science. They have made huge steps towards making this happen.

The fact is, science has recently proved that Buddhist practice, not the religion, just their practices can change how the brain works. They can measure it. They can see it on a computer screen using brain imaging technologies. I don't know how they can separate the the practices while leaving out the relegious mombo jumbo, but it will be interesting what the coem up with over the next few years.
Sounds almost Jedi like, even....

Back