• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

South Carolina is so gay....How gay

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I wonder if the DaMayor was that state employee who OKayed this? :thinking:

State Employee Resigns over “SC Is So Gay” Ad Campaign | WSPA

State Employee Resigns over â?????SC Is So Gayâ??? Ad Campaign

By Robert Kittle

Published: July 11, 2008
The low-level South Carolina state employee who approved a controversial ad campaign aimed at gay tourists has resigned, according to state Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism director Chad Prosser. Posters in London subways say, â?????South Carolina is so gay. Explore an America most never see. From plantations to the Civil War. Golf to gay beaches.â??? Similar posters proclaim Atlanta, Boston, Las Vegas, New Orleans and Washington, D.C. as being â?????so gayâ???. The campaign is sponsored by Amro Worldwide, a company that specializes in â?????gay travelâ???, and is aimed at people who are in London for gay pride events.
But state tourism officials never approved the stateâ??????s participation in the ad campaign. Prosser says the agencyâ??????s independent contractor in the United Kingdom presented a proposal to a lower-level PRT employee, and that employee approved it as part of a larger package of tour-operator participations. As soon as Prosser and higher-level PRT officials found out exactly what the program was, they contacted their UK representative and said the state would not participate and no state money would go to the program. It would have cost state taxpayers almost $5,000.
â?????Our tourism marketing funds are for the purpose of bringing visitors to South Carolina, not for getting involved in various social agendas,â??? Prosser told News Channel 7. He says the lower-level employee resigned, and the agency is taking steps to make sure nothing similar happens again.
Palmetto Family Council president and CEO Dr. Oran Smith says, â?????South Carolinians donâ??????t care for their tax money to be invested in ways that they donâ??????t think is consistent with their values and I think promoting gay tourism is inconsistent with South Carolina values.â??? He says it also doesnâ??????t make financial sense to invest in something that doesnâ??????t match the stateâ??????s target audience, which is families.
Amro Worldwide says the â?????so gayâ??? campaign is to reverse the negative connotation of the phrase and to turn it into something positive.
Read Amy Woodâ??????s blog on the â?????so gayâ??? campaign

:roflmao:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever not heard about. I'm out of the loop on this one! :finger:

Maybe Clemson357 had something to do with the legal aspects, however.:D

S.C. seems to be hell bent on keeping with the impression the rest of the Nation has of the South......Holy BuhJeeeeezus!:rolleyes:

I grew up in SC, and I hate SC for so many reasons.

yes I was upstate, about an hour from NC. I loved SC's land, I love that there is so much green, I love how friendly everybody was, I love that even walking into a gas station you couldn't leave without someone opening the door for you and at least 5 "How ya doin'"'s, I love how when driving down a small road another car may pass you and whether you know him or not he'd wave at you, I love feeling safe in a town. These are good SC traits.

However, SC reminds me of too many traits I had to grow up with and learned to dislike. I dislike the fear of anything new, I dislike the overall lack of education, I dislike the superstitions, I dislike the super Christianity, I dislike the close-mindedness, I dislike the overall low classiness, I dislike the overall racism, I dislike the breed-quickly&die-quickly mentality, I dislike not fitting in or actually not being understood because I spoke correctly growing up, I dislike the overall disregard for others, I dislike the overall disregard for one's own health and diet.

I'm not saying these are the worst traits or people in the world, they're human and are subjected to environmental influences as we all are and who I am to say the way of life is wrong? But having grown up there these became pet pieves of mine and something I found less than optimal to be around.

I heard on the radio that them thar country bumpkins up in N.C. have just gotten'em that new fangled enter nets....

Greene County, NC ~ Wireless and Way Ahead | Daily Yonder

Can you believe that in 2008 there are still places in the US where people don't have internet connectivity? I do so much on the net these days I couldn't imagine not having it anymore....Booking flights and hotels, paying bills, ordering parts, downloading music, email....the post office must be bummed that they won't be selling as many Snail Mail Stamps....

yes I was upstate, about an hour from NC. I loved SC's land, I love that there is so much green, I love how friendly everybody was, I love that even walking into a gas station you couldn't leave without someone opening the door for you and at least 5 "How ya doin'"'s, I love how when driving down a small road another car may pass you and whether you know him or not he'd wave at you, I love feeling safe in a town. These are good SC traits.

However, SC reminds me of too many traits I had to grow up with and learned to dislike. I dislike the fear of anything new, I dislike the overall lack of education, I dislike the superstitions, I dislike the super Christianity, I dislike the close-mindedness, I dislike the overall low classiness, I dislike the overall racism, I dislike the breed-quickly&die-quickly mentality, I dislike not fitting in or actually not being understood because I spoke correctly growing up, I dislike the overall disregard for others, I dislike the overall disregard for one's own health and diet.

Perfect description of Alabama.

Of topic amusing story:

I was 16 living in my tiny country town. It was a Saturday night around 12:00 when everyone went home except my buddy and me. We decided to to get hammered and go mud riding in his Z-71 Pickup. At around 1:00am we got stuck to the bumper with no way to get out, no mobile phone service, 10 miles deep in the woods, and 20 miles from town. Fuck it, so we started walking.

Hours later we made it to a paved road. We walked for about another hour when we heard a truck coming. "Omfg! Yes!, Maybe this person will give us a ride." We ran out in the middle of the road wit hour arms up yelling help. The truck didn't look like it was going to stop. It suddenly looked as if the guy was goign to try and serve around us to avoid helping us.

Right as the truck was about to pull ahead of us he slammed on breaks. The driver rolled down the window and said, "Oh damn, you boys need a ride?" We said hell yeah, and jumped on the back of the truck. He had a sliding back window that he opened up and started talking to us. The first thign he said was "Sorry about that... ya'll were covered in mud and I thought you boys were a couple of niggers at first!"

:roflmao:

I had never been so happy to be white in my life as I was that night.

IML Gear Cream!
When I moved from Houston to Burton,TX population 311 on a good day it was a complete culture shock to me. I felt like I had gone back in time. The Negros all lived across the bridge or way out in the country on Hudgeon Hill or in the Mathis Mansions (basically countrified ghetto's). Even though most of the folks in town feigned liking the blacks they still wouldn't let most of the racist past go... I remember when we did a geneaology project and I told them about my African American and Native American heritage I was suddenly treated somewhat differently. After football games all of the white players would be invited to one of the white players homes to celebrate and I would always get invited but after that I never got an invitation which didn't matter to me because I usually hung out with my mix of friends who were white, black and mexican.

I told them about my African American and Native American heritage I was suddenly treated somewhat differently.
Oh really?
I didn't know this.....we won't treat different....
9ftrat.jpg
no....why would we...your our boy....no wait I meant homeboy.....yeah brother...how's it hanging....pretty low from what I've heard....no wait, stop that....we still love you like a brother....
2n6ul3p.jpg
dammit I did it again....

Now look what I done did...
2zsz62o.jpg
now your people will start talking about us.....and lead a protest....
zk31bp.jpg

yes I was upstate, about an hour from NC.

I think that the Greenville Spartanburg areas should be declared a separate State....different world up thar.:D

Dang, cuz...you musta been in Wal Mart with that other fellah.:laugh:

I agree with your dislikes...they're mine as well. Although what really bothers me is the fact that the powers that be really show a minimal interest in correcting these flaws.

What is most embarrassing is the fact that almost everything that is televised or otherwise made public by the media concerning S.C. is negative. As a result, those of us who have made attempts to progress in one fashion or another are penalized for the actions of the inbred and idiotic....and their numbers are great.
From Miss South Carolina to the Confederate Flag debate (both sides) to high STD %'s and Pitiful educational ratings...all of these make me ashamed to live here.

... I remember when we did a geneaology project and I told them about my African American and Native American heritage I was suddenly treated somewhat differently.

Dern, son. You look like a Honkey to me.:hmmm:

*puts Manic on nignore list*

j/k
:D

Dang, cuz...you musta been in Wal Mart with that other fellah.:laugh:

I agree with your dislikes...they're mine as well. Although what really bothers me is the fact that the powers that be really show a minimal interest in correcting these flaws.

What is most embarrassing is the fact that almost everything that is televised or otherwise made public by the media concerning S.C. is negative. As a result, those of us who have made attempts to progress in one fashion or another are penalized for the actions of the inbred and idiotic....and their numbers are great.
From Miss South Carolina to the Confederate Flag debate (both sides) to high STD %'s and Pitiful educational ratings...all of these make me ashamed to live here.

Which is why I was so careful to add the word "overall" and "generally" in my post. I know that not every person in SC is an inbred idiot, and I'm an educated man on stigma and prejudice enough to recognize my own thinking errors. But consistant with what you said, the culture is so that a person who tries to break free from the oh-so-proud-to-be-redneck mindset are looked down upon. I remember growing up someone telling me that I speak too "right" and that I need to dumb it down. Really? Should I? I don't think so today, but as a stupid youth I started to speak southern and use more "ain't"'s in my language. The result? People talked to me more, and to my surprise, understood me more.

Which is why I was so careful to add the word "overall" and "generally" in my post.

Oh, I wasn't offended....and yes, you're right....sadly.

I remember growing up someone telling me that I speak too "right" and that I need to dumb it down. Really? Should I? I don't think so today, but as a stupid youth I started to speak southern and use more "ain't"'s in my language. The result? People talked to me more, and to my surprise, understood me more.

This amazes me too. Even to this day, people claiming to be adults still play this game.:rolleyes:

A lot of Southern folk seem to be intimidated or insecure/defensive towards those who actually paid attention in class, or had parents who had expectations for their children. I was fortunate enough to have some great teachers, (my Mammy and sis is educators) and had the opportunity to take a few AP classes that put us ahead of the game early on. I was fortunate enough to be exposed to people from other parts of the country (Shaw AFB is here) and never got stuck in the rut that many here have.
Does this mean I'm snobby or better than some? Nah, I never saw it that way. My family was not affluent by any means, my Father worked his ass off in order that we could be what was considered "middle class", and I have honestly never wanted to be filthy rich...but at the same time, I cannot relate to the level of slackness exhibited by many people here in good old S.C.

:rolleyes:

Phew! Just came back from shopping......didn't really read what you folks from the south are talking about...

Is it about marrying your cousins and brewing your moonshine?

Wait? What did I say?

Oh, I wasn't offended....and yes, you're right....sadly.

it's funny, I didn't think you were. But when I was typing it I was thinking "It sounds like I think he was offended," but I couldn't come up with another way to say it. :shrug:
I think I was trying to agree with you, but also explain why my post was written the way it was.

Whatever, consistant with the original news article, this thread is so gay.

attachment.php

She sho is som fun!

Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Forrest Gump: We was always taking long walks, and we was always looking for a guy named "Charlie".

Two of my favorite quotes, they have nothing to do with this :D!

this is starting to get out of control... oh no, middle school flashbacks!
:mooh:

Back