• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Japan Claims Ownership of Islands Controlled by South Korea

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Funny, but now that Japan is trying to bully S. Korea it sort of reminds me of a time when nations didn't get along with each other and then a few started wars and then there were allies and there was this group called the evil Axis...wait..oh noessss .....please don't do this again!!!

FOXNews.com - Japan Claims Ownership of Islands Controlled by South Korea - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

TOKYO — Japan's government Tuesday defended its decision to include in school textbooks its claims to islands currently controlled by South Korea, a move that prompted Seoul to lodge a strong protest and recall its ambassador.
Japan reignited the controversy Monday by announcing its intention to recommend in a government-approved teaching manual that students learn about Tokyo's claims to the tiny islands in the Sea of Japan.
"It's been decided between myself, the chief Cabinet secretary and involved ministers that this is the best solution," Foreign Minister Masahiko Komura said.
Japan claimed the islets in 1905, but then South Korea laid claim in 1952. Seoul effectively controls the rocky outcroppings — called Dokdo in Korean and Takeshima in Japanese — and has stationed police on them. The area surrounding the islands is believed to be rich in fish and may also hold undersea resources.
In response to Monday's announcement, South Korea said it would recall its ambassador to Tokyo, Kwon Chul-hyun, for an unspecified time and lodged a strong protest with Japan's Foreign Ministry.
Kwon told reporters after meeting with a senior Japanese Foreign Ministry official in Tokyo that the dispute is "straining the relationship further between Japan and Korea." Kwon was expected to leave Japan later Tuesday...........more

Maybe they see something about this place that I can't see, I don't see it as prime real estate unless Godzilla is hiding underneath there.

As the World Police whose side do we take?
Is there oil involved? That would make it a heck of a reason to get involved.

Japan needs land like it is nobody's business. Japan has proven time and time again that they can do more with a tiny piece of land than any nation in history.

Japan needs land like it is nobody's business. Japan has proven time and time again that they can do more with a tiny piece of land than any nation in history.
We in NYC complain about being over crowded but that's insane the way they are over crowded.

y1pdhTavzp7PNvAQhUFUPoNy2K_SXazKVrXTKtXSeu18VUaUZWxY0nQrTHgRgsrrJFGSmu1cAMHQZ4

These are "subway pushers"

crowded-pool-japan.jpg

Crowded pool, hate to clean that afterwards.

Maybe they see something about this place that I can't see, I don't see it as prime real estate unless Godzilla is hiding underneath there.

As the World Police whose side do we take?
Is there oil involved? That would make it a heck of a reason to get involved.

Dokdo/Takeshima is a very strong issue. Moreso for the South Koreans than the Japanese.

The Koreans were there first, many years ago, so many seem to think Korea has a legitimate claim. These islands are basically rocks sprouting out of the sea. The usually aren't on maps. The importance is that the country that can legitimately claim these islands will have access to natural gas, fishing, and some other resources.

South Koreans feel very strongly about this. But then again, they feel this over anything involving its neighbors.

Dokdo/Takeshima is a very strong issue. Moreso for the South Koreans than the Japanese.

The Koreans were there first, many years ago, so many seem to think Korea has a legitimate claim. These islands are basically rocks sprouting out of the sea. The usually aren't on maps. The importance is that the country that can legitimately claim these islands will have access to natural gas, fishing, and some other resources.

South Koreans feel very strongly about this. But then again, they feel this over anything involving its neighbors.
Japan could turn those rocks into an International Airport with 3 hotels, granted the rooms in each hotel will be as large as a dog kennel and the guests will have to wait one full revolution of it's ferris wheel design before they can check out but they could do it.....Japan will look like the Jetson's in short time....

Japan could turn those rocks into an International Airport with 3 hotels, granted the rooms in each hotel will be as large as a dog kennel and the guests will have to wait one full revolution of it's ferris wheel design before they can check out but they could do it.....Japan will look like the Jetson's in short time....

I believe that Tokyo Airport is built on a man-made peninsula.

this issue is over a claim in a schoot textbook? whats all the issue about? it didn't say that they have sent fishermen to the area to fish. the article states that they are teaching their children that they believe they have a claim to the islands. TO ARMS fellow americans we must protect our allies....wait both are allies......kill them both and take the islands for ourselves....wait....lets wait a week for this thing to go away.

Back