• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Someone just gave me their Iphone

maniclion

Bohemian Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Now that I have a free Iphone what apps should I put on it? It's already got the 2.0 software. I don't need texting.... Where can I get good ebooks and what is the best reader?

toss that piece of shit, better yet you can probably sell it on Craigslist.
It's actually pretty fun, I just don't see paying over 200 for one...

toss that piece of shit, better yet you can probably sell it on Craigslist.
Is it really that bad? They just launched worldwide and sold 1million of them things in a short time. But thats probably just the iWannaHaveTheLatestStatusSymbol types who made the purchase.

Is it really that bad? They just launched worldwide and sold 1million of them things in a short time. But thats probably just the iWannaHaveTheLatestStatusSymbol types who made the purchase.

I just don't like MAC anything, I prefer Windows Mobile Phones, the thing I have never liked about MAC is it's all proprietary, their hardware/software, which is why it's so stable, BFD, and I absolutely HATE iTunes!

I will take Microsoft over MAC any day, but ultimately I prefer Open Source.

Yes, they are selling a shit load of them, so what? People are stupid sheep. :shrug:

I just don't like MAC anything, I prefer Windows Mobile Phones, the thing I have never liked about MAC is it's all proprietary, their hardware/software, which is why it's so stable, BFD, and I absolutely HATE iTunes!

I will take Microsoft over MAC any day, but ultimately I prefer Open Source.

Yes, they are selling a shit load of them, so what? People are stupid sheep. :shrug:

I won't buy one either just for the reasons you listed.

Hey it was free, anyhow I have been using it all day, i found a WIFI spot at my doctors office and browsed youtube while waiting. I booked my vacation flights on it and checked a couple of emails. The only thing that sucks is the browser doesn't support flash, but my firefox blocks most flash on all of my pic's so I'm not missing much. I haven't owned a smart phone since I had the Kyocera Palm QCP 6035 in 2001, after that one I had sworn them off as useless but this thing proves to me that they have made improvements big time. When I replace this it will definitely be a windows or linux based unit so that I can get more programs and modify more things but this is a nice introduction back into pocket computing for me. The touch screen features are realy awesome I mean being able to zoom text with my thumb and forefinger is great....

It's cool that you can sort your voicemails in a list instead of having to go through one to get to another. The YouTube thing is cool too and interface is sleak.

Sell it and get yourself a real phone.

Hey it was free, anyhow I have been using it all day, i found a WIFI spot at my doctors office and browsed youtube while waiting. I booked my vacation flights on it and checked a couple of emails. The only thing that sucks is the browser doesn't support flash, but my firefox blocks most flash on all of my pic's so I'm not missing much. I haven't owned a smart phone since I had the Kyocera Palm QCP 6035 in 2001, after that one I had sworn them off as useless but this thing proves to me that they have made improvements big time. When I replace this it will definitely be a windows or linux based unit so that I can get more programs and modify more things but this is a nice introduction back into pocket computing for me. The touch screen features are realy awesome I mean being able to zoom text with my thumb and forefinger is great....

great, I can do all of that on my Windows Mobile phone.

actually the touch screen sucks, you cannot use a stylus, requires human touch, for most males its very difficult to use due to fatter fingers, and not musch better for most females who have long finger nails.

IML Gear Cream!
It's cool that you can sort your voicemails in a list instead of having to go through one to get to another. The YouTube thing is cool too and interface is sleak.
Yeah the voicemail tripped me out when I first saw it. Now I don't have to waste time listening to some menu bitch give me the same blah blah blah messages, first recieved messae sent 2 weeks ago at 2:27am...

Aside from the hardware limitations, iPhones kick ass. They have the best interface of any phone on the market.

HTC Mogul baby, waiting for Raphael next.

I will never buy another Mac product. Fuck them.

You can copy the UI if you wanted to with a custom rom on any WM smart phone.

I'm posting this from my iphone while sitting on the porcelain throne. Using my home wifi this thing breezes thru the net. I really like how I can zoom in or out on text or pics with a pinch or simple opening pinch, if I want to see the page wider I just tilt the screen sideways.

IML Gear Cream!
What else is flipping sweet is if I google a phone number when I click on the number it asks me if I want to dial it from the browser, that was just too much when I had to call a hotel in San Francisco yesterday....

I've had one since the release day of the original model. It blows away just about any other phone I've used.

Back