• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The Camaro and the Mullet hair cut returns in 2010!

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Production 2010 Chevy Camaro Revealed!

2010-Chevy-Camaro-Production.jpg
This is it. The 2010 Chevy Camaro, revealed in all its glory. According to details we've been told by the folks breaking the embargo, the new Chevy Camaro will come in LS, LT and SS (yes, we know there's a badge there that says "RS")â?????? and be available in either 6-speed manual or auto flavors. Under the hood, a 296 HP 3.6-liter V6 or a 416 HP 6.2-liter V8 with cylinder deactivation. And check out that interior â?????? looks very muscular to us. Weight? How about 3,747 lb â?????? lighter than the Challenger. Full details below the jump.

The Mullet-Mobile Is Back

Here's what we're told from the folks at CarTribe:
The Camaro will come in LS, LT and full-on SS specs and be available with 6-speed manual and auto transmissions. Under the bonnet sit fuel-efficient 296bhp 3.6-liter V6 and 416bhp 6.2-liter V8 engines, which can run on fewer cylinders to improve economy. It shouldn't just be a burnout king either, handling should be pretty good thanks to an all-independent suspension setup and a StabiliTrak stability control system. 4-pot Brembo brakes front and rear shed the speed on the SS. Weight balance is split 52/48 front/rear too, but the Camaro is a porker, weighing in at more than 1,700kgs.
The interior gets cool LED lighting, leather seats on posher models and dials and gauges inspired by 1969 Camaros. The US gets the car in early 2009, while we'll get it some time after that. Super.

Wow... Looks really nice. I wonder how it will sell with current gas prices. I just traded in my leased GTO.. didn't even consider buying it because of the gas, and that was a 6.0 litre. Anyway, the new Camaro looks sharp as hell.

Damn that car looks sweet. Oops sorry to get off subject, i know this thread was for whining about gas prices.

Damn that car looks sweet. Oops sorry to get off subject, i know this thread was for whining about gas prices.

I'm not whining. It's a nice car, just don't know how it will sell under the circumstances...

to hell with the little people and their gas whining.

I want this car!s

Couple hundred pounds heavier than the last generation, oh well. Bet its a nifty fun drive though, ala GTO.

Wow... Looks really nice. I wonder how it will sell with current gas prices. I just traded in my leased GTO.. didn't even consider buying it because of the gas, and that was a 6.0 litre. Anyway, the new Camaro looks sharp as hell.
With cylinder deactivation it can go from an 8 to a 6 or from a six to a 4 while putting around in traffic....

IML Gear Cream!
looks like a rip off the new Mustang body design...don't care for the interior either (not that you buy a camaro for the interior though).

I've never been a fan of the Camaro line and this new one just seems to re affirm it for me.

There is a reason GM is close to bankrupcy...

I used to work there, and it is a nest of inbred ideas, nepotism, and like all modern public corporations... -FEAR

:rolleyes: - to any company that thinks its on the cutting edge with that crap going on.

looks like a rip off the new Mustang body design...

Its a "rip off" of the first generation Camaro, 1967-1969 (which stretched into the first half of 1970).

looks like a rip off the new Mustang body design...don't care for the interior either (not that you buy a camaro for the interior though).

I've never been a fan of the Camaro line and this new one just seems to re affirm it for me.

Its a "rip off" of the first generation Camaro, 1967-1969 (which stretched into the first half of 1970).
Mudge is correct here, when I first saw the Mustang I thought it was a retro camaro.

meh....maybe my mistake then. I'm only 26 and not a muscle car buff.

I wonder if its still unibody constructed, I imagine to save a few bucks that it probably is.

Jesus. I'm sad to say I use to own a Camaro when I was 17. Apparently GM's goal is to hit a single digit stock price as soon as possible, or even compete with Ford and see who can go bankrupt first. They've done so well, let's see...

1) They leaked the pictures 5 years ago. Nobody even gives a shit at this point because it's old news.

2) The interior looks cheaper than it did 10 years ago. There couldn't possibly be more cheap looking plastic and over-sized gaudy gadgets

3) Re-releasing a car whose sales were so drastically low that the Mustang was out-selling the Firebird, Trans-am and Camaro COMBINED at the end of it's era. Also, they decide to do so when gas is $4 a gallon. Excellent timing for a car that will get 12mpg and is targeted toward blue-collar workers. I hope whoever was in charge of this project gets shot in the head.

Thats Why Im Just Getting A Used Zo6 Next Year. 505 Hp And 26-28mpg. And An 06 Z Will Cost Just A Little More Than A Ss, But It Will Compensate In Gas!

Thats Why Im Just Getting A Used Zo6 Next Year. 505 Hp And 26-28mpg. And An 06 Z Will Cost Just A Little More Than A Ss, But It Will Compensate for lack of penis size!
Oh really?:thinking:

IML Gear Cream!
Thats Why Im Just Getting A Used Zo6 Next Year. 505 Hp And 26-28mpg. And An 06 Z Will Cost Just A Little More Than A Ss, But It Will Compensate In Gas!

If you think a Z06 will get 26mpg I have a bridge to sell you...

maniclion i want a vette for lack of penis size? :hmmm: just cause thats the reason you work out is to compensate for what you lack in the penis department doesnt mean thats why i want a vette!!!

ok i miss read it is the regular vette quoted at 26 and the z06 is 24. so i was off a little big deal! 100 more hp that a regular vette, i think i can sacrafice 2 mpg.

3) Re-releasing a car whose sales were so drastically low that the Mustang was out-selling the Firebird, Trans-am and Camaro COMBINED at the end of it's era. Also, they decide to do so when gas is $4 a gallon. Excellent timing for a car that will get 12mpg and is targeted toward blue-collar workers. I hope whoever was in charge of this project gets shot in the head.

The V6 Mustang is very, very popular. V8 sales were about equal. Not many people want a V6 F-body.

On a long, long trip driving 60-65 MPH I could believe those numbers with the last one but the new one? Hmm. I have heard of 37 MPG with F-bodies fine tuned and no cats (non-stock computer).

ive heard of big numbers from the ls1. my mom gets 28 out of her 2000 ws6 and thats with over 100k miles on the car. i believe you can at least 24 out of the c6z06. when i put 26-28 i was thinking of the c6 numbers not the z

point of this is im not impressed with the numbers on the new camaro. i think they could have made it lighter, i am sure it makes more power than 416, its probably underated just like the ls1, but i think they could have did better on gas mileage. looks good, but im not really impressed

chevy-camaro2009.jpg

I will own one of these ... :thumb:

That thing looks so much better than the new Mustang... no comparison really. I much prefer the 2004 stangs to the new ones....
4935618.JPG
0100_1474.JPG

But the new camaro is bad-ass. Plus I bet you could fit 5 or 6 hooters girls on the hood of the new camaro.:daydream:

ok i miss read it is the regular vette quoted at 26 and the z06 is 24. so i was off a little big deal! 100 more hp that a regular vette, i think i can sacrafice 2 mpg.

What Chevrolet "quotes" means absolutely nothing. There's all kinds of technical loops that allows them to claim it can get 26mpg, when it's not even close to that in real world driving. Do you honestly believe you're going to get 26mpg in a pushrod V8 Corvette? My buddy has a 07 Z06, I haven't driven it but I can tell you in a few days what he gets as far as MPG. I remember him telling me before that he's lucky to get 14 in the city, not sure on the highway but I will find out.

Umm, the LS series are more furl efficient than one might think. However, theyre not exactly economy cars.

Ive had NOTHING but GM and Ford cars in my arsenal since before I could drive (mmm with an exception to a 91 Isuzu truck that was near bullet proof) and with that said, even I hesitate with buying a "hot rod." I still get pretty good mileage in my 99 T/A with over 100k and its still running 12s, but I tire of the growing prices. Not to mention, you have to buy supreme to compensate with the higher compression ratios or else youll be knocking down the road.

The cylinder deactivation gig is a nice touch, but its something that can break. GM has GOT to be knowing that this is coming, so they should offer a similiar gas deal that Chrysler has, BUT off it for the Camaro! (Chrysler doesnt offer it for their faster models)

city and highway two different things!!! in a fairly light car, it is possible to get that mileage! look at the ls1 ta's and camaro's..... heavier cars less power and averge 28!!! i think it is possible to get 24 out of the Z

and we know GM is off on sports cars, they seem to under rate that power a little bit!!!

im getting a 06 mustang in about a month..but the new camaros look sooo nice i want one of them too....and the hooters girls

Back