• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

McCain: Social Security Tax Hike â?????On the Tableâ??????

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Political Radar: McCain: Social Security Tax Hike â?????On the Tableâ??????

July 27, 2008 9:32 AM

ABC News' Anamarie Rebori reports: Sen. John McCain made clear this weekend that when it comes to fixing Social Security, "everything is on the table," including a possible payroll tax increase.

"There is nothing I would take off the table. There was nothing I would demand," McCain told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos in an exclusive interview on "This Week." "I think thatâ??????s the way that Ronald Reagan and Tip Oâ??????Neill did it -- and that's what we have to do again."

When asked if that includes a possible hike in the payroll tax, McCain reiterated that nothing -- including such a tax hike -- is "off the table."

"I don't want tax increases. Of course, I'd like to have young Americans have some of their money put into an account with their name on it," McCain said.

However, in a February interview with Stephanopoulos, which also aired on "This Week," McCain made a pledge not to raise taxes as president. When Stephanopoulos asked, "Are you a 'read my lips' candidate, no new taxes, no matter what?" McCain responded affirmatively: "No new taxes."

Mino.. the news stories you cherry pick seem a little slanted, no? ;)

So did McCain actually contradict himself in the same interview?

Damn, what an inspiring candidate we have here.

(Correct me if I'm wrong on the McCain corporate tax below. Bob Brinker of "Money Talk" said this today. He's my source.)

McCain wants to cut the corporate top rate from 35% to 25%.

And yes, he has to raise Social Security taxes, because it's going to be insolvent in a few years.

SS payroll taxes will have to be raised. There's no way around it.

Social Security is such a raging fucking success, I can't wait for Obama to get the government involved with our health care. If government health care is as successful as social security, public education, the war on drugs, and virtually every other endeavor the idiots in Washington get their hands on, we will be euthenizing people who break limbs.

Your right, it does seem that way, I am looking for dirt on Obama....true dirt not the fictional stuff being posted online.

I did follow one on Obama right after this one just to make the playing level even.

I do notice one this about the Media...either they like Obama or their just a liberal group.

Checked again....the Republicans need help.

I do prefer Obama over McCain or any other Conservative now....

I am really pulling for the invisible man but damnit where is he?

Ron Paul

Checked again....the Republicans need help.

I do prefer Obama over McCain or any other Conservative now....

I am really pulling for the invisible man but damnit where is he?

Ron Paul

I'm just playing with you...Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "McCain guy" by choice.. it's by necessity!

So did McCain actually contradict himself in the same interview?

Damn, what an inspiring candidate we have here.

:roflmao:thats what ALL politicians do...thats what makes the beltway the beltway my friend

Back