• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Soul Calibur 4, anyone?

Crono1000

Peelosopher
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anybody playing this on the 360? It's been freaking awesome so far, easily one of my favorite fighting games ever. The Create-a-Character alone is worth the purchase, I've spent more time doing that than actually fighting. Look me up if anyone's playing

gamertag: Cronotitanya

Anybody playing this on the 360? It's been freaking awesome so far, easily one of my favorite fighting games ever. The Create-a-Character alone is worth the purchase, I've spent more time doing that than actually fighting. Look me up if anyone's playing

gamertag: Cronotitanya

I'm getting SC4 today hopefully. SC2 was my favorite game for the original xbox. Ive been waiting for a real sequel, SC3 was dog shit.

it looks like something Tyler would love.

No, I am still pissed about soul caliber 3. I played sc2 for probabaly more hours than any other game in my life.

I'll buy sc4 if they fix the damage they did the my favorite sc2 characters when they made sc3.

No, I am still pissed about soul caliber 3. I played sc2 for probabaly more hours than any other game in my life.

I'll buy sc4 if they fix the damage they did the my favorite sc2 characters when they made sc3.

I never played 3, but the general belief is that this is definitly an improvement. As much as I love it, I kinda wonder if while 3 had messed up a lot of its modes, 4 just ommitted them entirely. What I mean is that if you don't play online there's just not much to do besides Create-a-Character. Story Mode is an incredibly short 5 matches with only two difficulty options, Arcade Mode puts you against the same characters 3 out of 8 battles each time, and has NO difficulty options. And then there's Tower Mode, which is fullfilling and has tag team, but will only be fun for so long. Vs. Mode is just that, Vs. Mode. There's no Tag Vs., Comp vs. Comp, Character Model Viewer, Sound Test, and no difficulty settings (which blows my mind). I SUSPECT that those features are purposefully missing, requiring you to buy downloadable content to play them later on. One day after release and there's already a $1.50 downloadable costume pack

BUT, what the game does do it does amazingly well. The gameplay for me has never been more balanced, and seems a bit easier to learn for some reason. The characters look AMAZING. And the Create-a-Character feature lets you make characters that often look more awesome than the originals (I made the spitting image of Crono from Chrono Trigger!!!). You can even redress the original characters.

I personally am not a huge fan of online console games, I prefer to play the comp because of the usual online mentality that "only winning is fun and I have to pick the same top tier character as everyone else." But once I got to playing online it's lots of fun, and the games are seperated for Ranked or Non-Ranked play so I can avoid the hardcore gamers by playing Non-Ranked. I've already met some cool people who chat and joke around while playing so it's lots of fun.

Check out these Custom Characters!
YouTube Video

I don't play online, and I never cared for anything other than vs mode and training mode. I have about 20 or so friends that played sc2. It was a big deal. We would hold tournaments and play for money. One friend who taught me some of the finer points of the game went to a huge tournament and took second and a $1000 prize.

Online SC can never truly work and here is why. Just frame moves requires millisecond timing. It takes months and months of grueling training to be able to perform just frame attacks and GIs. That can never work on networks with people who have 200-500 milliseconds.

Back