Regular whole wheat bread vs. sprouted grain bread

Rep Points

Regular whole wheat bread vs. sprouted grain bread

I know sprouted grains are supposed to be so much better for you but honestly I can't stand the stuff...it tastes like cardboard.

Will eating WW bread really be that much different? Am I risking my gains at all by doing so?

Rep Points

Don't go with whole wheat, go with whole grain, its much healthier for you than whole wheat.

Rep Points

do you mean like ezekial bread? I always toast it and it makes it soooo much better

Rep Points

wtf is ezekial bread

Rep Points

It's from Food for Life. I use the raisin bread . try it , most health food stores carry it.

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Hey, I have an idea.....just don't eat bread.

If you must eat bread, the less processed the better...and do it in moderation. There are sooo many other carb sources out there, why stress over bread?

Rep Points

I like bread. I'm a sandwich fan. Is that so bad?

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigsahm21 View Post
    I like bread. I'm a sandwich fan. Is that so bad?
    Depends on your goals.

I personally don't eat much bread. It isn't entirely bad, but IMO, it can be replaced with better carbs, or just omitted. I would say that if you must eat bread regularly, be sure to pay attention to the nutritional information because there is a lot of variation in the macro's, depending on the source/baker.

Rep Points

Okay well obviously I'm going to pay attention to the macros regarding everything that I eat. And I'm not talking about a lot of bread...1-2 slices a day probably.

My main question is that so many people talk about bread like its such a bad thing, when I just don't get it. If you read the ingredients and it's got 100% whole grains, no HFCS, minimal sugar, etc., what's so bad about it? I know it's lower on the GI scale, but I really don't put much stock in that, particularly when I'm eating it as part of a meal with proteins and fats. What makes a "sprouted" grain better than a whole grain?

Rep Points

There is no bread out there that can compare to sprouted grain bread.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.