NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Comment on this routine for me.

Rep Points

Comment on this routine for me.

Hi,
    Could you give me some feedback on this 3 day routine?
    I put this on 2 other forums. One said it was bad the other said it was good.
    What do you people say?

Legs, Abs
    Squats 3
    Leg Press 2
    Leg Curls 3
    Situps 3
    Calves 4

Back, Biceps
    Pulldowns 3
    Deadlifts 3
    DB Rows 3
    Barbell Curls 3
    Hammer Curls 2

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    DB Bench 3
    Incline Bench 3
    Close Grip 3
    DB Shoulder Press 3
    Lat Raises 2
    Shrugs 2

Also other than abs what other muscles are legs good to train with?

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skin n Bonez View Post
    Legs, Abs
    Squats 3
    Leg Press 2
    Leg Curls 3
    Situps 3
    Calves 4
    I would do a little bit of core work every training day.

As for the rest of this session - where are the deadlifts?

I would cut out leg curls as they are basically worthless, and add in some single leg hyperextensions instead.

I would also cut leg press and put in split squats/lunges.

That way you get some good unilateral work in there.

A few sets of calve raises is fine.

Back, Biceps
    Pulldowns 3
    Deadlifts 3
    DB Rows 3
    Barbell Curls 3
    Hammer Curls 2
    Ah, here are deadlifts. I would put them on leg day, as they are mostly a ham/hip dominant movement. They do use a huge amount of back muscle, but i still consider them a leg movement.

Can you do pullups? If so i would include those and make the pulldowns 1 handed.

If you do the DB rows as a unilateral movement, you could also probably include a bent over barbell row or tbar row aswell.

There isnt much need for 2 bicep isolation movements either, so i would cut one.

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    DB Bench 3
    Incline Bench 3
    Close Grip 3
    DB Shoulder Press 3
    Lat Raises 2
    Shrugs 2
    I dont think theres much need for 3 bench press variations in there.

DB bench is fine, Incline bench i would replace with dips. Do the shoulder presses as a unilateral.

I would also cut shrugs, im not a great lover of that movement. Plus its a pull more than a push so doesnt really fit here.

Lat raises are your call.

Well thats your exercise selection sorted out. Without some form of setxrep scheme and periodization plan this is just a list of movements rather than a program.

Have you any ideas for that?
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by stout22 View Post
    its a good beginner program. when you become more familiar with different exercises, you should try to focus on one bodypart per day. and you can try combining biceps and triceps because the blood doesn't have as far to travel as say shoulders and legs to get a pump. looks pretty decent though. just keep learning.
    1 - the body doesnt know bodyparts. Isolating bodyparts is one of the oldest and most inefficient ways to train.

2 - dedicated arms days are a waste of time. Focusing on larger muscles and compound movements will do more for overall growth on the arms than any amount of bicep and tricep work ever could.

3 - The pump means nothing. It is just blood moving to an area and making it swell. If you train for pumps, a pump is all you will get.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.