• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gains Getting Harder

SnowManSnow

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey everyone.

I forget how long I've actually been training under the "laws" of body building, but I think it's like 3 mos or something now.

I have to say that I've made some nice strength gains, and even some visible (and not just to me) gains. It's particularly evident my my chest and arms.

The thing is that over the last few weeks I haven't made those strength and size gains that I've gotten use too. Is it typical to plateau out after the first few months or so so that gains get tougher?

One thing I know that is contributing is that I'm not eating quite enough. I'm still getting more protein and calories than I would have before I started, but I need to do a better job of keeping up with it.

Also, is it ok to mix things up a little? I have been doing 3x8 sets. Last workout I went heavier weight and did 4x5. Is this ok for a period of time to just relieve boredom and overload the muscle movement, or should I stick with 3x8?

I know it isn't that important HOW MUCH I'm lifting, but just to give you an idea... when I started I was using 50lbs for flat dumbell presses. After moving up in weight this week I was lifting 100lb's. Yea, it was a difficult, and a few sets went closer to a good 3 than 5. Everything else has gone up pretty much in the same ratio (but not quite double on everything arnolds are wicked hard with +80 for me haha). Right direction or go back?

Have a good one.

Thanks for any intelligent insight.

B

Change your rountine up completely and eat more man go on a bulking diet for a while and you'll see resutls:thumb:

Go read about Periodization. Its the key to perpetual progress.

Enjoy the goodness of plants by eating them not smoking, snorting, drinking or injecting the badness.

Follow their instructions. If it doesnt work, start using AAS.

Enjoy the goodness of plants by eating them not smoking, snorting, drinking or injecting the badness.

......are you dissing marijuana?

IML Gear Cream!
When I started the program my weight was 165 and my body fat was 23%, right now I'm 186 and my body fat is 13% !!! On average, all my strength exercises went up about 50%! I train people for a living but these guys http://tinyurl.com/getbig helped to sum it up for a lot of my clients who needed to focus more on understanding how the body works. Mentally you must train yourself as much as physically also bare in mind that its going to take longer than 3months to get total results, looking fantabulous takes years of dedicated commitment!

Eat more.

my biggest enemy early on was pushing myself to lift bigger weights
and training myself how much weight i actually need to be using...

doing 10 reps with 10 pounds isnt going to do much if you could do 10 reps with 40...

my favorite this to do now is to pick up the heaviest possible db's
have a buddy help me clear them

and press out 4 solid strict form reps on a flat bench
so heavy that if you were to try pressing 5 you would likely fail...

that being said...
if you are lifting heavy

take a few days off
recover, clear your mind, and go back into the gym with complete different exercises

this could mean switching out barbells for db's
subbing lunges for squats
changing motion etc

or it could mean re evaluating your entire routine

with a proper diet (eat like a monster, look like a monster) you should bust through a plateau

DO lift big
DO have a spot
DO learn your limits before you push them

DO NOT walk into the gym pick up the biggest db's you can and try pressing them... you will severely fuck your shoulders

make sure you can lift the weight before you push your limits

sorry if im insulting you intelligence...
but i seem to give people advice there not ready for often

When I started the program my weight was 165 and my body fat was 23%, right now I'm 186 and my body fat is 13% !!! On average, all my strength exercises went up about 50%! I train people for a living but these guys http://tinyurl.com/getbig helped to sum it up for a lot of my clients who needed to focus more on understanding how the body works. Mentally you must train yourself as much as physically also bare in mind that its going to take longer than 3months to get total results, looking fantabulous takes years of dedicated commitment!

Not to be rude, but .... DUH!

You mean it takes more than 3 months! haha NO WAY!

DO lift big
DO have a spot
DO learn your limits before you push them

DO NOT walk into the gym pick up the biggest db's you can and try pressing them... you will severely fuck your shoulders

make sure you can lift the weight before you push your limits

sorry if im insulting you intelligence...
but i seem to give people advice there not ready for often

Fair enough.

For flat bench that's basically what I've been doing. I can grind out about 4-5 reps over 3 sets with 100lb DBs. Right now that's about my limit. Ive been training with a guy I work with who is about 320 at around 6'9. He doesnt LOOK like a body builder, but with that size he's strong so I get good spots.

Also been doing that with Arnolds and 80 LB DBs.

I have noticed my form was suffering in the latter sets though, so this week Im dropping back to a little lighter weight and trying to go 6-8 x 3 with as close to perfect form as I can get.

For the most part I took last week off. So far this week, as of Tuesday, my lifts are feeling pretty solid.

Also what Built said was correct. I'm not eating enough on a perpetual basis. Thats an issue I'm working on correcting. Thanks Built.

B

ok...

your not as new as i was afraid

i see people in my gym all the time picking up 45lb dbs and trying to curl them, who should be using 15s...

on the other hand i see some people pick up 45lb dbs for flat press, they can press out 10 reps without any strain... and i think
mayybeee its time to move up in weight...

Back