• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Panic sets in for Obama, Democrats

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Panic sets in for Obama, Democrats | Thinking Right | ajc.com

By Jim Wooten | Friday, September 12, 2008, 09:04 PM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Barack Obama knows it. The election he had in the bag is slipping away.

The selection of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as John McCainâ??????s running mate has so thrown him off stride, as it has most other Democrats, that all the momentum he had has vanished. Heâ??????s getting panicky advice from everywhere. He intends to launch more and sharper attacks, abandoning any pretense of a new and different, more civil campaign.

Democrats know something, and desperation is setting in. They have a novice campaigner who wanders off message. With every advantage in the primaries, Obama couldnâ??????t win the big states â?????? New York, New Jersey, Ohio and Pennsylvania â?????? against Hillary Clinton, even when he got to define the rules for running against him. She could never risk alienating the base sheâ??????ll need in 2012; John McCain and Sarah Palin have no such constraints â?????? hence the panic.

For a â?????changeâ??? candidate, Obama appears to be a man locked in time, unable to move past criticism, unable to move from the grip of the Democratic left, unable to adapt to the changed reality that the campaign is not the referendum on the war in Iraq or on the administration of George W. Bush that heâ??????d envisioned.

Heâ??????s begun to sound dated. Last week, for example, he devoted valuable campaign days â?????? less than two months remain â?????? into explaining a silly â?????lipstick on a pigâ??? line. The McCain campaign had reacted, accusing him of making the reference to Palin. â?????I donâ??????t care what they say about me,â??? Obama responded. â?????But I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and â?????Swiftboat politics.â?????? Enough is enough,â??? he said. (The Swiftboat reference is from the 2004 campaign of John Kerry).

The Democratic left is still seething from the Kerry campaignâ??????s loss and is determined to see Bush expelled from the White House in disgrace â?????? the reason it is locked in to making this a referendum on the administration now ending.

It barely worked when the maverick McCain, no darling of the Bushites, got the nomination. With Palin, the Washington outsider, the â?????third termâ??? argument is plainly absurd. But Obama canâ??????t let go, just as the lefties canâ??????t let go of the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth defeat of Kerry. He canâ??????t move on.

Obama has the habit, too, of reminding voters of their doubts about him, as he did in reminding a Detroit audience that heâ??????s been accused of being less interested in protecting you from terrorists than reading them their rights. And, when he professes love of country as his basis for refusing to allow the McCain campaign to attack his words, he raises questions about why he finds the affirmation of love necessary.

Obama will lose because with less than two months remaining voters wonâ??????t be able to get comfortable with him. He canâ??????t stay on message and he canâ??????t avoid sending signals that interfere with the message when he does.

McCain, on the other hand, has been superb going back at least to Obamaâ??????s European tour. Mainstream America is comfortable with him and, with Palinâ??????s selection, conservatives who had their doubts are onboard. The GOP is energized and suddenly an unwinnable election is reversed.

Obama got this far by winning small states and Southern states he has no chance of carrying in November. In Georgia, for example, the latest Insider Advantage poll has McCain pulling 56 percent of the vote to 38 percent for Obama, numbers that are not likely to change more than 4 percentage points in November. The undecideds and those who intend to vote for third-party campaigns are at 6 percent.

In this election, voters will decide early. Obamaâ??????s been in a yearlong campaign; McCainâ??????s familiar. The two are sufficiently exposed and known for voters to make a decision now.

Itâ??????s not over. But itâ??????s getting there â?????? and Obama knows it.

I think the writer here is dead on target regarding Obama's loss of focus. Palin has him unhinged. Rather than staying with his message of "Change" (which I'm still trying to find his definition for) he has now resorted to a clearly defensive posture. Plus, his side is pouring tens and tens of $millions$ into an anti-palin campain startegy. He really needs to get over Palin and get back to campaigning on his core convictions (Errr.... did he ever state what those were?).

All I know is that if McCain tries to put me to the back of this bus, I will march on Washington! :pissed: I will fight for my rights and to end this damn inequality. I want to have the power to choose to marry anyone I wish.

They say they're for smaller government, but they want to get into my personal life and tell me I'm horrible.

I'm just saying that I want my pitbull, my C&C permit, D permit, a nice semi-automatic, plenty of ammo, and a license to kill, then I'll be ready for when the crazy religious people come over to start shit - if I'm going out, I'm taking as many of them with me as possible.

This gay boy will not be stereotyped and will fight back! :bash:

All I know is that if McCain tries to put me to the back of this bus, I will march on Washington! :pissed: I will fight for my rights and to end this damn inequality. I want to have the power to choose to marry anyone I wish.

They say they're for smaller government, but they want to get into my personal life and tell me I'm horrible.

I'm just saying that I want my pitbull, my C&C permit, D permit, a nice semi-automatic, plenty of ammo, and a license to kill, then I'll be ready for when the crazy religious people come over to start shit - if I'm going out, I'm taking as many of them with me as possible.

Your whole post makes you sound like a paranoid, sociopathic, homicidal, enraged, homosexual, psychopath.

Fuck equal rights. We should box you up; send you to Afghanistan and turn your ass lose on the taliban assholes. :grin:

Your whole post makes you sound like a paranoid, sociopathic, homicidal, enraged, homosexual, psychopath.

Fuck equal rights. We should box you up; send you to Afghanistan and turn your ass lose on the taliban assholes. :grin:

Yeah, I'm pretty angry and screwed up! I never meant to yell at anyone here, but this has me all pissed off. Hey, I guess I'm kind of the gay version of DOMS, just targeting religious fundamentalists instead of Mexicans :D!

I have a few friends who stand to have their marriages overturned because of crap like this. Add to that the fact we live in Florida which is trying to pass Ammendment 2 which states:

"Inasmuch as marriage is the legal union of only one man and one woman as husband and wife, no other legal union that is treated as marriage or the substantial equivalent thereof shall be valid or recognized."

Not exactly an unbiased page, but a good one

So it not only re-affirms the existing state definition of marriage, but it also outlaws and ignores any other type of union made elsewhere :pissed: - aparently gay marriage is more a danger to marriage than divorce is.

Also, I tried to get into the Marines, and Navy but was blocked because of my Tourette Syndrome (just the motor twitches). If it were up to me, I'd be there with all of you guys right now. I have two friends (not counting you) who are Marines (not on active duty anymore) and one who is going to start training in October (Force-Protection) and I really want go with them. Honestly, I hate feeling useless.

Also, I don't like dealing with these people who want someone else to fix everything but won't do anything themselves - at least I talked to all the recruiters and took that damn ASVAB (I guess I did pretty good because I got a lot of calls - Air-Force once, Army twice, Marines and Navy three times).

Isn't Obama against gay marriage too? I know at some point he was...

Isn't Obama against gay marriage too? I know at some point he was...

Yeah, but he never said he would support an amendment banning it like McCain did.

I'm hoping all this is just political talk to appease their supporters (McCain and Obama).

Yeah, but he never said he would support an amendment banning it like McCain did.

McCain doesn't support a constitutional ban... he wants the states to decide.

CNN.com - McCain: Same-sex marriage ban is un-Republican - Jul 14, 2004

Headline: "Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona broke forcefully with President Bush and the Senate GOP leadership Tuesday evening over the issue of same-sex marriage, taking to the Senate floor to call a constitutional amendment that would effectively ban the practice unnecessary -- and un-Republican."

Considering the rights marriage give you I do find it a little unsettling to allow male homosexuals to marry, there lifestyle is so much more dangerous

Considering the rights marriage give you I do find it a little unsettling to allow male homosexuals to marry, there lifestyle is so much more dangerous

Are you serious? What rights exactly?

IML Gear Cream!

How so?

Stupid people make stupid decisions all the time, but they almost never accurately portray the entire group.

Besides, a republican administration (one based on limited government- like they all claim to be) should not be attempting to tell people how to live their lives or have as much control over the details of said lives as they are trying to take now. I guess I'm really trying to get people to "walk-the-talk" (but we all know that'll never happen on either side :thumb:).

Gay sword fights....you can really poke an eye out with a stiffy.

McCain doesn't support a constitutional ban... he wants the states to decide.

CNN.com - McCain: Same-sex marriage ban is un-Republican - Jul 14, 2004

Headline: "Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona broke forcefully with President Bush and the Senate GOP leadership Tuesday evening over the issue of same-sex marriage, taking to the Senate floor to call a constitutional amendment that would effectively ban the practice unnecessary -- and un-Republican."

If he sticks to that, I'll be happier. Still, I want to be able to marry.

Right now Florida is pissing me off more than the Federal government. I really think Florida has the most conservative and corrupt government in the country (Where I live, the county board is run by land developers, real estate agents, and contractors, so of course they want to sell our water to a company for it to bottle and re-sell back to us for profit - this is a pretty big scandal locally and has come under fire from many residents). I don't want to leave the state because I love it and it is home, and because I want to see it come more in line with other areas of the country (even to be more like Texas would be a huge improvement - heck, I like Texas, California, parts of New England - I grew up in Connecticut).

I really just hope Amendment 2 does not pass, I actually might have to move if it does :(.

Gay sword fights....you can really poke an eye out with a stiffy.

EXsorbeo:
1. Morning Missle Crisis-Every dawn was the same- Domestic nuclear holocast, nearly averted!

2. Free the Hostages-If you dont, they eventually got out themselves.

3. One Eyed Monster War-Strangle a big angry monster until you strangle the life out of it! Released in 1991.

4. Zif-Woops!

5. Squirt-That game taught me how to clean up after myself!

6. Pocket Pool-Hole in the corner pocket, every time. This was all about the gameplay. Nobody Ever Finished the last pro level challenge, EXCEPT ME!

7. Mortal Sin-THE GAME THEY TRIED TO BAN!

8. Tonsil Hockey-A great game

EXsorbeo

:haha:

catholic, jewish, muslim, black, white, yellow- I dont care who you are, but just because you sit in office and are considered a legislator doesnt give you a right to tell people who they can and cant marry, just as well as they can't tell you whether abortion is wrong or right...this is called letting your own religion and morals get in the way of governing a greater body of people...Look, im your reagan conservative, little government, strong military, give the tax payers their money, but as far as civil rights such as marriage and abortion goes, I think the republicans can suck it in that sense...and its not every one in the republican party, its not even the party itself, its the holy rollers who want to use public office as a tool to act upon their own beliefs...I'm voting for mccain, because I'll be damned before we let this obama for your momma guy crawl into office and turn the U.S. into a pacifist canada who has everything socialized up the wazoo...palin's a hottie! and shes got her crap together..I just hope Mccain learns from bush's mistakes and brings back what the republican party once was!

Back