• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Metallica Death Magnetic

zombul

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I have listened to a little bit of it after purchasing it and wondered if anyone else had picked it up yet and what they thought of it. There is an Unforgiven 3 track on it and it's almost a combination of their earlier and more modern stuff it seems to me like.

I heard several songs from it, and quite frankly im not too impressed. A couple of the songs sounds like metallica was trying to turn pop. I think their best work was kill em all...their newer stuff just isn't what I'd like to hear, but thats just me.

I actually refuse to listen to it.
I only heard a couple songs from the St. Anger debacle and it was more than enough to ruin Metallica for me forever...Load and ReLoad were bad enough... now they're just crap.
Kinda depressing since they were one of the greatest bands ever in my opinion.

I had no problem with load and reload. St Anger was horrible and this album isn't among there best in this modern day I look for it to catch alot of hell.

Justice was the last great album for them.
Load and Reload would have been great if they had changed the name of the band.
The music is rather good, however it's not 'metallica', hell compare anything they've put out in the last 15 years to anything from puppets or lightning, hell even garage days.... no frikkin contest

the problem is that they tried to go back to their old sound, unfortunately, it just comes out really weak. I mean, this album might have been ok in like 1988, but for 2008 it is out of place. They really should have expanded on their sound from Load/Reload and taken the music a little more modern, instead we have a bunch of 40 year olds trying to sound like they were when they were 20 and in their hayday.

in fact, if you listen to every song you can hear a piece of another, better song of theirs in there.

the only song i really like is the instrumental, I actually think it's a really cool song.

I can't wait for the Rick Rubin produced ZZ Top Album!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with what lucifuge has said pretty much, except Megadeth were always better, and i actually kinda liked Reload for what it was.

Totally wasnt up to the par of Puppets and Justice though. Those are the only three albums by 'tallica i can actually stand to listen to.

Heard some clips of this new one and meh, nothing stood out as particularly memorable.

Well... apparently my wife didn't get the memo that I think metallica stinks now... because she bought me a copy of Death Magnetic.
I am currently finishing up my second session of listening to the entire album and...... it's crap.
pure. unadulterated. crap.
the instumental isn't bad... so I say that Metallica should become the rock/metal version of Manheim Steamroller.
I could get behind that.... at least there wouldn't be poorly written lyrics and horrible bridges.
So, my wife payed $8 for this cd, if anyone wants it, I'll sell it to you for $3 plus shipping.
Hell.... send me a blank cd & a stamp and I'll copy it for ya, just in an effort to piss Lars off.

Why would Jason Newsted leave the band?
and or why did he get booted?

I have listened to it a little more and it still isn't among their best or even close but it is growing on me. Really beginning to like Unforgiven 3.

IML Gear Cream!
I would have dropped that bitch on her 3rd step. Who doesn't hit the ground while multiple armed people tell you to.
That's why I said it was anti-climatic, how did those guys know she didn't have a bomb strapped to herself under that gown? I would have at least fired a warning shot into the ground next to her....

Back