NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Recovery/rest - How long?

Rep Points

Question Recovery/rest - How long?

I believe traditional training schemes (3-4 sessions per week) recommend a week for recovery for a body part, thus working on a muscle once a week, and not working on that same muscle until next week. But reading www.hypertrophy-specific.com on HST method, it is said there that recovery only takes 36-48 hours, so it is recommended to work on a muscle about every 2 days. So now I'm confused. How long does it actually take for recovery of a muscle? A week or 2 days? I realize this may be different based on certain conditions, but let's assume for average, enough sleep, normal diet, and quite intense sessions.

- Josh

Rep Points

Hey! I just posted that question in a little different way... too funny. We'll have to see what the consensus is.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

It is a different type of training program...training at a high intensity with low volume you can train frequently for a short period of time...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

my workout schedule is based on the 3-day recovery time. I use to wait a week between workouts on each muscle but did not see much results. now, i work out each muscle twice a week and have noticed a bigger difference. according to this article, the most important factor for muscle recovery time is what you consume right after your workout.

http://www.poweringmuscles.com/muscl...ticle_number=5

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Supposedly recovery time can be as short as hours. I'm an HST believer, anything longer and my gains are slower, and I always felt like I'd lose half of what I worked for by the next workout. Of course going by SOTP (seat of the pants) is not always accurate.

NGA/IFPA Pro Bodybuilder
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Recovery is a very individual thing. Some are recovery "geniuses," and some are recovery "morons." Most people are somewhere inbetween. You must do what works best for you, however, in all my years as a personal trainer/strength coach, I have found the best progress is made by training each bodypart once every 5-7 days.

I train each bodypart with very high intensity and low volume once per week.

*NATURAL PRO BODYBUILDER
    *MONTHLY COLUMNIST FOR PLANET MUSCLE, NATURAL MUSCLE AND IRONMAN MAGAZINES
    *CEO OF BROSERBUILT.COM
    *PIONEER OF POWER/REP RANGE/SHOCK AND FIBER DAMAGE/FIBER SATURATION TRAINING PROTOCOLS