• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What Is Your Household's Combined Annual Gross Income?

WHAT IS YOUR HOUSEHOLD'S COMBINED ANNUAL GROSS INCOME?

• I'm a Bum.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I live on welfare.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LESS THAN $30,000

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • $30,001-$50,000

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • $50,001-$70,000

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • $70,001-$90,000

• $90,001-$110,000

• MORE THAN $110,000

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • I'm rich like 21inchpump

• I'm just filthy rich you snarly bitches!

• Total voters
IML Gear Cream!
You shouldn't give a rat's ass if your income offends people. Never apologize or feel bad because someone else is below you. Nor should you feel bad if someone is above you. You should only feel bad if you're not doing well by your own standards.

I made a bit over $70,000 last year, but this year I'm not going to make shit. I was unemployed for most of the year. I'll probably only clear $30,000.

But I also started trading options this year (while I was unemployed). My goal is to increase my account by 10% each and every month, compounded. Which'll be an annual growth of 183%. If I can even hit 50% of that goal, I'll get my Series 7 and start a hedge fund.

So far, I hit my goal for the first month (September) + 2% (12% total).

I'm also starting a web design company.

This next year will likely be between $75,000 - $100,000, not counting option trading. If I hit my trading goal, the following year will be a banner year...to put it mildly.

Even if you break even you're still beating the shit out of the market ;)

Even if you break even you're still beating the shit out of the market ;)

Ha! I've made it a point not think of "relative to the market" and only think of absolute profit or loss, but you're right. In the last month the market is down over 13% while I'm up 12%.

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta! :)

Thanks, man!

with 500+ point daily fluctuations day traders must be having a field day

No doubt!

My positions range from 3 days (straddles) to 4 weeks (iron condors).

your resolve is commendable. with things as volatile as they are right now those with the nuts to make it happen are going to end up like yourself doing very well. as for myself. im hiding my money in the safest bonds i can find. when i see things bottom out ill re-invest pretty aggressively in the stock market. at the moment Im happy to keep my money and the 6% my company matches

your resolve is commendable. with things as volatile as they are right now those with the nuts to make it happen are going to end up like yourself doing very well. as for myself. im hiding my money in the safest bonds i can find. when i see things bottom out ill re-invest pretty aggressively in the stock market. at the moment Im happy to keep my money and the 6% my company matches

Thanks, man!

Like you said, people need to do what they're comfortable with.

However, I was talking with a close friend who works for in the fiscal arm of the City of Los Angeles, and we talked about the ramifications of the economy. We came to one solid, incontrovertible fact: rich people are often made rich in poor times.

this bailout only helps prove that

this bailout only helps prove that

I wasn't talking about the reason for these particular bad times, nor was I walking about the people that were already rich. I'm talking about middle class people such as myself moving to the upper middle, or upper class. Smart people buy cheap. Plus, my trading account will offer a return much higher than most other investments will, because they're tied to interest rates, which'll be low. The crappy economy should help me to attract more investors.

No doubt!

My positions range from 3 days (straddles) to 4 weeks (iron condors).

Let me know when you open up that hedge fund - we'll see if I have some extra money I can let you play with.

we are in the 10%, and my wife is young and she is thinking about the 401k route. since i am a financial advisor i am strongly trying to change her mind. roth ira is WAY better!! they all have their down falls at some point. even 529's. also someone will make an ass load if they buy, buy, buy right now. just like the recession in the 80's the economy bounced out and over night millionaresoff the stock market!!!

IML Gear Cream!
Making a little over 60, but considering a drastic career change. The company I work for is downsizing considerably and may include me... remains to be seen. I have been offered a pretty cushy union job by a relative, but not sure whether is the direction I want to go in.
s/w development is rewarding, but it's a lot of extra work to stay on top of new technologies & there is pretty fierce competition. I don't mind it, I'm just beginning to wonder if all the work & stress is worth it when I could be working toward a pension making similar money. The first year would be brutal though.. around 9 bucks/hour. I'd have to have a second job during the apprenticeship.
I'm considering taking the union job & developing on the side. Still, it's a scary thing to change/start from scratch at 28 with a mortgage & car payment, but if I'm going to change I need to do it before I have a family. This is also pretty much a one-time offer.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm considering taking the union job & developing on the side. Still, it's a scary thing to change/start from scratch at 28 with a mortgage & car payment, but if I'm going to change I need to do it before I have a family. This is also pretty much a one-time offer.

Decisions, decisions...

We both started our Union jobs at about the same time, after years of working for private companies we can honestly say we don't miss it at all.

I don't miss the Christmas time layoffs nor the multi-tasking bullshit.

We changed careers at 40 with 4 kids. Do what's best for you, your just a number in private corps.....unless you own one.

We both started our Union jobs at about the same time, after years of working for private companies we can honestly say we don't miss it at all.

I don't miss the Christmas time layoffs nor the multi-tasking bullshit.

We changed careers at 40 with 4 kids. Do what's best for you, your just a number in private corps.....unless you own one.

I hear ya. I know I make 28 sound like it's old, it's just I had friends doing this out of high school & have already been in for 10 years. Starting from square one now is nerve-racking.

I hear ya. I know I make 28 sound like it's old, it's just I had friends doing this out of high school & have already been in for 10 years. Starting from square one now is nerve-racking.

It sure is, trust me I was in a dead end job for 20 years only because of the fear I had for change, I didn't really think moving from one company to another doing the same thing but with less seniority would be a good thing.

I finally was called for a job with the City and now I think there is a God...20 years of blood, sweat and tears and now finally a break. In 6 months I earned
what I made in 1 year......making $7.00 less an hour, go figure.

Change is good sometimes.

I make a little over 50k, my gf makes 36k. I only work about 25 hours a week, though

last year a little over 80 for both of us. this year will be higher i dont know exact yet big boost in hours over the summer and all that. as for who knows i dont care i work a freaking hell of alot so does the wife were both proud of that fact.

I'm a bum....but a grad student bum, so my income is negative

Back