• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cutting fat

xfile384

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Currently, i'm 66.7 inches tall and weigh about 141-145. I'm trying to cut the fat on my stomach and make my abs show. The top abs show when i flex, but no luck on the lower. From what i understand, i need to diet and do cardio in order to achieve my goal. 90% of abs is getting rid of the body fat.

My BMR is 1600 and I'm guessing my maintenance would be around 2000? Anyway, i understand in order to lose body fat you need to make a deficit. So, I'm eating about 1500 calories a day. Sometimes less, sometimes maybe a little more. I really try to stay around that range, but sometimes i fall to about 1300 or so. I've noticed some weight loss and my abs seem to be showing more.

Also, I'm lifting weights and doing cardio. I've joined the navy, so I'm trying to stay in good running shape as well as keep my arms up. So, on Mondays and Thursday's i do biceps and triceps. I end the workout with push ups and throughout the week I'll do a few push ups randomly. I'm up to about 80 push ups in 1 minute. I also run/jog about 3 times a week. On those days, I'll come home and do my abs as well.

My question is, how is this routine? I figure i can lose body fat and possibly gain muscle this way. Not really "bulk," but tone my muscles. My arms seem to be more lean and I've noticed I'm stronger.

So, do you guys think this diet/routine is ok, or do you suggest otherwise? I hear people talking about eating 3000-5000 calories a day, but that seems like way to much for what i want. I think i would gain weight like crazy and it would be mostly fat...(basically shredding away the abs i want to show)

My meal generally.

1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup of fat free milk. 1 cup of fat free milk, 1 cup of shreadded wheat cereal. (sometimes a banana included)

Turkey sandwich on rye. I make it at home. Only 200 calories...So, i also have a medium apple to go with it.

2-3 eggs and 1 can of tuna.

Sometimes nothing. Other days if I'm hungry I'll have a protein bar or something little.

6oz of chicken breast and a couple servings of vegetables.

Later in the night I'll have a serving of cottage cheese, maybe a little less.

How does this sound?

Back