NapsGear.net

building muscle losing fat question

Rep Points

building muscle losing fat question

Hi,

I currently weigh 220lb at approximately 20%body fat. Though i'm still trying to get to my mass goal I would like to get my bodyfat to around 10%. Currently i eat 3400 calories a day. I do cardio 3 times a week for 30min. and lift 3 days a week. I guess my real question is can i lower my calories to say 3000 and still be working towards my goals?

Thanks in advance
    Jay

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Its nigh on impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

To lose fat you need to be in a caloric deficit (using more than you take in) so that your body uses up its energy stores, and to put on muscle you need to be in a caloric surplus (taking in more than you use) in order to have energy left over to synthesize new tissue.

Obviously you cant do both at once, so you'll just have to pick one, then do the other later on im afraid.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Further complicating matters is the fact that you partition worse and worse the plumper you get - but you'll also partition very badly if you increase calories by too much when coming off a cut.

Shit's complicated, hey?
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    you partition worse and worse the plumper you get
    i feel very dumb right now.......

please explain?

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    Further complicating matters is the fact that you partition worse and worse the plumper you get - but you'll also partition very badly if you increase calories by too much when coming off a cut.

Shit's complicated, hey?
    Far too complicated.

Post Prandial Thermogenesis for the win, though

(Eat more meals, people!)
    http://www.getlifting.info

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moondogg View Post
    i feel very dumb right now.......

please explain?
    The fatter you get, the more your calories go toward storing fat and the less they go toward growing muscle.

Also, as you transition from dieting to bulking, your body's initial response is to immediately store fat, yanno, so you survive the next "famine"...
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

SeƱor Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The more I read your posts Built, the more I realize I will NEVER really look the way I want to. LOL!

VandelayIndustries

Rep Points

This whole "getting lean" trend only recently started becoming popular at the turn of the century. Remember; for almost a million years, primitive mans survival COUNTED on us storing alllll the food that we eat as fat, for survival. This was further enhanced by when we ate less food, and not as frequently.

You dont see many Polar Bears or Lions on diets, and yet mankind, in our infinite wisdom and growing intelligence, now find it EASIER to mate when you are fit, low bodyfat, and have abs and a tight ass.

Back in the day the fattest and strongest men got all the girls lol. How things change.... John Goodman and Chris Farley would have been studs, while Brad Pitt and Johnny depp were huddling in a cave, dying slowly from starvation.

Rep Points

Ive always wondered if increasing testosterone levels can help with doing both at the same time because it is the best hormone for increasing muscle and losing fat. Is it possible?