Kind of confused about bulking...

The world is mine

Rep Points

Kind of confused about bulking...

Say I need 2800 calories to maintain weight at 155. Then add calories throught the next 5 months and weigh in at 175 by the end of the bulking phase.

But let's say I want to weigh 165 with a low bf %. So lets say I intake 3500 to get to a lean 165. So what's the point of me going to 175 and intaking 4000 + calories when I'm just going to cut back down to 165? Will I obtain more muscle if I were to go to 175 and do something like refeeds and leptin to really bring my bf % down? Hope this question makes sense.
    "I analyze life through a blind man's eyes to see better." K-rino

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Because unless you're assisted, you will ALWAYS gain fat with muscle. In order to get the same 10lbs of muscle on a clean bulk with minimal fat gain, it would take far longer than to just put on some fat with it and then later cut it back off.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

Looking at your pics you have great genetics. I think danzik hit it on the head. Clean bulking is way slower.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaba View Post
    Looking at your pics you have great genetics. I think danzik hit it on the head. Clean bulking is way slower.
    It may be slower, but some of us really struggle with dropping fat

The world is mine

Rep Points

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'm gonna have to put on a good amount of weight then. Usually I go with the slow bulking so I don't put on much fat. Looks like I'm gonna be walking around 20 lbs heavier by the end of april.
    "I analyze life through a blind man's eyes to see better." K-rino

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

i have the same issues, which is why I implemented the ud2 bulk diet. I want to minimize as much fat as possible. I'm finally wrapping my head around the notion of having to put on some fat, but dont like it. So, like you, I have a contest coming in June and will gradually move into a PSMF diet, then cut with ud2 again. I'm not sure how this will pan out, but I am very interested in how it works. I should mention that this recommendation was given to me from Built. A massive source of good information.

I am also trying to be a self proclaimed source of information on the ud2 and bulking.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.