• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Power, Rep Range, Shock: Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopro

NGA/IFPA Pro Bodybuilder
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
POWER:week 1
-rack deadlift...3 x 3-6
-bent row...3 x 4-6
-weighted chin...2-3 x 4-6
-CG seated row...2-3 x 4-6

REP RANGE:week 2
-CG weighted chin...2 x 6-8
-WG T-Bar row...2 x 8-10
-dumbell row...2 x 10-12
-pullover...2 x 12-15

SHOCK:week 3
-pullover/WG pulldown superset...1-2 x 8-10 each
-stiff arm pulldown/reverse grip bent row...1-2 x 8-10 each
-CG seated pully row dropset...1 x 6-8, drop, 6-8, drop, 6-8

Get thick, get wide!

Just to clarify, a rack deadlift is not a full deadlift, correct?

Is Stiff Arm Pulldown where you face the stack bent over, and pull the rope down to your thiighs with each arm at the same time?....if that makes sense.

Originally posted by PowermanDL
Basically you've periodized the reps and sets......

I don't consider this a true form of "periodization" as the workout changes weekly. This routine is meant to make the body grow through several mechanisms, and by the attack on all fiber types.

Originally posted by ponyboy
Just to clarify, a rack deadlift is not a full deadlift, correct?

Correct. Set the pins in the powerrack at around knee height or just below.

Originally posted by KarlW
Is Stiff Arm Pulldown where you face the stack bent over, and pull the rope down to your thiighs with each arm at the same time?....if that makes sense.

Face the rack...bent over SLIGHTLY at the waist...small arch in lower back...chest out and shoulders back...use a straight bar and with stiff arms bring the bar down to thighs and squeeze upper lats.

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
Just did week 3 thismorning, great routine!! :)

:thumb:

Originally posted by gopro

I don't consider this a true form of "periodization" as the workout changes weekly. This routine is meant to make the body grow through several mechanisms, and by the attack on all fiber types.

Sure it's periodization. Any pre-planned program that uses various training means and cycled variables to achieve a specific goal can be consider periodized, regardless of the duration or goals.

IML Gear Cream!
what type warmup would you suggest before these workouts--
lite cardio,a lite set or 2 ??

Originally posted by Snake_Eyes

Sure it's periodization. Any pre-planned program that uses various training means and cycled variables to achieve a specific goal can be consider periodized, regardless of the duration or goals.

You may consider it periodization, but that is not how I use periodization. I don't always work within "classical" definitions. I simply call it cyclical variation.

Originally posted by rks1969
what type warmup would you suggest before these workouts--
lite cardio,a lite set or 2 ??

A little cardio to get the blood flowing and always a warmup set or two to "tell your body" what movement it will be performing. After the first exercise, you may only need 1 warmup set per movement with a medium weight for 6-8 reps. Never burn yourself out with warmups.

on week 3, what's the difference between stiff arm pulldown and pullover?

Originally posted by rebel
on week 3, what's the difference between stiff arm pulldown and pullover?

A Stiff arm pulldown is done facing a cable machine using a straight bar with arms locked straight. It emphasizes the upper lats especially during the contraction.

A pullover is done with a dumbell held overhead with your back across a bench. It emphasizes the upper lat as well, but more so in the stretch position.

You may consider it periodization, but that is not how I use periodization. I don't always work within "classical" definitions. I simply call it cyclical variation.

*** Regardless of how you use the concept periodization, what you've posted falls under the textbook definition. You can call it whatever you want and pass it off as something new. The problem is, the underlying concept behind it jives with what periodization and it's multiple classifications are defined by.
Note the word "multiple" as Siff explains in "Supertraining," a variety of concepts that periodization revolves around.

That's not to say the program is no good, all we're saying is the underlying concept is nothing new. I've written up many programs for my cleints that come dangerously close to what you've posted.
Have we stumbled across a revolutionary concept?
I'm not holding my breath just yet.;)

Last edited:

*** Regardless of how you use the concept periodization, what you've posted falls under the textbook definition. You can call it whatever you want and pass it off as something new. The problem is, the underlying concept behind it jives with what periodization and it's multiple classifications are defined by.
Note the word "multiple" as Siff explains in "Supertraining," a variety of concepts that periodization revolves around.

That's not to say the program is no good, all we're saying is the underlying concept is nothing new. I've written up many programs for my cleints that come dangerously close to what you've posted.

Thanks for the meaningless input...and "we're" not saying anything, only YOU are. My routine is based on MY experience and knowledge, not that of anyone else. I would have come up with this routine regardless of whether the term "periodization" was ever developed or not.

Difference between you and me is...I WRITE the book, I don't READ it! Bye, bye!

Thanks for the meaningless input...and "we're" not saying anything, only YOU are. My routine is based on MY experience and knowledge, not that of anyone else. I would have come up with this routine regardless of whether the term "periodization" was ever developed or not.

An unusual over-arrogant response from you there, Eric.

sigh....

and so the dogma perpetuates the drama.....

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

An unusual over-arrogant response from you there, Eric.

Not meant at all to be arrogant. Just telling the truth. I did not appreciate Maki's bullshit post and it forced me to lay down the truth as it is. When I say I don't read the book, I write the book I simply mean I try to be an innovator not an impersonator. Don't like it...tuff!

IML Gear Cream!

**** Sigh, Eric, once again your getting a tad over defensive and arrogant in your reply.
All I said was that the underlying principles that we were commenting on in your program fall under what some of 'periodization' talks about. I never insulted your program. Obviously by the comments you've gotten it works, and that's great.

Also, your last comment makes no sense since I'm sure you've aquired your certs and other information from other people? So in a sense you do "READ" the book. Correct me if I'm off track here?
Another thing, I and many other people can make a program up as well. Actually I'm working on a book that will be based upon many of the routines that I've designed and am designing. Now talk about writing a book and not reading it eh.;)

Not meant at all to be arrogant. Just telling the truth. I did not appreciate Maki's bullshit post and it forced me to lay down the truth as it is. When I say I don't read the book, I write the book I simply mean I try to be an innovator not an impersonator. Don't like it...tuff!

*** I dunno if it was bullshiat. I was just commenting on a earlier comment you made about YOUR program.
I think I've been quite civil with you Go Pro, I've never once in this thread insulted you. But for some reason you seem to take things a tad to personal. Why is that?
:confused:

*** I dunno if it was bullshiat. I was just commenting on a earlier comment you made about YOUR program.
I think I've been quite civil with you Go Pro, I've never once in this thread insulted you. But for some reason you seem to take things a tad to personal. Why is that?
:confused:

Because 9 out of 10 times you act like an asshole and you have admitted to that in the past. Perhaps because of this I have trouble looking at any of your posts as constructive.

I'm glad you are writing a book...good for you...that is excellent. I'm in the process of writing one myself...long process, however, that has been interrupted by several other business ventures as well as the fact that Musclemag International has been requesting more articles from me.

Anyway, in time, perhaps you will earn my respect back and I will be able to be "civil" with you too...

as well as the fact that Musclemag International has been requesting more articles from me.

Keep at it and maybe t-mag will be asking you for articles....

...as well as the fact that Musclemag International has been requesting more articles from me.

yeah, they keep calling me asking me for a photo shoot, but I keep telling them I am too busy. ;)

Originally posted by Prince

yeah, they keep calling me asking me for a photo shoot, but I keep telling them I am too busy. ;)

Hey, that wasn't nice Princey. They just emailed me yesterday about my articles and they HAVE requested more from me. I wasn't bullshitting.

Last edited:
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Keep at it and maybe t-mag will be asking you for articles....

That is really funny because you have about 1/8 the knowledge of any of the T-mag writers. Perhaps you should start writing articles for a magazine on YOUR knowledge level, like, say, " Beer Gut Journal," or " Ballarena Digest."

What a fukin huge load of bla bla........ :rolleyes:
Gopro, Your programme ROCKS!!

That is really funny because you have about 1/8 the knowledge of any of the T-mag writers.

I think he could hold his own from what I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back