• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Experts on 8-Packs

BoxingProdigy

'Til I Collapse
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been trying for a long time, I'm 17, and I'm 6'0", 160lbs on a bad day, I would guess my body fat at 12%, I'm not genetically athletic by any means and I have to be in the gym or wherever working twice as hard, I've been trying to get an 8-Pack forever, I have a six-pack which lags a little on the right side for some reason and I've never trained them unevenly, I have a bet with my girlfriend to have one by the 27th of november and i've had small progress, any experts out there???:wits:

You don't train your way to a 6 or 8 pack, you eat your way. Read up on the stickies and formulate a diet plan for us to review. I'm sure our resident diet god will be here soon to put her two cents in :)

Next time come to the forum before making any stupid bets!

The abs are like any other muscle. Train it hard a few times a month, with a caloric surplus to build the muscle and then cut calories to lose fat and show the muscle. There is no rocket science, or magic potion.

You could do a modified fast and shed pounds in two weeks. Would that be stupid to do to win an egotistical bet? Yes.

Like the others have said, abs are made in the kitchen. Eat less and lift heavy.

I have a six-pack which lags a little on the right side for some reason and I've never trained them unevenly

What the others in this thread is totally correct, but to address this bit - dont worry about the unevenness of your abs, nobody is symmetrical. Thats just what abs look like.

sorry man, you might just be out of luck genetically.
Several famous bodybuilders have amazing 8-packs and the bottom segment was just around or below their belly buttons. Others, equally great, have a 6-pack and the third segment is around or below their belly button. You might just be stuck with a sixer, unless you get surgery or something!

haha, you guys make me laugh, in a good way tho, I'll do some research and set a diet in a couple of hours, I've been trying to follow the rule of taking in a gram of carbs per pound of body fat, but honestly i've slacked every few days, and i've never taking any kind of supplement in my life cause i don't want to have to rely on taking something but i'm ordering some animal pak here in a few minutes so i know that will atleast aid in the process as long as i'm doing everything else right

haha, you guys make me laugh, in a good way tho, I'll do some research and set a diet in a couple of hours, I've been trying to follow the rule of taking in a gram of carbs per pound of body fat, but honestly i've slacked every few days, and i've never taking any kind of supplement in my life cause i don't want to have to rely on taking something but i'm ordering some animal pak here in a few minutes so i know that will atleast aid in the process as long as i'm doing everything else right

Bad rule ;)

The only real rule you should follow is a minimum of 1g protein/lb and 0.5g fat/lb. Past that, it's free game. There is no such thing as essential carbs.

apparently a wrong one, or atleast not for building abdominal muscle, only thing i'm worried about with taking in a lot of protein is i have a lot of fat on my legs from junkfood i'm guessing though i really don't eat junk food and i burn fat more often then a lot of people i know who have chicken legs and eat like crud, but i guess i'll up my running and jump roping and try taking in 155-160 g of protein and half that for fat, but so i'm clear i want saturated and monounsaturated fat right??

IML Gear Cream!
apparently a wrong one, or atleast not for building abdominal muscle, only thing i'm worried about with taking in a lot of protein is i have a lot of fat on my legs from junkfood i'm guessing though i really don't eat junk food and i burn fat more often then a lot of people i know who have chicken legs and eat like crud, but i guess i'll up my running and jump roping and try taking in 155-160 g of protein and half that for fat, but so i'm clear i want saturated and monounsaturated fat right??
What?

lol....

Its bad when even Built doesn't want to follow up....

Ok, to sum up, i third the notion that that rule you mentioned is crap and I'll also add that I've never heard of it.

If you've got fat on your legs then its because you were consuming more calories than you were burning...period.(barring some kind of metabolic malfunction) and genetically you may be more prone to carry a little more fat in your legs. My legs are my water tanks as well.

Alright well i'll follow all your advice and thanks for your time! i appreciate it:lifter:

Back