• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Alien-like Squid Seen at Deep Drilling Site

Splash Log

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
1_magnapinna_461.jpg

November 24, 2008--A mile and a half (two and a half kilometers) underwater, this alien-like, long-armed, and--strangest of all--"elbowed" Magnapinna squid is seen in a still from a video clip recently obtained by National Geographic News. (See video and read full story.)

Filmed by a Shell oil company ROV (remotely operated vehicle) on November 11, 2007, the squid was at the Perdido oil- and gas-development site in the Gulf of Mexico.

The video is evidence of how, as oil- and gas-industry ROVs dive deeper and stay down longer, they are yielding valuable footage of deep-sea animals.

Some biologists have even formed partnerships with oil companies, allowing scientists to share camera time on corporate ROVs--though critics worry about possible conflicts of interest.

Full story and video: Alien-like Squid With "Elbows" Filmed at Drilling Site

Reminds me of the aliens from Independence Day for some reason. Pretty cool shit.

There's an even better pic of one off the coast of Hawaii...

4_magnapinna_461.jpg

magnapinna just like the other except from the side and in color....

3_magnapinna_461.jpg

Ahh yea you are right, I misread that article. I thought it was an unknown species. Oops.

Back