• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Airlines

KentDog

Yuppie
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Yesterday afternoon's flight cancelled.

Rescheduled for first flight in the morning at 7am.

Cancelled.

Been on hold for 1 hr 3 min so far.

Will I ever get to see my family?

Sorry to hear that shit is going down, man.

What are the causes for the cancellations?

probably snow and ice

we have gotten plenty of both here in Iowa for the last week or two, and more is on its way

Ha, i flew out from Rochester, NY yesterday morning to go home in Boston but landed in Portland, ME. We were grounded for about an hour and couldn't get off the plane and when we finally took off, we had to turn around and go back to Maine because the power went out in Boston due to bad weather. Stuck around and ate for about 2 hours and finally took off and got home. I was fortunate because we just got another foot of snow today to add on top of the foot of snow we already had.

The airlines cited "bad weather" as the reason. If not here, then bad weather somewhere we will be flying across.

They even cancelled the 11am flight, so I'm stuck with the same schedule as yesterday, leaving (hopefully) at 4pm. Had to rent a car to get back home (20 min away). Even so, nothing will beat my horrible experience last winter, where I had to spend nearly 24 hours at the airport.

I remember the weather being far worse, yet we were still we were still clear to fly as scheduled. We got out on the runway, and sat stalled for two hours while we waited for the maintanence crew to deice the plane. It was one of two of the last flights out that night and was Christmas Eve. No one came.

It turns out the airport just announced layoffs and that these guys would not have jobs after Christmas so they let us stall to prove a point. When the plane was finally ready to take off, the control tower forbid the plane to takeoff because pilots are only allowed a maximum number of consecutive hours in the cockpit before they are required to take time off and our pilot had just reached that limit while sitting on the runway for several hours. The sad thing is that it would have only been a one hour flight to Chicago (a normally four hour drive).

When we got off the plane, there was no airport staff to talk to. Finally, someone came and we were given the option to take a free charter bus to Chicago at midnight. The bus arrived near 2am. Just a terrible, terrible experience. It's no wonder airline companies are dying.

i'm gonna be a hijacker when I grow up

Back