• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Please Help, 27 year old going on second back surgery desperately wants to get to gym

jayrod

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alright, this is a tough thing to ask, and do for me, but I need help. MDs Physical Therapists and Certified Trainers, as well as anyone who has gone through this please help. Im a 27 year old guy, average Joe who was very active until I had a massive head on car accident with a drunk driver going the wrong way on the interstate. I had a laminectomy and micro-diskectomy at L5-S1 in April of this year, and have since, somehow managed to re-rupture the same level, as well as according to my doctor "rather severely bulge" the four levels above it. I have been dealing with this for almost four years and have put on nearly 30 pounds. I am desperately wanting to get SOME type of physical fitness program going on in my life, WITHOUT worsening my condition. I have talked to both my regular back doctor and my neurosurgeon who are hesitant to let me do much more than bike or use an eliptical, however i really would like to get some of the muscle tone back that i used to have, ontop of loosing some of the weight i put on, they said isometrics could help with that....but after a few months of those, and no results, i have my doubts. If anyone has any input on this I would appreciate it so much. Its really starting to get upsetting to me that the active part of my life is slipping away, I always used to be so active and in shape, and now......i have a hard time walking some days. Please, anybody that can, help me save my body!!!! Thanks so much.

sounds like you need to get into a good physical therapist to help get you moving better.

Where is Mass. are you?

From the western part of massachusetts about 30 minutes North of Springfield. Thanks.

oh man. i don't know anyone that far out of the city.

jayrod, I am in NO position to advise you on training - pfunk is the most qualified to help here and without seeing you, even that's going to be tough.

What I can help you find is a way to get your weight under control. Please start tracking your diet - it's the one thing you CAN do that will get your weight back down.

I use fitday. FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal join, make an account and start tracking.

Have you tried to see anyone at a sports medicine facility?

yea - start with fitday and getting your diet in check and head over to the place i referred you too out in boston and you should be ready to rock in no time!

patrick

Thanks

Hey, Both of you, thank you very much your assistance and knowledge is greatly appreciated. I will let you know how things go, as far as a sports medicine facility, theres not much in the way of that kind of medicine here, aside from at the major colleges around here (UMass Amherst, Amherst College etc) but you really aren't granted access to them unless your faculty staff or student of said schools. I do have 2 MDs with very strong spine backgrounds (fellowship trained with over 20 years in practices) a highly qualified Neurosurgeon, 2 Physical Therapists, both highly trained in sports rehab.....THEY are where I think im finding my biggest deficiency, as they are basically telling me im destined to a life of merely being comfortable, not pain free, and merely being able to walk, bike etc, however they do not seem keen on the idea of me liftin much more than a clothes hamper or trashbag again. Anyhow, just a little more on the people I have working with me if it helps. Thanks again.

I'd be doing what I could to swing a consult with one of 'em, offer to pay for a consult with someone at the university or out of town.

Meanwhile, diet. You tracking?

Hey, Both of you, thank you very much your assistance and knowledge is greatly appreciated. I will let you know how things go, as far as a sports medicine facility, theres not much in the way of that kind of medicine here, aside from at the major colleges around here (UMass Amherst, Amherst College etc) but you really aren't granted access to them unless your faculty staff or student of said schools. I do have 2 MDs with very strong spine backgrounds (fellowship trained with over 20 years in practices) a highly qualified Neurosurgeon, 2 Physical Therapists, both highly trained in sports rehab.....THEY are where I think im finding my biggest deficiency, as they are basically telling me im destined to a life of merely being comfortable, not pain free, and merely being able to walk, bike etc, however they do not seem keen on the idea of me liftin much more than a clothes hamper or trashbag again. Anyhow, just a little more on the people I have working with me if it helps. Thanks again.

Yea, I don't know anyone out that far from boston. I'd try and get into the city to the place I pm'd you about. They are pretty much the best place to go (especially for your issues) and will get you moving.

Back