• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Are you sick of spammers?

I wish they would all get VD.

I really don't see the point.

oh my fucking god, i was going to make a thread about it today but I didn't.....somehow i have been getting up to 10 spam e-mail a day i dont now how to stop it.

I think things should be arranged so that spam emails and messages cannot be blocked. But all spam would have to include a tag that states the name and address of the individual responsible for its manifesting.......When the first one is dismembered things would slow down.

do any of you use gmail?

I mean I do still get spam on there, but not much

I use my gmail account for posting my email address to every little site I have to register for, unless I feel it's reputable enough that I can give them my regular email address through my ISP then I have 2 levels for that. Anytime I get spam it's usually through when I have my work email forwarded through my personal address but that is very rare. It takes little time to determine whether you trust a site enough to give them your junk(this person/site isn't very impirtant and may end up sending me tons of mystery meat) email or your personal(I think I want to read every message immediately from this person/site)email

Absitively! that shiite and the people who send it! Man, the evils I would do to them wouldn't come close to being what they deserve!

there's some easy vBull addons you can use to stop spammers here. auto-moderation works well, you can add whatever keywords you want and its often enough to keep them all out. i also use "check4spam", they work well together.

IML Gear Cream!
there's some easy vBull addons you can use to stop spammers here. auto-moderation works well, you can add whatever keywords you want and its often enough to keep them all out. i also use "check4spam", they work well together.

I have the NoSpam! registration mod installed, and I use CAPTCHA, but I am going to try installing the Check4SPAM mod now.

What would be nice is for auto-moderation to have a function that autobanned members that post urls in their first 10 post. Add to that a 24 hour registration delay before people are allowed to post after they register. Then, add a requirement for CAPTCHA for the first 10 post by new users.

Those 3 things would annoy spammers enough that they wouldn;t waste their time to spam IM. It would annoy new users, but it would cut spam by 95% at least.

What would be nice is for auto-moderation to have a function that autobanned members that post urls in their first 10 post. Add to that a 24 hour registration delay before people are allowed to post after they register. Then, add a requirement for CAPTCHA for the first 10 post by new users.

Those 3 things would annoy spammers enough that they wouldn;t waste their time to spam IM. It would annoy new users, but it would cut spam by 95% at least.

I hear ya, but its a double edged sword, you want to make it difficult for spammers, but at the same time you don't want to make it too difficult for new users to join and post... :shrug:

We were getting hit by spam bots so I changed the NoSpam! registration questions, you now have to type in the word that is asks you to and there are 10 different random words. I also added the mod suggested above (Check4SPAM) which I believe will cut down 99% of the spammers that are not bots...we'll see!

I still think that you should ban all IPs from Nigeria. That's where I saw most of the spam come from when I was a mod.

I use the Yahoo! paid email account and I only get about 1 piece of spam to my inbox every other day. And I've had that account since 1996.

i rarely ban IPs nowadays with all the spam filters out there. spammers just dont get through.
NoSpam! is great for the bots but i still see "real" person spammers which is where check4spam helps.

Prince, real users upon receiving the check4spam warning, just repost without the filtered words/links. spammers just leave.

I have email through my site. Spam is rare.

I don't get too much myself, but it disgusts me and it fvcking ruined the internet. I loved things when they were simpler, it just isn't the same anymore.

Looks like this Animals in Kenya guy is able to get through your defenses.....

Back