'steroids Made Sex Life Hell'

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

'steroids Made Sex Life Hell'

'STEROIDS MADE SEX LIFE HELL'- New York Post

January 5, 2009 --
    DAN Clark loved the power steroids gave him - until the "American Gladiators" star discovered the muscle-enhancing drugs made him grow man-boobs, shrank his privates and turned sex into a painful experience.

"Bitch t- -s, man boobs, breast-chesticles is what they're called on the street. Gynecomastia is the scientific name. No matter what you call it, I [had] it," Clark, who was "Nitro" on the smash reality series, reveals in his memoir, "Gladiator: A True Story of 'Roids, Rage and Redemption," out next month. "I hate[d] taking off my shirt. For photo shoots, [I'd] wet my nipple with spit . . . [to] look firm instead of hanging down."

As he shot seven seasons of "American Gladiators" from 1989 to 1996, he pleaded with the wardrobe stylist to make him a new uniform, but didn't tell her it was "to hide my budding breasts." He eventually underwent reduction surgery.

Clark, a former LA Rams defensive lineman, used steroids for 20 years. They also took their toll on his private parts, so much so that he embarrassingly had to explain to women what was going on. "My b- - -s never really regained their size. They're kind of shriveled," he sadly told one bedmate. In addition, steroids subjected him to a "dull throbbing pain" every time he had sex.

Clark, 44, says when he first started injecting steroids, he gained a whopping 32 pounds of muscle in 10 weeks and topped the scales at 262.

After finally going for therapy, Clark kicked his habit. He writes: "The treacherous steroid path. I always thought I could handle it. But the drug handled me. Easily and completely . . . I was never big enough or strong enough for myself." Clark, who was in the Meryl Streep movie "Death Becomes Her" and the Christian Bale flick "Equilibrium," is a consultant on the new version of "American Gladiators."

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I never knew he played for the Rams.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

He misused them.

The article might as well have went like "I played with guns irresponsibly for 20 years and I shot myself in the face".

Well that's his fault, not the gun's fault. Same goes with steroids.

Right now I have been out of the gym for over 4 months. On my last cycle of steroids I grew stronger faster than my body could keep up and I developed problems with my knees and elbows. That's 100% my fault, not the evils of steroids.

I really hate it when douchebags fuel the media fire. The last thing we need is more fear mongering for ratings and a population increasing becoming more ignorant the more news they watch.
    Fucking Determined!

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    He misused them.

The article might as well have went like "I played with guns irresponsibly for 20 years and I shot myself in the face".
    yup.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

He misused them.

Well that's his fault, not the gun's fault. Same goes with steroids.

Right now I have been out of the gym for over 4 months. On my last cycle of steroids I grew stronger faster than my body could keep up and I developed problems with my knees and elbows. That's 100% my fault, not the evils of steroids.

I really hate it when douchebags fuel the media fire. The last thing we need is more fear mongering for ratings and a population increasing becoming more ignorant the more news they watch.
    Well put!

My 1st reaction was not the use,but the misuse! He obviously made great gains with the juice, but like any other drug, you begin to like them too much, and begin to abuse, thus you welcome the sides! His own fault!

Rep Points

Nitro was my favorite. I hate to see him come out and blame his problems on steroids.
    Chuck Norris once lost his keys and couldn't remember where he put them. So he tortured himself for half an hour until he gave up their location.

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Your ability to articulate a thought is incredible.