• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

post work out nutrition --- how long is too long to wait?

Skib

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm not big on shakes post work out... I'd rather just have a solid meal... problem is by the time I get home from the gym and make something an hour or so has gone by... is this too long to wait?

30 mins or so would be the max i would wait.

Eat pootang within one hour or workout for horomonal benefits found only in a clean womans vagina.

I agree a solid meal is better then a shake any day. Try taking a meal with you to the gym and leave it in a cooler while you train and eat it after.

Depends on when and what you ate before you worked out. If you are in a fasted state I would drink protein and carbs after your workout. If you ate a pretty medium or slow absorbing meal an hour and a half before you work out. You are fine.

Also depends on how hard you train that day. If you crushed it and depleted glycogen levels with cardio or endurance training, drink something for better recovery.

Other than that. The post workout window is a myth propagated by the supplement industry.

You don't grow 30 minutes after your workout. You grow at night while you are sleeping.

Maybe make a little food ahead of time! Then you just have to heat it up when you get home :) hard boiled eggs keep well and are fast..

Eat a fucking sandwich at the gym for christ sake. I mean this isn't rocket science. What the fuck do you think they did in the 60's and 70's?

Something light with carbs and protein. Bread and lean meat. It's a no brainer.

Depends on when and what you ate before you worked out. If you are in a fasted state I would drink protein and carbs after your workout. If you ate a pretty medium or slow absorbing meal an hour and a half before you work out. You are fine.

Also depends on how hard you train that day. If you crushed it and depleted glycogen levels with cardio or endurance training, drink something for better recovery.

Other than that. The post workout window is a myth propagated by the supplement industry.

You don't grow 30 minutes after your workout. You grow at night while you are sleeping.

What if you can't sleep because the Tren is F'g with your head?

You'll have to settle for that shallow weird sweaty anxious sleep called trensomnia.

I would say you grow over the next 3 days as you eat and your body repairs anyway. Sleeping is optimal but hey. Tren is Tren.

Is Skib even geared?

Doesn't matter as long as you eat within 36 hours.

IML Gear Cream!
Eat a fucking sandwich at the gym for christ sake. I mean this isn't rocket science. What the fuck do you think they did in the 60's and 70's?

Something light with carbs and protein. Bread and lean meat. It's a no brainer.

^^^ This!^^^ If you can't eat within an hour of your workout, bring it with or... protein shake as soon as you finish lifting, get home eat.

I ditched the post-workout shake quite awhile ago and just make sure to get a meal with lean meat (usually some sort of steak) and some white rice in within an hour.

I think people overcomplicate this a lot. Like others have said... just eat as soon as you can after your workout. I honestly don't think that eating in 30 minutes versus 60 minutes is going to be the make or break of your gains.

The one hour so called anabolic window is a myth. Supplement companies use it to make you think you need their products. You could wait 2, 12 or more hours (up to 36) and your gains wouldn't change.

You missed the point.
I was talking about the real "anabolic window."

IML Gear Cream!
i have not had a protien shake in years.i stopped and look a lot better i am the only person that dont walk around with one of those damn shaker cups.

You missed the point.
I was talking about the real "anabolic window."

LOL me and you never agree on nutrition stuff. Ray is correct IMHO depends on what you ate before a work out and on a daily basis..... but the 36 hours goes along with nothing I have read.

i have not had a protien shake in years.i stopped and look a lot better i am the only person that dont walk around with one of those damn shaker cups.

I use my daughters 16oz Tupperware cup with Disney fairy's on it and a purple flip top lid..... Love that cup.:daydream:

Back