• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Push-Up Rests

NavyBlood

Never Quit
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When performing 1,000 push-ups in sets of 50, what is the best average rest time in between for an amature?

When performing 1,000 push-ups in sets of 100, what is the best average rest time in between for an amature?

Last edited:
As much rest as you require to complete all your work.

As much rest as you require to complete all your work.

Not an easy feat but worth trying.
You do have the time for it?

:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBlood
Doing push-ups and body-weight exercises are good for you as far as strength wise. If your serious about the Navy then you need to focus on strenght training instead of how you will look without your shirt on at the Great Lakes.
Push-Ups Versus Weight-Lifting? | Transformetrics
Push-Ups Versus Weight-Lifting?

I recently received an e-mail from a man in his early 30s asking if Push-Ups and body-weight exercises are as effective as weight-lifting in building strength? My answer is that it depends on exactly how one defines strength.

If by strength you mean the ability to bench press the heaviest weight possible just one time, or to do the same with a dead lift or squat, the answer is no.
But if by strength you mean the ability to do relatively heavy work for an extended period of time, which is really a combination of strength backed by endurance, then you’ll definitely want to rely on Push-Ups and body-weight workouts.

Let’s take a look at just one example, former NFL great Herschel Walker. As an NFL running back Walker weighed 225 pounds and performed over 1,000 Push-Ups every day. When he did a single rep max on a bench press strength test he lifted 360 Lbs. But when he was benching 225 Lbs. (on the same-day strength test) for the max number he could perform 24 reps.

Bottom line: There are lots of men weighing 225 Lbs. who can bench press way beyond 400 Lbs. one time. But there are very few who can perform 1,000 Push-Ups in sets of 100 like Herschel Walker did on a daily basis.

So the answer is that for sheer one-rep power, you cannot get as strong performing only body weight exercises. But you can certainly become incredibly strong—with endurance and a beautifully sculpted physique to back up your strength—by relying on Push-Ups and body-weight workouts.—J.P.

Of course i'm going to have to start small since I haven't done push-ups until recently. I could be up to a 1,000 a day in no time though. :ohyeah:

Back