• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Class Seeks Injunction To Prevent Future False Advertising By BSN

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
January 14th, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contacts:
Scott Ferrell, Esq. 949.717.3000 sferrell@calljensen.com
James Hardin, Esq. 949.717.3000 jhardin@calljensen.com

CLASS SEEKS INJUNCTION TO PREVENT FUTURE FALSE ADVERTISING BY BSN

Court: “Evidence of widespread advertising scheme”

Orange County, California – Lawyers appointed by a Federal Judge to represent tens of thousands of consumers allegedly defrauded by supplement maker Bio-Engineered Supplements and Nutrition (“BSN”) announced today that will ask the Judge to order BSN to stop its false advertising and require BSN to immediately recall all BSN products promoted through false advertising. Class counsel also announced that they will ask the Court to schedule a hearing on their injunction request at the Court’s earliest convenience.

Specifically, the consumer class will ask the Court to: (1) enjoin BSN and its agents from any further advertising of “CEM3” or any corollary representations; (2) compel BSN to immediately recall all falsely advertised products; (3) compel BSN to inform all product vendors of the existence of and requirements set forth in the injunction; and (4) compel BSN to either produce competent evidence to support its claims regarding CEM3 or engage in appropriate corrective advertising.

In late 2008, a California Federal Judge certified a nationwide and statewide class action against BSN. That lawsuit alleges that BSN sold tens of thousands of bottles of its products Cellmass, Nitrix, and N.O.-Explode based upon false labels and false advertising. Specifically, the suit alleges that BSN falsely claims that its products contain a new form of creatine called “Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate”, or “CEM3.” The suit claims that not only did BSN’s products not contain CEM3, but that CEM3 does not exist and is impossible to manufacture.

In certifying the class, U.S. District Judge James V. Selna concluded that the plaintiffs had “provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate that they may be able to prove the false representations at trial.” The Court further concluded that the evidence presented by the Plaintiffs show “evidence of a wide-spread advertising campaign which claims that CEM3 is a superior form of creatine” and that the same evidence “tends to indicate that the representations were made.” Finally, the Court ruled that “Rivera has provided sufficient evidence that the products did not contain CEM3” and that BSN improperly engaged in an “underlying scheme of promoting CEM3 as a superior form of creatine” to allow the case to proceed to trial as a class action.

Class counsel Scott J. Ferrell of the law firm Call, Jensen & Ferrell offered the following statement: “BSN’s ongoing fraud must stop now. BSN has had over a year to provide any evidence to support its claims about CEM3, but its silence is deafening: BSN has not produced a single persuasive document. Now, if BSN does have any evidence, we expect that they’ll turn it over to the Court and to the class.”

Very funny.

And long overdue.

fuck people and companies that lie blatantly like that.. i will never buy bsn product again

There are several companies that are know for this.

Yeah I could name another but won't single MuscleTech out like that.:)
The sad thing is there are good products out but people spend alot of money on shit and falsly advertised products like this and then get discouraged and think all supps are bunk. All hail protein, creatine and from my experience the good ph's.

Yeah I could name another but won't single MuscleTech out like that.:)
The sad thing is there are good products out but people spend alot of money on shit and falsly advertised products like this and then get discouraged and think all supps are bunk. All hail protein, creatine and from my experience the good ph's.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/b...future-false-advertising-bsn.html#post1856734

Yeah, I should have figured as much. The entire fitness and nutrition industry needs a serious overhaul. For fuck's sake, there is no wonder people give up on trying to be healthy with so many lies and misinformation out there.

If I bought a car under the premise that it will go 200% faster than my previous car, but when I drive it, I find out it is the same fucking speed as my old car, I could sue the ever loving shit out of that company. But supplement and fitness companies can do that shit on a daily basis.

This is a good topic, but there are two threads about the same thing running parallel from each other. Can somebody transfer the post from the other thread to this one, and close the other one?

Back