Blood Type Diet?

Rep Points

Blood Type Diet?

Anybody have any experience with this or thoughts? I was talking about with someone and was thinking of looking into it further.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by paulsed1 View Post
    Anybody have any experience with this or thoughts? I was talking about with someone and was thinking of looking into it further.
    Debunked for the scam it is a long time ago.
    - Will @ BrinkZone

The No#1 Science Based Performance, Fitness, and Bodybuilding Resource on the 'net....

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

geez, I can find you a million "x type" diets.

I got one for if -you -have- hair -on- your -shoulders -and- not -on- your- back- diets.

How about 4 to 5 veggies a day, lean protein and decent carbs!
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

Rep Points

Um, before jumping to harsh concusions, let me assure you I already do eat that way (your last line). I have been doing this for over 20 years, so chill out a bit. It was a harmless question. The reason the subject came up is I have issues with high blood pressure and I heard a couple different people mention this diet as a possible way of helping it. I am getting my blood pressure down in other ways too, I just had never looked into this diet and was looking for other opinions, that's all. Sounds like it's a crock.

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

Um, before jumping to harsh concusions, let me assure you I already do eat that way (your last line). I have been doing this for over 20 years, so chill out a bit. It was a harmless question. The reason the subject came up is I have issues with high blood pressure and I heard a couple different people mention this diet as a possible way of helping it. I am getting my blood pressure down in other ways too, I just had never looked into this diet and was looking for other opinions, that's all. Sounds like it's a crock.
    Well none of my angst was aimed at you but at the associated articles and etc., that usually have ulterior motives.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!

Starting a fresh

Rep Points

IMO 'blood type' 'cookies' 'slim fast' are all gimicks used to get cash from people who want a quick fix. A varied, healthy and balanced diet is the key
    "Lift big, eat big, rest big"
    "Rome wasnt built in a day"
    "Go heavy or go home."

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaba View Post
    Well none of my angst was aimed at you but at the associated articles and etc., that usually have ulterior motives.
    I hear you. As LegPress said, balanced diet is the key. Why do you think diet books continue to be top sellers, people don't have the discipline or get bored with the same old way of eating. The thing that I heard about the blood type diet is that supposedly one can be allergic to certain kind of foods which could effect blood pressure, cardiac, etc. Again ,this is what I HEARD, NOT BELIEVE. For what it's worth, I eat lean protein (for the most part), low-glycemic carbs, veggies and fruit and lots of water and am happy doing that. Supps are protein powders, MRPs, EFAs, extra C, and for helping with BP arginine, coenzyme q-10, hawthorne berry and grape seed extract. I'll ocasionally use some other supps, but I think the stuff like NO-Expolode is what got me in this state in the first place, at least partly. Maybe not, but I am a tad more cautious now before just taking anything and everything.

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

I hear you. As LegPress said, balanced diet is the key. Why do you think diet books continue to be top sellers, people don't have the discipline or get bored with the same old way of eating. The thing that I heard about the blood type diet is that supposedly one can be allergic to certain kind of foods which could effect blood pressure, cardiac, etc. Again ,this is what I HEARD, NOT BELIEVE. For what it's worth, I eat lean protein (for the most part), low-glycemic carbs, veggies and fruit and lots of water and am happy doing that. Supps are protein powders, MRPs, EFAs, extra C, and for helping with BP arginine, coenzyme q-10, hawthorne berry and grape seed extract. I'll ocasionally use some other supps, but I think the stuff like NO-Expolode is what got me in this state in the first place, at least partly. Maybe not, but I am a tad more cautious now before just taking anything and everything.
    What "state" are you in....you mean high blood pressure?

I have no doubt that some people are allergic to certain foods and things of that nature. I don't know of any evidence suggesting its a blood type thing. I think many people of the same blood type will have adverse effects to different things. However I think if it were that cut and dry, down to blood types, it would be at the forefront of research.

I agree about the books. The thing is that people fail to realize the importance of caloric intake in relation to their goals. Its harder to get bored when you can still lose weight while having the occasional burger, cookie, cake, etc.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!

The Evil Director is IN
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I prefer blood type A+ myself as it tastes nice and sweet, though I am not going to be particular.

2009 First Place Florida State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champions - Elite Fighting Academy

Nerd

Rep Points

It's certainly true that people react differently to the same diet and as such could, perhaps, be classified as "types".

I see no logical reason why bloody type would be the deciding factor and suspect lifestyle is more influential.

For example some people thrive on carbs, others do best on low-carb but you'll often find those that handle carbs well just happen to be those who are more physically active.

According to Dr Mercola's "type" diet, I'm not supposed to eat chicken, which is rather amusing considering it's my staple diet...

B.

Rep Points

what is the body's general reaction when being allergic to say wheat, and consuming it? or dairy for that matter?

does it result in itching, digestion issues, stomach cramping, bloating, headaches?

Nerd

Rep Points

Yep, all of those and more.

Basically an allergy will tend to result in inflammation or some similar immune system response, as an allergy is simply the body over-reacting to something otherwise harmless.

As such asthma, rashes and other such stuff can occur. Perhaps the biggest issue is that often the reactions are very minor and also can be delayed, making allergies tricky to spot.

That's the reason one of the first things your doctor will do is to get you to keep a food and symptom diary so they can look for patterns and triggers that may not otherwise be obvious.

B.