IronMagLabs Osta Rx

          Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter


After less than a week in office, Barack Obama's approval rating plunges 15 points

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 52
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827

    After less than a week in office, Barack Obama's approval rating plunges 15 points






    Obama's approval rating plunges a shocking 15 points after less than a week in office | Mail Online


    By David Gardner
    Last updated at 8:56 AM on 26th January 2009


    Barack Obama might have been in office for less than a week, but the euphoria is beginning to wane.

    The new President's approval ratings have fallen from a stratospheric 83 per cent to a more modest - although still impressive - 68 per cent.

    Washington analysts said the scale of the drop in the Gallup poll underlines the immense challenges Mr Obama faces in trying to turn round the U.S.'s battered fortunes.

    He still remains vastly more popular than his predecessor George Bush - who left office with around 25 per cent approval.


    Oh, get a move on: Michelle Obama waits with apparent impatience as her husband attends to business on his first day in the Oval Office
    But there were signs yesterday that reality has set in following the wave of optimism surrounding his inauguration last Tuesday.

    Mr Obama is facing an ugly battle with Republicans over his plans to bail out the economy with £515billion of taxpayers' cash. Opposition leaders claim the rescue package relies too much on government spending and not enough on tax relief for families and small businesses.

    In a radio address at the weekend Mr Obama gave details of his plan for the first time, saying he wants to double the nation's use of wind and solar power within three years and modernise 10,000 schools to help combat the 'unprecedented crisis' faced by the country.

    The address was also broadcast on YouTube, where it drew 450,000 views and 3,000 comments - most of them positive - in just one day.

    But the President's top financial adviser Larry Summers, head of the National Economic Council, risked angering Republicans last night by refusing to rule out yet another influx of government money to prop up the ailing U.S. banks.

    He said: 'What ultimately will be necessary is something that will play out over time.' Mr Obama's hopes of enacting the bailout with bipartisan support next month appeared to be fading last night with Republican leader John Boehner warning that his party could vote against it.

    Senator John McCain, Mr Obama's opponent in the November presidential contest, also said he did not believe the package did enough to create jobs.

    'There have to be major rewrites if we want to stimulate the economy... As it stands now I can't vote for it,' McCain told Fox television.

    The President's new focus in the war on terror is also causing controversy.

    While he plans to shift all combat troops out of Iraq over the next 16 months, many soldiers will find themselves in the thick of a new battle in Afghanistan.

    Vice President Joe Biden warned that Americans should expect casualties as up to 30,000 more U.S. troops are sent there to fight the resurgent Taliban.

    In a TV interview yesterday, he said the additional U.S. troops in Afghanistan will be engaging the enemy more.

    Asked if that means the public should expect more deaths, he said: 'I hate to say it, but yes, I think there will be. There will be an uptick.'

  2. #2
    100 Proof Chaos
    ELITE MEMBER
    lucifuge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    1313 Mockingbird Lane
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Points
    4850591

    Just wait.... it's gonna drop even farther.
    Reality's a bitch... and now that the savior is in office and none of the problems 'created' by the Devil (Bush)have magically disappeared, the Obama frenzy will probably fade fast.
    Last edited by lucifuge; 01-26-2009 at 05:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1860097295

    Bingo.


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    The first terrorist attack, he's finished.

    He's renaming "The War on Terror".. apparently that's not politically correct
    He's closing Gitmo,
    Stopped trials,
    Potentially releasing dangerous terrorists,
    He's cutting defense spending,
    He's cutting our nuclear arsenal,
    He's talking with Iran,
    No "torture" for information

    When we went into Iraq, the approval of the action was around 80%+... . We all saw how that turned. If there is an attack, Obama will be blamed, justifiably.

    For all of Bush's faults, his results in the war on terror speak for themselves. Obama is admittedly unravelling it, and he's going to pay the price politically, but many Americans will pay the price with their lives.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827

    so the sky is finally falling?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    so the sky is finally falling?
    No, but America will pay the price for it's ignorance.

    This "change" facade is fading. American people overwhelmingly don't support the SPENDING bill, and Obama is ignoring them. Republican's are always smeared as using the "politics of fear", yet here we have Obama saying we are doomed unless we spend 60 million on smoking cessation, and all of the other bullshit in this bill.



    Democrats are spending & are weak on defense. This isn't news... it's a wake up call that Obama is nothing new.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827

    Stumbling out the gate: Barack Obama flubs his first big test

    [IMG]







    Stumbling out the gate: Barack Obama flubs his first big test

    Updated Sunday, February 8th 2009, 9:45 AM


    The first days of President Barack Obama have not been easy ones.
    It's not easy to waste a mandate and a honeymoon at the same time, but President Obama seems determined to try. You know he's off to a lousy start when his most favorable reviews came after he said, "I screwed up."

    Did he ever, and not just once. If he keeps going this way, America will be saying, "We screwed up."
    He's our President, it's a horribly dangerous time at home and abroad and we desperately need him to succeed. But he can't be successful unless he builds a broad swath of public trust in his leadership. So far, he's going backward.

    It's very early, but it's worrisome that Obama has stumbled almost since he took the oath. His inauguration speech was uninspired and next to nothing has gone right for him. Already he looks like he needs a vacation.
    The historic young President with the political wind at his back has quickly turned testy toward those who disagree with him. Despite promises to the contrary, he's been so rigid that the defeated Republicans are relevant again.

    Obama's fumbled rollout is surprising, given a smooth and skillful transition. He appointed key players early, talked repeatedly of being ready "to hit the ground running" and was eager to get off to a fast start.
    Maybe too fast. His vetting of top aides was shockingly sloppy, and he has been concerned primarily with the speed of the stimulus bill, not its contents. The failed vetting produced a string of embarrassments over tax dodgers and influence peddlers, and his embrace of the flawed stimulus has put him on the wrong side of the American public, with only about 1 in 3 voters with him.

    Even more surprising, his famously cool temperament is AWOL. He has been visibly frustrated at what he calls needless delay, despite a rapid timetable given the whopping price tag of the stimulus legislation and the uncertainty of its impact.
    He should genuinely welcome those who want to make the bill better. After all, there's never been much doubt he would get a huge package passed, so he doesn't need to make enemies over it. The only real question is whether it will succeed.

    But unable to get his way quickly, he pulled rank with a snippy, "I won." When the Senate insisted on debate, he turned to harsh attacks and campaign-style rhetoric. Some insiders already are grumbling about disarray and arrogance.
    So much for a change in Washington.
    What happened to the gracious uniter, the man who held a dinner to honor opponent John McCain and embraced the concept of a team of rivals? That seems like ancient history as he and McCain now are sniping at each other.

    It's also disappointing that, instead of appealing to our hopes, Obama has resorted to fear-mongering, a tactic he often accused former President George Bush of using. Our new President sounds like the old one, warning that failing to do what he wants would be a "catastrophe," a word he used twice in one day.
    The real catastrophe would be to borrow a trillion dollars for no lasting result except the liberal pet projects that have turned the bill into a porkfest.

    A friend, in a clever reference to JFK's first big mistake, calls it Bambi's Bay of Pork. Obama's touting the bill marks him as careless with taxpayer dollars, and it's a reputation he will not find easy to shake, especially if the legislation fails to boost the economy and add jobs.
    Nor will it be easy to persuade anyone he is nonideological after his turn to hard partisanship on just his 16th day in office. In a political hot-house atmosphere, he called House Speaker Nancy Pelosi "our rock" and "an extraordinary leader," oblivious to her 18% approval rating. He claimed the stimulus she produced reflected "discipline," meaning he's either cynical or didn't bother to read the turkey before embracing it.

    He accused critics of pushing "tired arguments and worn ideas," but there is nothing more tired than Washington's wasteful spending. He wants to "name and shame" corporate fat cats who abuse taxpayer bailouts, but cheers his Dem mates for an outrageous tab that knows no precedent in our nation's history.
    Who is this guy? Where is the Barack Obama who charmed the country and challenged it to greatness?
    That's the guy we elected. That's the President we need.
    mgoodwin@nydailynews.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827


  10. #10
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,717
    Rep Points
    2111034614

    does anyone friggin realize our eating habits kill more people than terrorists do?

    How low is the RISK of death by terrorism? I found a website that lists all the conditions of death.
    If we select the worst year for terrorism in the history of the United States, 2001. About 3100 people died. This ranks the risk of death by terrorism (for that year only) at about 99. Right up there with "Infectious Diarrhea" (0.00% of deaths). That's right, in 2001, you had as much of risk of dying by crapping too much as you did by terrorism.
    Now if you average those deaths out over 10 years, you get about 400 deaths a year (lets assume a few more successful attacks that kill a couple of hundred people). That moves the risk down to the level of Penicillin allergies (also 0.00% of deaths).
    Compare all this to something like Influenza with over 63,000 deaths a year (0.02% of deaths).
    So how many billions of dollars are we spending to protect the American public from this deadly scourge? The following is from the 2004 budget for the Department of Health and Human Services:
    Pandemic Influenza. The budget includes $100 million for a new effort to protect the American people against the possibility of pandemic influenza. To ensure the reliability of vaccine production and increase our ability to quickly produce greater quantities of vaccine in the case of a pandemic, some American vaccine production capacity must be converted from the current egg-based methods to cell-based technology. HHS will work with manufacturers to ensure that cell-based vaccine production capacity is established.
    Yup, 100 million. 0.1 billion.
    How much have we spent on protecting ourselves from a possible threat from Iraq? 200 billion and growing. The rest of the defense budget? 400 billion and growing. The department of homeland security? 40 billion and growing.
    Are we insane?



    fucking alarmist idiots.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  11. #11
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
    does anyone friggin realize our eating habits kill more people than terrorists do?

    How low is the RISK of death by terrorism? I found a website that lists all the conditions of death.
    If we select the worst year for terrorism in the history of the United States, 2001. About 3100 people died. This ranks the risk of death by terrorism (for that year only) at about 99. Right up there with "Infectious Diarrhea" (0.00% of deaths). That's right, in 2001, you had as much of risk of dying by crapping too much as you did by terrorism.
    Now if you average those deaths out over 10 years, you get about 400 deaths a year (lets assume a few more successful attacks that kill a couple of hundred people). That moves the risk down to the level of Penicillin allergies (also 0.00% of deaths).
    Compare all this to something like Influenza with over 63,000 deaths a year (0.02% of deaths).
    So how many billions of dollars are we spending to protect the American public from this deadly scourge? The following is from the 2004 budget for the Department of Health and Human Services:
    Pandemic Influenza. The budget includes $100 million for a new effort to protect the American people against the possibility of pandemic influenza. To ensure the reliability of vaccine production and increase our ability to quickly produce greater quantities of vaccine in the case of a pandemic, some American vaccine production capacity must be converted from the current egg-based methods to cell-based technology. HHS will work with manufacturers to ensure that cell-based vaccine production capacity is established.
    Yup, 100 million. 0.1 billion.
    How much have we spent on protecting ourselves from a possible threat from Iraq? 200 billion and growing. The rest of the defense budget? 400 billion and growing. The department of homeland security? 40 billion and growing.
    Are we insane?



    fucking alarmist idiots.
    I thought about responding to that, but you're pretty far gone.. I don't see the point.

  12. #12
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,717
    Rep Points
    2111034614

    Quote Originally Posted by busyLivin View Post
    I thought about responding to that, but you're pretty far gone.. I don't see the point.

    why because i think our military is capable of defending us without 16 trillion more dollars every 6 months? omfg cut defense spending n all of a sudden our entire security will be what? two mules and a rock? people who want to shit on obama will do it no matter what he does or doesn't do and the right thing, the sane thing, the sensible thing will not matter. that's why in millinocket kids are using textbooks that are 30 years old. terrorist is just a very effective word being used to dig a hole in our pocket.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  13. #13
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
    why because i think our military is capable of defending us without 16 trillion more dollars every 6 months? omfg cut defense spending n all of a sudden our entire security will be what? two mules and a rock? people who want to shit on obama will do it no matter what he does or doesn't do and the right thing, the sane thing, the sensible thing will not matter. that's why in millinocket kids are using textbooks that are 30 years old. terrorist is just a very effective word being used to dig a hole in our pocket.
    Say that after your kid get's beheaded.. oh that's right.. chances are slim it will be your kid. Someone else's is ok though.


  14. #14
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,717
    Rep Points
    2111034614

    Quote Originally Posted by busyLivin View Post
    Say that after your kid get's beheaded.. oh that's right.. chances are slim it will be your kid. Someone else's is ok though.

    i see it worked on you. here mr government man take all my money and give me an illusion of safety.

    how many murderers born and raised here beheaded kids here since 9/11? terrorist threat my ass.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  15. #15
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
    why because i think our military is capable of defending us without 16 trillion more dollars every 6 months? omfg cut defense spending n all of a sudden our entire security will be what? two mules and a rock? people who want to shit on obama will do it no matter what he does or doesn't do and the right thing, the sane thing, the sensible thing will not matter. that's why in millinocket kids are using textbooks that are 30 years old. terrorist is just a very effective word being used to dig a hole in our pocket.
    I see your point, spend billions of dollars on policing other countries but complain about investing in our future.
    In this age for a school to use 30 year old text books is a travesty.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827

    Quote Originally Posted by busyLivin View Post
    Say that after your kid get's beheaded.. oh that's right.. chances are slim it will be your kid. Someone else's is ok though.

    Are you saying they will invade our country and do this literally?
    Or are you saying if we were to travel or work there we have a greater risk of being beheaded?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    investing in our future? can you say that with a straight face?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    Are you saying they will invade our country and do this literally?
    Or are you saying if we were to travel or work there we have a greater risk of being beheaded?
    No, she's downlplaying the threat of terrorism. She thinks because there is murder here we shouldn't prioritize terrorism. Maybe a city will blow up & she'll watch hundreds of thousands die in a nuclear explosion before she gets a clue.

    let me guess.. Im using the "politics of fear".. that can't really happen. Iran and north korea would never give a bomb to a terrorist group.. never.

  19. #19
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,717
    Rep Points
    2111034614

    Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    I see your point, spend billions of dollars on policing other countries but complain about investing in our future.
    In this age for a school to use 30 year old text books is a travesty.
    it's ok that we kill each other, that's just crime but if someone else kills a few of us we launch a "war on terror"

    what about a war on 16-17 thousand of us murdered every year by our own?
    where's the outrage there?

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  20. #20
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,717
    Rep Points
    2111034614

    Quote Originally Posted by busyLivin View Post
    No, she's downlplaying the threat of terrorism. She thinks because there is murder here we shouldn't prioritize terrorism. Maybe a city will blow up & she'll watch hundreds of thousands die in a nuclear explosion before she gets a clue.

    let me guess.. Im using the "politics of fear".. that can't really happen. Iran and north korea would never give a bomb to a terrorist group.. never.
    so the sky IS falling and the only thing that will stop it for sure is continued defense spending. okkkk

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  21. #21
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035


  22. #22
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827

    Quote Originally Posted by busyLivin View Post
    investing in our future? can you say that with a straight face?
    Investing in education is investing in our kids future. No?

  23. #23
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,717
    Rep Points
    2111034614

    if we are trying to keep Americans safe, how do we do that by focusing on something that doesn't really kill any more of us than having the shits does?

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  24. #24
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
    so the sky IS falling and the only thing that will stop it for sure is continued defense spending. okkkk
    funny.. spending was one of the things i listed and it's the only thing you're talking about. Doesn't matter.. anyone who belittles 9/11 to "big deal.. a few us got killed" is utterly clueless in my book.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    busyLivin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,661
    Rep Points
    22045035

    Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    Investing in education is investing in our kids future. No?
    this "stimulus" bill is an absolute joke, and thankfully 63% of the public knows it. Obama is scratching for Republican support (even though he doesn't need it) because he knows if/when it fails, there is not other scapegoat that himself & the Democrats.

  26. #26
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,717
    Rep Points
    2111034614

    Quote Originally Posted by busyLivin View Post
    funny.. spending was one of the things i listed and it's the only thing you're talking about. Doesn't matter.. anyone who belittles 9/11 to "big deal.. a few us get killed" is utterly clueless in my book.
    in REALITY, there are FAR greater threats to us and our loved ones than "terrorists"

    in REALITY "terrorism" is WAY down there.

    in REALITY clutching my flag n mourning the victims of 9/11 while uncles sam uses my money to wipe his ass isn't going to make my kids any safer or give them a better world to inherit.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  27. #27
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827

    Quote Originally Posted by busyLivin View Post
    this "stimulus" bill is an absolute joke, and thankfully 63% of the public knows it. Obama is scratching for Republican support (even though he doesn't need it) because he knows if/when it fails, there is not other scapegoat that himself & the Democrats.
    Are you basing this on Bush's failed $150 billion economic stimulus package .

  28. #28
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,501
    Rep Points
    3303946

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
    if we are trying to keep Americans safe, how do we do that by focusing on something that doesn't really kill any more of us than having the shits does?
    You realize that it is our efforts that have likely protected us from additional attacks? Madrid, London, Bali, Thailand.. Those people were being attacked while we were safe..

    Don't forget all the thwarted attempts that we know about.

    The problem with a serious terrorist attack, like an nuclear weapon or biological weapon, is that letting it happen one time is one time too many. You can't lay back and say "yeah, we're safe now, if we get hit again, we'll get serious," because potentially hundreds of thousands of Americans could die.

    We have to be secure and successful in thwarting these people 100% of the time, because the one the gets through could be devastating.

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,751
    Rep Points
    802265827

    Quote Originally Posted by brogers View Post
    You realize that it is our efforts that have likely protected us from additional attacks? Madrid, London, Bali, Thailand.. Those people were being attacked while we were safe..

    Don't forget all the thwarted attempts that we know about.

    The problem with a serious terrorist attack, like an nuclear weapon or biological weapon, is that letting it happen one time is one time too many. You can't lay back and say "yeah, we're safe now, if we get hit again, we'll get serious," because potentially hundreds of thousands of Americans could die.

    We have to be secure and successful in thwarting these people 100% of the time, because the one the gets through could be devastating.
    Are we the only country taking measures to defend themselves against terrorist attacks?
    This would work if all countries make it a point to not harvest any terrorist.

  30. #30
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,717
    Rep Points
    2111034614






    Quote Originally Posted by brogers View Post
    You realize that it is our efforts that have likely protected us from additional attacks? Madrid, London, Bali, Thailand.. Those people were being attacked while we were safe..

    Don't forget all the thwarted attempts that we know about.

    The problem with a serious terrorist attack, like an nuclear weapon or biological weapon, is that letting it happen one time is one time too many. You can't lay back and say "yeah, we're safe now, if we get hit again, we'll get serious," because potentially hundreds of thousands of Americans could die.

    We have to be secure and successful in thwarting these people 100% of the time, because the one the gets through could be devastating.
    i agree but the military should make better use of what it has, eliminate idiotic waste, and not get caught with it's pants down again. increasing out debt exponentially isn't the answer. cutting defense spending will not make us sitting ducks. eventually the products of our deteriorating public school systems will fill the shoes that protect us now. god help us.

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 02:56 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
  3. Barrys Approval Rating all time low 41%
    By DEATH MATCH in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 12:04 AM
  4. Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Hits Record Low
    By DEATH MATCH in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 07:46 PM
  5. Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent
    By min0 lee in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->