• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

'Americans are not your enemy,' Obama tells Muslims

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
'Americans are not your enemy,' Obama tells Muslims - CNN.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama said his administration will offer a hand of friendship to the Muslim world but will hunt down terrorist organizations that kill innocent civilians.

"My job to the Muslim world is to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy," Obama said in an interview with Al-Arabiya, the Dubai-based satellite television network. "We sometimes make mistakes. We have not been perfect."

During his run for the White House, Obama pledged to improve ties with the Muslim world, draw down U.S. troops in Iraq and close the detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The president also has pledged to address the Muslim world from a Muslim capital in the first 100 days of his administration. No location has been announced.

Obama said the United States will go after terrorist groups that kill innocent civilians but will do so while respecting the rule of law. The president said that difference makes America great.

The Obama administration also has taken an early interest in the Middle East peace process between the Israelis and the Palestinians, with the president naming former Sen. George Mitchell as his special envoy to the region. Mitchell is scheduled to arrive in the Mideast on Tuesday to shore up a fragile cease-fire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas leadership.

"I think the most important thing is for the United States to get engaged right away," Obama told Hisham Melhem, Al-Arabiya's Washington bureau chief. Watch Obama reach out to Muslims »

A tentative cease-fire between Israel and Hamas-ruled Gaza began last week after a three-week military operation by Israeli troops in the Palestinian territory.

"Ultimately, we cannot tell either the Israelis or the Palestinians what's best for them. They're going to have to make some decisions," Obama said. "But I do believe that the moment is ripe for both sides to realize that the path that they are on is one that is not going to result in prosperity and security for their people. And that instead it's time to return to the negotiating table."

Obama said the United States will start by listening, not dictating, and then a response will be formulated after consultations with all the major parties involved.

Obama's interview was seen widely in Pakistan and has received a generally positive response from analysts there.

Islamabad author and journalist Imtiaz Gul told CNN: "It's a good sign of an attempt to reconcile with the Muslim world, to say America wants to reach out to them and not to consider them as an enemy."

Analyst Zaid Hamid said that Obama has yet to win the hearts and minds of the Muslim world.

Hamid said the real litmus test for the Muslim world is what Obama does with the crisis in Gaza.

Political Punch: President Obama Does First Formal TV Interview as President with Al-Arabiya

President Obama Does First Formal TV Interview as President with Al-Arabiya
January 26, 2009 6:29 PM

As special envoy to the Middle East, George Mitchell heads off to the region to begin work on negotiating a cease fire between Israel and the Palestinians, President Obama has sat for his first formal TV interview with the Arabic cable TV network Al-Arabiya, ABC News has learned.

The interview was taped this evening and is set to air at 11 pm ET, as Mitchell is in the air and on his way to the region.

Based in Dubai, Al-Arabiya estimates that it has a potential audience exceeding 23 million in the Gulf region.

Obama's al-Arabiya tv interview
(15:25) Interview
Jan 27 - US President Barack Obama spelt out his plans for the Middle East in an interview with UAE based tv channel Al Arabiya.
Obama said on Monday that Israel and the Palestinians should resume their peace negotiations and he praised Saudi King Abdullah for putting forward an Arab plan for peace in the Middle East.
Obama, in his first interview with Arab television since becoming president, told al-Arabiya television his administration would adopt a more comprehensive approach in its relations with the Muslim world.

With video obamism.

typical liberalism at its best...lets negotiate with terrorism! Iran??? WTF!!!

typical liberalism at its best...lets negotiate with terrorism! Iran??? WTF!!!

Nope, he's doing the right thing.

Part of the hate the Muslims have for us is due to the support we give Israelis.

He is talking to them and not dictating to them.

I see where your coming from min0, but how many times do we have to talk and plea with them before they change their attitude? A lot of the middle eastern countries who currently hold animosity towards us are like that because we've never tried talking to them, or coming to an agreement, but Iran is like that annoying booger that you just can't pick, they've continuosly time after time have showed their own hatred for a true democracy, whether is be a jewish state or not...I feel that Iran has always been a REAL threat to our way of living, and that perhaps if we should be in any war one day, it should be with them, not Iraq or whomever...you agree?

If that fails we go back to the Hulk smash deal.

when that fails. make no illustions, this will do nothing to the fanatics. remember we have had fanatics in our past to. what did it finally take to get the KKK out of power in the south? We had to force them out.

I see where your coming from min0, but how many times do we have to talk and plea with them before they change their attitude? A lot of the middle eastern countries who currently hold animosity towards us are like that because we've never tried talking to them, or coming to an agreement, but Iran is like that annoying booger that you just can't pick, they've continuosly time after time have showed their own hatred for a true democracy, whether is be a jewish state or not...I feel that Iran has always been a REAL threat to our way of living, and that perhaps if we should be in any war one day, it should be with them, not Iraq or whomever...you agree?

I don't think Bush went on a national TV and spoke to their people with sincerity and explained how he is going to go about things.
That would mean a lot for me if I was from that country.
Is he the only one to make comment s like that? I don't really know.
I hope it works.

Let's not forget Iran was our ally at one time.

when that fails. make no illustions, this will do nothing to the fanatics. remember we have had fanatics in our past to. what did it finally take to get the KKK out of power in the south? We had to force them out.

Speak softly and carry a big stick, I am with you....if they don't comply then nuke them.

I don't think Bush went on a national TV and spoke to their people with sincerity and explained how he is going to go about things.
That would mean a lot for me if I was from that country.
Is he the only one to make comment s like that? I don't really know.
I hope it works.

Let's not forget Iran was our ally at one time.

Speak softly and carry a big stick, I am with you....if they don't comply then nuke them.

the government of iran was our ally because we supported him. that is part of what caused the back lash against us in iran. We have such a fucked up history in the middle east. its really sad.

and initially the iraqi people loved the US and Bush. They saw us as saviors from a repressive regime. I still remember the old woman voting for the first time who was praising bush and telling others fuck you. 5 years later all they see is their own people killing each other and everything has changed.

The only possible way I see of things turning out more peaceful in the middle east is for the good muslim people to say that they have had enough of the fanatics and for them to actively fight their fanatic element. until that time the fanatics will rule with fear and agression.

IML Gear Cream!
The only possible way I see of things turning out more peaceful in the middle east is for the good muslim people to say that they have had enough of the fanatics and for them to actively fight their fanatic element. until that time the fanatics will rule with fear and agression.

:thumb:

I wonder how the Muslim kids of today will feel about America in the future. We may have just gave birth to a new generation of terrorists.

Martin Luther King Jr and all of the non-violence advocates made bigger gains than the Black Panthers and Malcolm X.....ya hear what I'm sayin'?

Who do you think Obama is addressing, the good who are on the tipping point of getting fed up with the US or getting fed up with the extremists, a few good words can be the difference for thousnads of Muslims to move in the right direction.....

at least he is trying and not blanketing them with terms like Axis of Evil....

Martin Luther King Jr and all of the non-violence advocates made bigger gains than the Black Panthers and Malcolm X.....ya hear what I'm sayin'?

black panther and malcolm x? I'm talking about the national guard forcing integration.

black panther and malcolm x? I'm talking about the national guard forcing integration.

What he is trying to say that you can accomplish a lot by doing things the right way instead doing things by force.

What he is trying to say that you can accomplish a lot by doing things the right way instead doing things by force.

Sometimes force is the right way.

In the early 1900's oil was found in saudia arabia while we were trying to help them find water. Since that time leaders of the middle east have wanted to sell us oil as much as we have wanted to buy it. and as much as all that is true the fanatical arm of the muslim population has hated us and fought against us even being there. No matter what we do they are going to want to kill us. thats just how it is.

the disgusting beliefs and practices of this fanatical segment of the muslim population are well documented. There is no reasoning with them. there is nothing we can give them that will persuade them to anything other than hate. They are looking for something to hate, to blame their struggles on and we are the most convenient big bad wolf.

We will see how this has an effect, if there is any.

I hope it really turns things around. I feel pretty sanguine really about Obama. I didn't at first, but maybe we will all get lucky.

Too much attention is paid to his color, name, and party.
I don't care if his name was a gay hindu named Hitler, as long as he gets this country in order.

IML Gear Cream!
Wasn't it Jesus who said "all they that take the sword shall perish by the sword"?

You really want to go down that road in this thread?

hahahaha, noooooooooooo not another religion thread!!!!!!!

You really want to go down that road in this thread?

He also said, if someone strikes you on the cheek, turn the other one
so that he may strike it too.
Sounds like you need to brush up on your christianity.

He also said, if someone strikes you on the cheek, turn the other one
so that he may strike it too.
Sounds like you need to brush up on your christianity.

shut the fuck up. whats with the personal and religious attacks flowing to other threads? grow the fuck up dude.

shut the fuck up. whats with the personal and religious attacks flowing to other threads? grow the fuck up dude.

the guy will be gone by tomorrow. It's not worth discussing the bible with someone who knows nothing about it.

here's the thing. i like to read open chat, and im getting sick of reading the religious debates. im tired of people that are close minded spouting off a bunch of stuff about things they know nothing about. thats all..

here's the thing. i like to read open chat, and im getting sick of reading the religious debates. im tired of people that are close minded spouting off a bunch of stuff about things they know nothing about. thats all..

I can agree with that. I would like to see once an actual discussion for once. oh well.

Sadly, it's not just limited to Open Chat...it's all over the world.

Back