• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cystic Acne on Back

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Over the past few years I would occasionally develop some pimples on my very upper back. They would surface and be easily dealt with.

However, I've been getting cystic acne on my back which can be pretty painful. I can't pop them because they don't surface. They are completely under the skin and will stick around for several weeks and eventually cause scarring because the skin gets stretched and destroyed. Eventually the area becomes filled with blood and will easily pop, but the scarring was already there and will continue to be there regardless of popping. It drains for a while (I know, gross) and eventually heals up. The scarring doesn't bother me so much but the painful lumps do. After they pop and drain they can be very sensitive to showering. If a stream of water hits it, it can feel like it is hitting a nerve, it is very peculiar. It is a very quick sharp pain.

The thing is, my overall skin is relatively clear. I have the occasional zit and pimple on my face, but I'm 21 and that is expected. My girlfriend even comments on how clear my skin is. I only get the cystic acne on my back, and to be even more specific, it is primarily on my right side. I've had three or four pimples on my left upper back in the past 2 months that didn't amount to much, most of them were easy to get rid of. However, I've had probably 12 - 15on my right upper back that were much larger and much deeper.

My diet is excellent. I drink plenty of water. I exercise regularly. I don't scrub the affected area of the skin vigorously. I use a salicylic acid treatment once a day and I shower very soon after training so the sweat doesn't set in the skin and clog the pores. I don't touch the affected area and then touch other areas of the back. I also don't take, nor have ever, taken steroids or any prohormone. (I figure that would be a natural question)

I just don't get it. I am going to make an appointment with a dermatologist tomorrow. I could deal with it before but it is to the point where I can feel them sometimes just sitting doing nothing. It is especially annoying when I lie on my back/side to sleep and it aggravates them.
I always know it could be worse (and I am grateful for that), but I want to do something about it.

Can anyone offer some help?

It can get worse. I had that on my face and have a bunch of scares left over. I went to dermatologists, beauticians, used creams, oils etc. The only thing i didn't do was that accutane or whatever medical thing is because its a pretty serious med with tons of harmful sides. Fortunately i don't get them anymore, but i will get 1 once in a while on my back. Can't really help you with answer though dude cause i've just learned to deal with them (hell i'm just happy they are on my back and not my face). One of the people i went to was this beautician lady who specialized in very problem skin like i had. She used a lancet to make small, controlled incisions and drain them. She explained to me that if done properly this minimizes scarring and helps healing. I don't know if it really helped because i already had a bunch of scarring by the time i found her but i know i didn't get any worse.

All the dermatologist did was spray me with some cold spray (like nitrous oxide or something) and give me some bullshit cream. Then she charged me like 3 times what the beautician lady did per session.

It can get worse. I had that on my face and have a bunch of scares left over. I went to dermatologists, beauticians, used creams, oils etc. The only thing i didn't do was that accutane or whatever medical thing is because its a pretty serious med with tons of harmful sides. Fortunately i don't get them anymore, but i will get 1 once in a while on my back. Can't really help you with answer though dude cause i've just learned to deal with them (hell i'm just happy they are on my back and not my face). One of the people i went to was this beautician lady who specialized in very problem skin like i had. She used a lancet to make small, controlled incisions and drain them. She explained to me that if done properly this minimizes scarring and helps healing. I don't know if it really helped because i already had a bunch of scarring by the time i found her but i know i didn't get any worse.

All the dermatologist did was spray me with some cold spray (like nitrous oxide or something) and give me some bullshit cream. Then she charged me like 3 times what the beautician lady did per session.

Alright, thanks for the feedback. I agree, I am glad it isn't on my face as well. These things usually go through phases for me, hopefully it'll clear up eventually.

Going to have to take the opposite stance of Yanick here. Accutane basically changed my life for the better. I've had chronic acne since I was 12..I'm 22 now and it was showing no signs of ever going away.

1 month into accutane and there were major improvements on every front. I'm now about 3 months in and I still have a couple spots and red blotching that will fade in time, however I will say that I wish I had made this choice a decade ago...my life would have been far better.

The only side effects that I've had are chapped lips, minor eczema on my hands, and recently after upping my dose I've had some joint pain. It's nothing major, but it did keep me from doing deadlifts and hypers on at least one occasion.

Going to have to take the opposite stance of Yanick here. Accutane basically changed my life for the better. I've had chronic acne since I was 12..I'm 22 now and it was showing no signs of ever going away.

1 month into accutane and there were major improvements on every front. I'm now about 3 months in and I still have a couple spots and red blotching that will fade in time, however I will say that I wish I had made this choice a decade ago...my life would have been far better.

The only side effects that I've had are chapped lips, minor eczema on my hands, and recently after upping my dose I've had some joint pain. It's nothing major, but it did keep me from doing deadlifts and hypers on at least one occasion.

I'm glad it worked for you brother, i would probably have great skin now too if i would've opted to do it. I didn't and now i have to deal with some scarring, i'm pretty much fine with it as i've dealt with my psychological issues and don't really care about stupid shit like pimples anymore.

From what i remember its really hard on your liver and regular blood tests are recommended. I just remember getting counseled about it and thinking thats the risks outweigh the benefits.

Anyway i'm glad it worked out for you, maybe it would've done wonders for me. Oh well, c'est la vie.

my best friends(2 of them) had terrible acne. they were deep pimples like you described on their backs and faces. one of them used accutane, and he had to do a really high dose. he couldnt workout due to joint pain, but after a few months, his skin was perfect.

the 2nd friend used it after he saw what it did for the first and now his skin is great. he had really bad chapped lips, i remember he would say they would crack and bleed sometimes.

i have never had acne, but from what i've seen, accutane is a miracle drug. im sure there are some horror stories, but not with anyone i know.

my best friends(2 of them) had terrible acne. they were deep pimples like you described on their backs and faces. one of them used accutane, and he had to do a really high dose. he couldnt workout due to joint pain, but after a few months, his skin was perfect.

the 2nd friend used it after he saw what it did for the first and now his skin is great. he had really bad chapped lips, i remember he would say they would crack and bleed sometimes.

i have never had acne, but from what i've seen, accutane is a miracle drug. im sure there are some horror stories, but not with anyone i know.

Oh yea when I say chapped lips they're dry as hell and often bleed, but it's a very small price to pay imo.

I think I have 1-2 more months so we'll see about the joint pain and working out, but I think it will be manageable especially since I'm not lifting a whole lot of weight at the moment with legs.

well fufu, what happened?

Also about the liver thing...I personally think that a proper diet and exercise like we do here anyway can keep that in check.

Most people on accutane are still eating their normal diet of shitty food whereas you and I eat far better simply out of lifestyle and habit. Due to that, my liver has less junk to deal with than a normal person. That's my idea anyway.

It's generally the lipid profile that's a giveaway during accutane that something is up. Mine actually got better because I knew about the side effect and pre-emptively started eating more fiber and O3s to combat the change.

I'm sorry to hear that, Fufu. I have dealt with this problem for a long long time. I have tried everything, including acutane, but nothing ever got rid of them completely.

For prevention, the best thing I have found is to only wash my body with head and shoulders shampoo. I never ever use soup or other shampoos. Wash your body, face, and hair with H&S. My stuff started clearing up within weeks.

For after care, once you get one forming, the bets thing to do is stab that bitch right in the core ASAP. I have used sharpened thumbtacks, but I have found that sharpened refinishing nails work the best. I sharped the tips with a bench grinder, but you could use a knife sharpening flint. Sterilize with alcohol, and bit the bullet.

I have found that if you can pinch any fat that the bump lies on before you stab it is optimal. Put the end of the lance right on the center of the bump. Since it is on your shoulder and back, you will have to relay on pain as your guide for stabbing in the right place. Feel the bump over to try and get an idea for where to stab through.

If you do it right, blood will fill into the bump and a day or two later you can pop that shit. Sometimes you can pop it right after you stab it.

It hurts like a mofo, but it is better than having a tumor on your back for 2 weeks to a month.

IML Gear Cream!
KelJu, i've used your H&S tip since you posted a long time ago. It may just be me, but i seem to have clearer skin.

I make my GF stab them for me, she is a little sick and twisted and likes to abuse me so she can deal with the nasty shit that squirts out sometimes as long as i'm in pain lol.

well fufu, what happened?

I did not schedule the appointment thus far. I remembered to make on after office hours and then since then I've had full days and it continued to slip my mind. I actually remember my dermatologist has a pretty intensive website on skin care/pathologies. I'm going to try to find that out, I may not need to make an appointment after all.

I'm sorry to hear that, Fufu. I have dealt with this problem for a long long time. I have tried everything, including acutane, but nothing ever got rid of them completely.

For prevention, the best thing I have found is to only wash my body with head and shoulders shampoo. I never ever use soup or other shampoos. Wash your body, face, and hair with H&S. My stuff started clearing up within weeks.

For after care, once you get one forming, the bets thing to do is stab that bitch right in the core ASAP. I have used sharpened thumbtacks, but I have found that sharpened refinishing nails work the best. I sharped the tips with a bench grinder, but you could use a knife sharpening flint. Sterilize with alcohol, and bit the bullet.

I have found that if you can pinch any fat that the bump lies on before you stab it is optimal. Put the end of the lance right on the center of the bump. Since it is on your shoulder and back, you will have to relay on pain as your guide for stabbing in the right place. Feel the bump over to try and get an idea for where to stab through.

If you do it right, blood will fill into the bump and a day or two later you can pop that shit. Sometimes you can pop it right after you stab it.

It hurts like a mofo, but it is better than having a tumor on your back for 2 weeks to a month.

I'll integrate these practices into my methods...lol. I really feel that I've developed pimple popping as an art over the years. I'm always open to new ideas.

I usually use regular sewing needles and sterilize them with a lighter and then some rubbing alcohol. I absolutely hate when I go to pop it and it doesn't work. Usually I only attempt if I feel pretty certain it will pop.

I had a couple that stayed in my skin for a good three weeks. All I had to do was put a little pressing with my fingers and SPLAT, right on the wall. Ughhh...it feels fucked up, but so awesome at the same time. Pretty gross I guess.

I'll try the head and shoulders too, thanks for the tip.

KelJu, i've used your H&S tip since you posted a long time ago. It may just be me, but i seem to have clearer skin.

I make my GF stab them for me, she is a little sick and twisted and likes to abuse me so she can deal with the nasty shit that squirts out sometimes as long as i'm in pain lol.

I think my girlfriend would do this as well...I don't know if I trust her with a needle.

I remember I popped one once and I had no clue where it landed. I later found it dried up on some random part of the wall. Good fun, I laughed.

Thanks for the help dudes.

I got the head and shoulders, I'll see how it goes.

Hope it works for you dude, I've pretty much stopped using soap on my face period. Its either H&S or this Cetaphil stuff my mom got for me.

I use this salicylic acid treatment on my face, it is made by Biore, best stuff I've used to far, as far as face goes.

For ingrown hairs i use this aftershave called Tendskin. It has ASA in it as well. Really expensive stuff though (i think last bottle i bought i paid like 30 bucks for 4 oz), i'll have to check out the Biore, if its cheaper i'll go with that because the ASA is basically the only ingredient in Tendskin that isn't in all of the other creams that i've used. Its also the only thing that got rid of/minimized ingrown hair, razor burn and such.

Back