• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Newbie, help needed urgently!

kobb

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi all, im a newbie to this site and to the GYM world. So yes, im classed as a beginner. Im so pumped to start working out but I have no idea where to start, ive searched the internet but there are so many different routines and exercises that it has confused me some what. I need some help of putting a routine together, so please if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Firstly I have a bench with barbell, and a set of dumbells. I have a treadmill, an eliptical trainer and a gym ball.

Im looking for a 3 day workout, (but bear in mind what equipment i only have above), resting one day in between each day where i would do my abs. I need to know what exercises to do that will work all my muscles, compound exercises workouts or isolated workouts, i have no idea and what the tempo would have to be, sets and reps etc. Would the treadmill and eliptical trainer be enough for warming up as well as cardio. As far as my physique goes, im 31 years old, weigh 68kgs, im pretty active and sporty and am wanting to bulk up and tone, you know get some more definition. Please guys I am so confused and your help would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks

training -101

here read that its a very good article helping people who have never trained before get their feet off the ground with a few extra links to provide additional information

Thanks

Thanks mate, will check it out

Workout A

Squat
bench press
chin up

Workout B
deadlift
row
DB shoulder press

Alternate between those days 3 times a week. Example:

mon - A
wed - B
fri - A

next week

mon - B
wed - A
fri - B

on mondays and firdays perform 3x5. On wed perform 3x10.

Do this until you reach a plateau.

And let me head you off at the pass with any questions you will certainly want to ask:

a) NO, you can not do this workout 4 or 5 times a week.
b) YES, you must leave a day of rest inbetween each training session. I don't care if you feel like you can do more.
c) NO, you can not go in on saturdays and train biceps.
d) NO, you can not go in on saturdays and train chest and arms

patrick

no gyM around dude? i have a nice setup in my basement also but find it much better at the gym to get started rite... asking people for help or just watching and learn that way

FEEL FREE to Critque routine please.

Workout A

Squat
bench press
chin up

Workout B
deadlift
row
DB shoulder press

Alternate between those days 3 times a week. Example:

mon - A
wed - B
fri - A

next week

mon - B
wed - A
fri - B

on mondays and firdays perform 3x5. On wed perform 3x10.

Do this until you reach a plateau.

And let me head you off at the pass with any questions you will certainly want to ask:

a) NO, you can not do this workout 4 or 5 times a week.
b) YES, you must leave a day of rest inbetween each training session. I don't care if you feel like you can do more.
c) NO, you can not go in on saturdays and train biceps.
d) NO, you can not go in on saturdays and train chest and arms

patrick

Thanks Patrick for your workout programme, as being TOTAL BEGINNER this is muchly appreciated. I have another programme emailed to another post of mine, please check it out, tell me what you think, its very much similar to your programme, so you obviously do know what you talking about (Anyone else please feel free to advise me on any additional info)

Below is my other workout routine:

For the actual workouts read below:

Week 1:

Monday - Workout A
Wednesday -Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:

Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

**Means this is OPTIONAL**

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift
**2x8 Dips (if you cant do these or no assist machine then do Decline Dumbbell Bench Press with your hands Facing each other)

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Pendlay or Bent Rows (or power cleans)
**2x8 Chin-ups (recommended mainly if doing the cleans)

Is their any toher workout that I can use that can susbstitute the Chin Ups as I dont have a bar to perform this particular exercise.

Thanks dudes and looking forward to your replies.

go and get a bar. or use a tree branch. or a beam in the garage or basement.

patrick

Back