Free foods

Thread: Free foods

Rep Points

Free foods

I know that some diet plans allow "free" foods such as raw veggies or fresh fruit. Is that ok or would you still be consuming too many calories even if it is fresh fruit or veggies. For instance if you still were hungry after dinner and wanted an apple, etc. If there is "wiggle" room for the extra 50 or so calories that should be ok right? Still better than grabbing a Snickers.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Don't try to rationalize it by saying it's better than a Snickers, it's still extra calories.

It either fits into your allotted calories or it doesn't. If you're hungry on your current diet, you either need to plan to eat more or shift around your protein/fat/carbs. Either that or you're not eating enough.

Post your current diet and stats and I'm sure we can help.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Amor Fati

Rep Points

I'll go with a different view. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. A casual cut or maintenance type of diet i'd say, grab an apple or something if you are that hungry. A serious cut or contest prep, its absolutely a no go on extra food. Veggies are free, for me, so a bowl of broccoli may give you farts like crazy but it will satiate your appetite while adding negligible amounts of calories.

I'm not really trying to lose weight, even though i'm fat, for personal reasons. I eat clean, but if i'm hungry i'll grab an apple, or eat a small meal (like a piece of chicken with a slice of WW bread or something).

Its a long winded reply, but it really depends on where you came from, where you are and where you want to be.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate