Vegetables: Small portions or one big meal?

.::.:: Legend ::.::.
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Vegetables: Small portions or one big meal?

The topic is pretty self explanatory. I've just been very curious about this question. I like vegetables, a lot but have been really confused on when or how to eat them.

What are the difference between eating a little bit at a time between each meal? or can I just go and have one big ass bowl of vegetables. I prefer the latter since its hassle and a one time thing and cleaning the mouth after haha.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Meal timing is irrelevant so I cant see any real problem with this.

(He says eating a massive plate of mince and veg.)

Rep Points

id like to know more about this actually to see i will throw a banana in my post workout shake, add carrots and lettuce to my tuna , some celery or some other veggie in the morning oh and cucumbers love those things
    Life is hard, Train harder My Goals Blog
    go big or go home
    friend " man i am not feeling the gym today" me " all i hear is la la la i am a little bitch"

Eat them however you like them but try not to over do it.. you CAN overeat, even with vegetables.. But usually they're pretty low in calories.

Why not just have them with two or three of your meals/snacks in a day? You body needs fuel often

Rep Points

As it has been said many times on this board, it actually doesn't matter if you eat 3 large meals a day or 6 small ones. All studies with the exception of 1 show that spacing your food throughout the day has no effect on your workout.

I eat VERY low calories during the day. Typically I only take in about 600-700 calories before my workout around 3:00 PM and will have a LARGE meal of about 700-800 calories 3-4 hours after my workout. I also have most of my veggies at one sitting. Today I ate a MASSIVE bowl of broccoli in one sitting but no other veggies except for a little celery in the morning.

Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself satiated and feeling good. Whatever works for you is perfect. If it is easier and feels better for you to eat once large portion of veggies a day then do that!

Rep Points

I'd rather eat it in smaller portions. Bigger portions unfortunately, comes with gas... at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by workhard1 View Post
    As it has been said many times on this board, it actually doesn't matter if you eat 3 large meals a day or 6 small ones. All studies with the exception of 1 show that spacing your food throughout the day has no effect on your workout.

I eat VERY low calories during the day. Typically I only take in about 600-700 calories before my workout around 3:00 PM and will have a LARGE meal of about 700-800 calories 3-4 hours after my workout. I also have most of my veggies at one sitting. Today I ate a MASSIVE bowl of broccoli in one sitting but no other veggies except for a little celery in the morning.

Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself satiated and feeling good. Whatever works for you is perfect. If it is easier and feels better for you to eat once large portion of veggies a day then do that!
    The only reason I do it is because then I'm not as inclined to binge on a meal.. if I go too long without eating I'll probably eat more than I need to...

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Depends what I'm focusing on diet wise. On my current PSMF, I use veggies as a replacement for the carbs that I used to eat to keep my meals almost the same volume wise.

Other times I like to have 1-2 big bowls of veggies during the evening or closer to bed.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?