• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

"The Wrestler" Actor Arrested on Federal Charges After Car Chase Actor Scott Siegel

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
"The Wrestler" Actor Arrested on Federal Charges After Car Chase Actor Scott Siegel

"The Wrestler" Actor Arrested on Federal Charges After Car Chase
By Daniel Pena
Feb 19, 2009

Actor Scott Siegel, who portrayed the hulking steroid dealer Greg in the movie The Wrestler, was arrested Wednesday night in Westchester, New York following a dramatic car chase. Siegel was wanted by federal agents for distributing steroids.

Federal and local authorities attempted to pull The Wrestler actor over, but he allegedly took off. During the chase, shots were reportedly fired as officers tried to stop his fleeing black Cadillac Escalade sport utility vehicle. Siegel eluded capture by ramming a couple of police vehicles. He soon crashed his SUV into a gate, and then fled on foot.

Police later spotted him inside another vehicle, and were led on another foot chase. Officers, with guns in hand, soon chased him down and caught him at an intersection.

Siegel was arrested and charged with distributing steroids and assaulting a federal officer, both felonies. The actor was taken into federal custody and will be arraigned on Wednesday.

Siegel has a previous federal conviction for dealing steroids, ecstasy, and an animal tranquilizer used as a hallucinogen. He now faces charges of assaulting a federal agent. Other charges are pending.

To read an article on the entire ordeal, click here. You can also see video of Siegel under arrest at the following link.

And he played a Roid dealer in a movie. Imagine that.

I am just glad they got another really dangerous criminal off the streets, great way to spend our tax dollars. :rolleyes:

Hmm, engaging in a high speed chase and ramming into cop cars, guess he isnt too dangerous.

Hmm, engaging in a high speed chase and ramming into cop cars, guess he isnt too dangerous.

they were after him for dealing steroids, that was my point, thanks for your smart ass input though.

they were after him for dealing steroids, that was my point, thanks for your smart ass input though.

he wasn't being a smart ass he was making a legit point. stop being so touchy.

steroids, ecstasy, and an animal tranquilizer used as a hallucinogen? as well as assaulting a federal officer?

this isn't a case of an otherwise law abiding citizen. this guy is a douche bag who gives body builders a bad name. this guy is the reason that steroids are demonized.

yeah, you're right because the "war on drugs" has been so successful thus far.

sorry, but I think our government should focus on busting murderers, rapists, thieves, child molesters, etc. not drug dealers and drug users.

and the MAIN reason they were after him was for dealing steroids, for some reason this has been of great importance the past 8 years...and it all boils down to politics and money, MLB, NFL, Olympics, etc.

yeah, you're right because the "war on drugs" has been so successful thus far.

sorry, but I think our government should focus on busting murderers, rapists, thieves, child molesters, etc. not drug dealers and drug users.

and the MAIN reason they were after him was for dealing steroids, for some reason this has been of great importance the past 8 years...and it all boils down to politics and money, MLB, NFL, Olympics, etc.

I love the argument that because the war on drugs is failing we should just give up.:rolleyes:

I have no problem with steroids, i don't think they should be illegal. in sports or otherwise, but if you can't see that this guy is helping to contribute to the bad image of steroids then you need to wake up.

I'm sure that there is no correlation between drug users/sellers and other crimes like murder and rape. of course you are right.

I think he says it quite well:

"Today, I can reflect on my efforts and see no progress in stopping the widespread use of drugs. I'll even argue that America's drug problem is larger today than it was when Richard Nixon first coined the phrase, "War on Drugs," in 1972.

America's drug problem is only compounded by the vast amounts of money directed at this ongoing battle. In 2005, more than $12 billion dollars was spent on federal drug enforcement efforts while another $30 billion was spent to incarcerate non-violent drug offenders.

The result of spending all of those taxpayer's dollars? We now have a huge incarceration tab for non-violent drug offenders and, at most, a 30% interception rate of hard drugs. We are also now plagued with the meth labs that are popping up like poisonous mushrooms across the country.

While it is clear the War on Drugs has been a failure, it is not enough to simply acknowledge that reality. We need to look for solutions that deal with the drug problem without costly and intrusive government agencies, and instead allow for private industry and organizations to put forward solutions that address the real problems.
"

Bob Barr: I Was Wrong About The War On Drugs -- It's A Failure

I actually agree with you, Prince.

Took long enough :D

IML Gear Cream!
I think he says it quite well:

"Today, I can reflect on my efforts and see no progress in stopping the widespread use of drugs. I'll even argue that America's drug problem is larger today than it was when Richard Nixon first coined the phrase, "War on Drugs," in 1972.

America's drug problem is only compounded by the vast amounts of money directed at this ongoing battle. In 2005, more than $12 billion dollars was spent on federal drug enforcement efforts while another $30 billion was spent to incarcerate non-violent drug offenders.

The result of spending all of those taxpayer's dollars? We now have a huge incarceration tab for non-violent drug offenders and, at most, a 30% interception rate of hard drugs. We are also now plagued with the meth labs that are popping up like poisonous mushrooms across the country.

While it is clear the War on Drugs has been a failure, it is not enough to simply acknowledge that reality. We need to look for solutions that deal with the drug problem without costly and intrusive government agencies, and instead allow for private industry and organizations to put forward solutions that address the real problems.
"

Bob Barr: I Was Wrong About The War On Drugs -- It's A Failure

compared to the hundreds of billions our beloved congress and president want to spend on a bailout that will bear little fruit i think that 42 billion wasn't so bad.

this guy is not a non-violent drug offender. he is a violent drug offender. he is not just selling steroids, but is also into selling ecstasy. This guy is scum and should be put away. It's guys like him that make it easy for the government to go after steroids. he is way different than those who are going out and purchasing steroids for personal use in order to reach their body building goals.

Wow, Prince you usually make good points but holy shit are you off base here.

This guy dealt in illegal things other than steroids. Doesn't matter why LE was after him. He then confirms his douche bag status by assaulting and fleeing officers. WTF???

How you can believe he shouldn't be pursued is beyond me.

For the record I use AAS and believe that those individuals whom deal in only AAS shouldn't be investigated. Those individuals who deal in other things bring a large amount of attention onto themselves and deserve having bubba rearrange their insides.

LOL....do you know how many of those violent crimes are drug-related? Well, me neither but I do know the percentages are pretty high.

Rid the country of drugs and the violent crimes will drop.

People should stick to healthier drugs...like alcohol. :D

Wow, Prince you usually make good points but holy shit are you off base here.

This guy dealt in illegal things other than steroids. Doesn't matter why LE was after him. He then confirms his douche bag status by assaulting and fleeing officers. WTF???

How you can believe he shouldn't be pursued is beyond me.

For the record I use AAS and believe that those individuals whom deal in only AAS shouldn't be investigated. Those individuals who deal in other things bring a large amount of attention onto themselves and deserve having bubba rearrange their insides.

No, not really.

He was under DEA surveillance because they wanted to bust his steroid dealing operation, period, they were watching him for quite some time. they were not after him for being violent or breaking any other laws.

I don't agree with him running and starting a high speed chase, nor resisting arrest, but he probably figured he was completely fucked and he might as well try and get away and go to Mexico. If you were in that situation you might do the same thing, who knows.

LOL....do you know how many of those violent crimes are drug-related? Well, me neither but I do know the percentages are pretty high.

Rid the country of drugs and the violent crimes will drop.

People should stick to healthier drugs...like alcohol. :D

the majority of incarcerated drug offenders are non-violent and did not break any other laws.

alcohol is not a healthier drug it is a legal drug that the government makes millions of dollars from taxes.

alcohol is not a healthier drug it is a legal drug that the government makes millions of dollars from taxes.

Not if you brew your own beer. I pay no tax on the kits I order online. :D

IMG_3947.jpg

the majority of incarcerated drug offenders are non-violent and did not break any other laws.

I'd like to see some data backing that claim up.

The tassimo rules eh!

It's a Keurig...same thing. I love that machine. 30 seconds for hot coffee! I need to use two servings though to fill my mug.

The beer is a double IPA in case anyone was wondering. 9.3% abv. It's bottle conditioning now and will be ready to drink in mid-April.

IML Gear Cream!
you don't ever drink beer at a restaurant/bar or buy it from a store?

Of course I do. If buying beer directly supported terrorism, they'd be well funded due to my beer purchases.

Of course I do. If buying beer directly supported terrorism, they'd be well funded due to my beer purchases.

it directly supports our corrupt government and politicians and gives them the funding to waste millions of our tax dollars busting steroid dealers.

it directly supports our corrupt government and politicians and gives them the funding to waste millions of our tax dollars busting steroid dealers.

Money well spent.

Money well spent.

Not at all, they did not stop steroid use, it has only increased since the The Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990, now it is just a lot more dangerous. Prior to 1990 you could go to a doctor and get a legit Rx for steroids and be monitored, i.e. blood tests, now it is all underground and black market, it is much more dangerous. People order this crap online and get bogus shit, they end up injecting unsterilized oil into their bodies, there is no monitoring or blood tests being done.

I don't how you could make such an ignorant statement IAB, at least the majority of people here agree that steroids should be legal under a doctors supervision.

I don't how you could make such an ignorant statement IAB, at least the majority of people here agree that steroids should be legal under a doctors supervision.

Ehhh...when did I ever say I was against that? Please find the quote. That was an ignorant thing to say on your part. ;)

My sister has MS and takes prescribed steroids.

Ehhh...when did I ever say I was against that? Please find the quote.

My sister has MS and takes prescribed steroids.

I insinuated it based on your post "Money well spent.", unless you were being sarcastic?

Yes, AAS have many medical uses, more than the average person realizes.

Pretty soon its not going to matter anyway, with genetic engineering that is already being done on Myostatin, eventually steroid use will be a non-issue.

it seems like this guy would want to stay low a bit since this big movie came out.
tracker.gif

I'm pretty sure our government is going to waste money regardless of what taxes they have coming in.

I just wish you were able to see that this guy is not the noble individual you seem to think all steroid dealers are. this guy is a criminal.

I just wish you were able to see that this guy is not the noble individual you seem to think all steroid dealers are. this guy is a criminal.

I don't think anything of this guy, never even knew of him before this arrest, I don't care, nor was I ever defending him specifically. I was simply pointing out another example of our government wasting resources on busting steroid dealers, that is all.

Scott Siegel, an actor from "The Wrestler" was charged for drug dealing and assault charges on Thursday. Prosecutors said investigators had seized 1,500 bottles labeled as anabolic steroids and tens of thousands of dollars in cash during searches of Siegel’s home and that of his parents.

A steroid-trafficking investigation team had Siegel under surveillance and officers staked out at his parent's home on Wednesday night. The car chase started a few minutes after Siegel spotted the officers unmarked vehicle.

Back