• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

p/f/c ratio???

blazin98

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok guys ive lifted on and off for years and taken all kinds of supplements. But i have never counted calories. i have ate kinda healthy before, but like i said ive never really took the nutrition side serious. ive always wanted to bulk and never worried about b/f% up till now. ive read the stickies and have started buying healthier foods, but the ratios seem to be different every where i look.
my question is what should my protein/fat/carb. ratios be?

I want to gain lean muscle mass while maintaining a decently low b/f%
(i say decent b/f% b/c i know i will have to eat more to gain mass but i want to eat correctly so i have more definition in my abs also)
5'8"
150lbs
26yrs
??b/f% (going to try and get a caliper next week)

ok guys ive lifted on and off for years and taken all kinds of supplements. But i have never counted calories. i have ate kinda healthy before, but like i said ive never really took the nutrition side serious. ive always wanted to bulk and never worried about b/f% up till now. ive read the stickies and have started buying healthier foods, but the ratios seem to be different every where i look.
my question is what should my protein/fat/carb. ratios be?

I want to gain lean muscle mass while maintaining a decently low b/f%
(i say decent b/f% b/c i know i will have to eat more to gain mass but i want to eat correctly so i have more definition in my abs also)
5'8"
150lbs
26yrs
??b/f% (going to try and get a caliper next week)

You should avoid ratio's like the plague. They are pointless. To know what you are supposed to eat we need to know if you are trying to bulk or trying to cut. We also need to know your maitenance calories.

But a general rule of thumb is to eat 1-1.5g of protein per pound of LBM. Then you need .5g of fat per pound of LBM (including fish oils). Also, try and get 25g of fiber in there. The rest can be filled however you want based on your goals.

^ Agree.

Link in my sig tells you how.

thanks guys the link in the sig. was very helpful. i signed up on fitday today, this is an awsome help in counting nutrients. from what i can tell my maint. by the formula was 2250 calories however i havent been eating that much from what i can tell and have been at 150lbs for years. i recently have started eating more and trying to eat better so my intake is different but will have to see what fitday calculates.
from what i can calculate just on paper b/f this week i have probably been eating around 1850 calories maintainance.

im wanting to bulk but not lose my abs completely, id like to stay at my b/f% im at now or a little less! You can see my abs but just barely (i was eating less calories than what i figured up but i was eating crap food (high sugar, high carbs, and high fat) cokes, pop tarts, beanie weinies, ramen noodles, microwave saugage and buiscut, wafles w/butter&syrup. yeah im completely changing my diet!! i figure even eating more calories by eating good foods i will see a change in my body fat%. my wife and i have a 2 year old and we both decided to start cooking and eating healthy. that way he is raised around and eats good food.

just wondering where my carbs need to be for a clean bulk?

Wherever you want. Same as cutting.
There is no target for carbs, since they're not an essential macronutrient; that is to say, your body can make glucose. It can't make all of the protein and all of the fat it requires, certain amino acids and fatty acids must be consumed, hence "essential" amino acids and "essential" fatty acids.

If you don't want to get too squishy, aim to gain no more than a pound a week - so, after tracking for a bit, add 500 calories to your maintenance and see where that takes you. If you get too fat, dial back the calories for a bit.

Back