Divine Nutrition

Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

Loose skin

Thread: Loose skin

Rep Points

Loose skin

I am losing weight at a pretty good rate right now. I have loose skin and I am worried it will not tighten up. I have 130 to lose. I have lost 7 pounds a week for the past three weeks. Are there any tips to keep the skin tight or to get it to tighten up as I lose or should I slow down losing.

Does massage help? More protein? I am eating 100 g protein a day. Do I need to increase that since I am 280 pounds?

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

<Sigh>

Skin takes longer to snap back than it takes to drop fat.

It WILL tighten up considerably, but not as much as you would like.

There are laser treatments that I understand can help - and I've heard good things about growth hormone but I can't say from personal experience.

Not yet anyway.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

I heard coco butter might help. I know pregnant women use it on their bellies to prevent stretch marks and loose skin.

Rep Points

thought this would be a good place to post this ?

if someone did cut a bunch of weight and was left with excess skin can that excess skin be "filled" with muscle if he or she starts bulking. This might be a stupid ? but it just seems like the muscle wouldnt fill out the skin like the fat did.

Rep Points

Well, your not alone with the loose skin problem. I have it too, on arms and tummy. Not much you can do except, wait, eat right, build muscle, and keep a healthy lifestyle. It will tighten up eventually. Think positive!
    "Well, I'd rather be cock monster than impotent."

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Beyond a certain point, it never really snaps back.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    Beyond a certain point, it never really snaps back.
    I disagree. I believe that if your at a younger age, keep your bf level low, and build muscle, that it will tighten up completely. The muscle takes the place of the fat. However, it depends on how much loose skin you have. Muscle will not fill rolls of skin.
    "Well, I'd rather be cock monster than impotent."

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dazino View Post
    I disagree. I believe that if your at a younger age, keep your bf level low, and build muscle, that it will tighten up completely. The muscle takes the place of the fat. However, it depends on how much loose skin you have. Muscle will not fill rolls of skin.
    Yeah if you're younger and it hasn't been in its stretched out state for too long then sure it might snap back completely.. but if you're older, been overweight for a while and/or have stretch marks.. then your skin isn't going to be as elastic... creams can help but they're not going to give you the results of surgery... and I don't really know how flawless a surgery like that is so it's a gamble really

Rep Points

And dangerous if I remember correctly?
    Wish you could be just a couple inches taller?
    Free Ebook - How to Get Taller by 3 to 4 Inches: For Adults.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

that surprises me; I was always under the impression that given time to adjust, it can in fact form back to an tighter, more elastic position. Even if this person were to get down to 3% bf, he'd still have this problem?