Should I gain some mass or continue with my body fat loss diet?

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    not a starwars fan


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    10

    Should I gain some mass or continue with my body fat loss diet?






    Hello
    Im 15 years old, 1.75 meter height (thats 5.7feet) and my weight is about 57kg (127 pound) Ive been working out for like 6 month and I look much better now than before, my body fat is around 10-13% now.. so I was wondering should I continue doing all the cardio or just maybe gain some mass and then start with fatloss diet again? Because if i get my ripped abs now and then start gaining mass all my hard work will go.. or no?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Dr. Pain's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Get the Duct Tape...I'm Ripped Again!
    Posts
    11,239
    Rep Points
    10

    You're 15, I'm assuming your male, you should not be cutting, dieting, or doing excessive cardio (unless for sport or pleasure).

    It is your TIME TO GROW! 57 Kilos, at 1.75 meters is by far to light!


    Train! Eat! Grow!


    DP

    P.S.

    Welcome to the Board!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    w8lifter's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Around.....
    Posts
    14,964
    Rep Points
    10

    Originally posted by Dr. Pain
    You're 15, I'm assuming your male, you should not be cutting, dieting, or doing excessive cardio (unless for sport or pleasure).

    It is your TIME TO GROW! 57 Kilos, at 1.75 meters is by far to light!


    Train! Eat! Grow!


    DP

    P.S.

    Welcome to the Board!
    Agreed! Stick w/ a healthy meal plan, play hard, and GROW...you will not regret it!

  4. #4
    not a starwars fan


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    10

    thanks for the welcome
    can you give more details to "healthy meal plan"
    maybe some examples etc?
    Last edited by Jedi; 08-01-2002 at 07:58 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    w8lifter's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Around.....
    Posts
    14,964
    Rep Points
    10

    Originally posted by Jedi
    thanks for the welcome
    can you give more details to "healthy meal plan"
    maybe some examples etc?
    Sure! why you don't post your current diet and we'll help you improve upon it

  6. #6
    not a starwars fan


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    10

    Okey here we go:

    Morning:
    Cornflex with 3% milk or Oatmeal
    Yougurt 3% with fruits
    Cottage or Low fat cheese
    Green Tea w/o sugar

    After a workout
    banana shake (1egg w/o yolk, some milk, ice cream, banana, yougurt w/ fruits)

    Dinner
    Sometimes soup
    Brown rice with fish or chicken or sometimes some beef
    Green Tea w/o sugar or Apple juice
    Tomato and a cucumber and green paper with olive oil

    Supper
    Fish or chicken
    Sometimes with brown rice or only with a salad and some black bread

    After Supper
    Grapes or a yougurt maybe some black bread again

    Thats pretty much all I eat during the week
    phew

  7. #7
    Fat Loss Enthuiast


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    112
    Rep Points
    10

    Jedi,

    Your current diet looks very good and healthy. Quite refreshing for a 15 year old. I wouldn't worry about "bulk" and "cut" at your age. Just focus on your weightlifting. Cardio is okay a few times a week.

    Just keep eating those types of foods, when spring/summer comes around next year you can drop a few of those foods (I said a few!) and make slight alterations if you want to lose a little BF (I said a little!).

    The key here is to keep eating healthy!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    w8lifter's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Around.....
    Posts
    14,964
    Rep Points
    10

    Originally posted by Jedi
    Okey here we go:

    Morning:
    Cornflex with 3% milk or Oatmeal
    Yougurt 3% with fruits
    Cottage or Low fat cheese
    Green Tea w/o sugar

    After a workout
    banana shake (1egg w/o yolk, some milk, ice cream, banana, yougurt w/ fruits)

    Dinner
    Sometimes soup
    Brown rice with fish or chicken or sometimes some beef
    Green Tea w/o sugar or Apple juice
    Tomato and a cucumber and green paper with olive oil

    Supper
    Fish or chicken
    Sometimes with brown rice or only with a salad and some black bread

    After Supper
    Grapes or a yougurt maybe some black bread again

    Thats pretty much all I eat during the week
    phew
    I'm impressed! Some adults could learn a thing or two from you!

    This is very good! I don't think you need to change anything really...maybe add a little cottage cheese to your last meal there for some added protein (it's good mixed w/ the yogurt). If you're drinking that egg raw you might want to use the pasturized egg whites that come in a carton...and add a bit more than one. You're a little low on fats...some peanuts, natural peanut butter, walnuts, almonds, olive oil and flax seed oil could be added....these are all healthy fats that you need in your diet.

  9. #9
    not a starwars fan


    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    10

    Thanks
    should I take protein powder (solgar "whey to go") after my workouts?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    w8lifter's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Around.....
    Posts
    14,964
    Rep Points
    10






    Originally posted by Jedi
    Thanks
    should I take protein powder (solgar "whey to go") after my workouts?
    You could add some to that shake if you wanted to...but remember it's a supplement and certainly not required.

Similar Threads

  1. Weight gain from eating more protein: more lean body mass, not more fat
    By Prince in forum Natural and Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 09:47 AM
  2. Calories in regards to Fat Loss vs Mass Gain
    By chrischarles in forum Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 07:22 AM
  3. I Want To Gain More Body Mass
    By dawn01 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 02:02 AM
  4. Mass gain diet
    By leg_press in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 03:52 PM
  5. Rate my mass-gain diet !
    By aousio in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->