Divine Nutrition

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Stomach problems and diet change

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

Stomach problems and diet change

Since the school year began (late August), for the most part, my girlfriend has been eating healthier and more like me.

She'll embarrassed knowing that I'm telling you this, but for the first couple of months, she had terrible gas which is to be expected. I know just how bad my flatulence got when I was eating tons of protein, tons of fiber and good healthy foods.

So that phase has started to pass --thank the freakin' lord-- and now she's going through phases where she either won't poop for a week or will have diarrhea for a week.

Each week, it's something different.

Originally, I just thought it was her body getting used to the lifestyle change in terms of food, but I'm beginning to think it's something worse than that.

There have been weeks where she hasn't pooped. There are weeks where we'll make dinner and she'll be on the toilet for a half hour shortly thereafter while I'm watching a Celts game or something.

It clearly isn't food poisoning or anything of the sort because I'm eating the same food (and much more of it), so what the hell is it?
    Age: 22 | Height: 5'8" | Weight: 150 lbs | Penis: 12 inches

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

bump

Amor Fati

Rep Points

Is there abdominal pain with these symptoms?

How were her bowel habits before all this started happening?

At this point you should have her keep a log and see what foods cause what. From memory...it takes about 24 hours for food to go from one end and out the other, so when she eats and has to go to the bathroom right away its not the dinner she ate that caused it, its the glottic-colic reflex kicking in and making her want to go.

She could be like lactose intolerant, or eating sugar alcohols and such (or some other malabsorption syndrome) which leave the sugar sitting in the gut dragging in water and then...boom goes the dynamite.

If you can't resolve it by finding a definite cause (ie a specific food causing it, or not enough fiber) and deal with it, you should try and make an appointment to a gastroenterologist and get her checked out.

Hopefully this will all come out okay (see what i did there? hahaha).
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Did her carb levels suddenly drop?

I can't speak for others, but I find that dietary fiber isn't equal among foods for some reason. On my recent diet I was eating veggies by the boatload and yet pooping very little. When I began eating carbs again, I got regular again.

The same thing happens when I do high protein/high fat/low carb diets. It's one of the reasons I don't like them.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Rep Points

Well it sounds like irritable bowel syndrome. However is there any kind of mucus attached to the stool? The reason I ask is because there is a parasite that can do something like this also. It is called Giardia. You can get it from well water or even from you pet that has drank bad water. Giardia can live in your upper intestinal area for a very long time and when it starts to die it will come out like a white mucus.

If she has those symptoms she needs to see a doctor so they can try to help her get rid of it asap.

Is she having any other symptoms?

Matt

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What macros is she running - including grams of fibre - and what is different in this mix that wasn't there before?
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

I'll answer all of these tonight with her.

Thanks for commenting.

Rep Points

what are the major facts of stomach problem