• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

possible injury

Budz08

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone-
I'm driving myself crazy just sitting around not doing anything. My situation is that I fear I may have a possible hernia but I do not know for sure. I would love to go to the doc and have it checked but I do not have any insurance at this point. Now, it may just be a pulled muscle, but I have no idea! The pain is not always there and when it is, it's usually later in the day closer to when I go to sleep. I've tried running and some other quick movements and everything is fine no pain, no loss in speed. I am worried though that I'll be doing a heavy set of squats and really hurt myself.
It's killing me that I am not lifting, and I should note that the 'running' was only for a couple of min to see how I felt.
Nothing is popping out that I could tell but I read that not all hernia's do, and that some people have hernia's and not even know it until they get worse and worse with stress and time.
This has only become a problem for the past week and a half if just a week at that. This is wierd to me because the last time I lifted was about three weeks ago before I had to travel to St. Louis. I can't even think of what could have cause this hernia/pulled muscle.

Do guys think its safe to do some light work and test it out or should I just sit on it in misery and wait a week see if it feels any better and just go for walks around the neighborhood for now?

Try icing it maybe or put a heat pad on it or combo off the two?

As always thanks for listening and I really do appreciate all advice offered.

I would just try and go to the doctor (even though you have no insurance. try and find a free clinic near you where you can be seen and claim financial hardship).

Either that or wait for Obama to send you some stimulus and free health care.

patrick

Get to a doc. Diagnosis is based on physical examination, we can't palpate our screens and find the fascial defect so its a moot point asking a bunch of bodybuilders their opinion.

if you start to have GI symptoms, like constipation, nausea, vomiting, intense abdominal pain and/or fever go to the ER ASAP (with the last two mentioned...get to the ER really really really really, i don't know how else to put that sense of urgency into my post, really really really ASAP).

What I do for my back problems that help me a lot and that dont cost much expect maybe 30 mins of your time is stretching my legs + back 4 times a day, everyday.

Legstretch2.jpg

stretches.jpg

Give it a try for two or three day and see if the pain is going. Btw some symptoms of herniated disc are feeling some type of pressure in your back, pain in your legs etc. (My dad has 8 herniated discs :S and he doesn't feel his legs and feel extreme pressure in his back like someone was standing on his shoulder bending his back.)

He's talking about an abdominal/inguinal hernia not a herniated intervertebral disc (from what i can gather of his description of course). As well, if you have a herniated intervetebral disc, doing those stretches is NOT going to help and may even exacerbate the problem (depending on which way the disc herniated of course).

He's talking about an abdominal/inguinal hernia not a herniated intervertebral disc (from what i can gather of his description of course). As well, if you have a herniated intervetebral disc, doing those stretches is NOT going to help and may even exacerbate the problem (depending on which way the disc herniated of course).

Oh shit I have to read more carefully lol thanks, then those stretches won't help :S

also, I wouldn't prescribe those movements for a herniated disk either.

patrick

alright i guess im gonna get to a free clinic and have myself checked out. Although, I do have a question concerning this. If I do go to the clinic they will put it on my record that I have a hernia (assuming I do) and if I can't afford to get it treated won't it cost me more $ and be harder for me to attain health insurance with a pre-existing injury?

that is something you need to ask them. i am not sure how it all works out. But, you can probably get the surgery done at one of those clinics. Just see what your options are.

patrick

IML Gear Cream!
If the clinic is giving you a hard time contact a local hospital ask about charity care. In my area it was great, for a few years I didn't have ANY coverage, but when it came down to it a few times I NEEDED er visits, I filled out the applications and voila , all was taken care of, then again I was BROKE at that time and living with a friend, so they couldn't get $$ if they tried. Good luck and keep us posted bro

Back