25% Off Black Friday Sale

What do I need to focus on now to achieve my goal ? (pics)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rep Points

What do I need to focus on now to achieve my goal ? (pics)

Hey guys, just want to start off by saying hi, since this is my first post. I have been working out for about a year and a half and have made some improvement. I I'm going for the extremely ripped look rather than big muscle and mass.

This is what I started at:

Project14crop.png picture by floods7 - Photobucket

Then these are the two most current ones:

IMAG0040crop.jpg picture by floods7 - Photobucket

IMAGE_010.jpg picture by floods7 - Photobucket

This is where I want to be: (Yes, the infamous skinny Tyler Durden)
    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...ight-club1.jpg

hotties :: BradPitt_FightClub.jpg picture by Ms_Nesa - Photobucket

Where do I need to improve in? What should I concentrate on and how can I change into what I want. Should I just concentrate on fat loss?? I'm getting confused.
    Last edited by Floods7; 03-11-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Rep Points

if your goals are those pics then your there

maybe bulk up another 15 pounds then cut to your current BF%
    Life is hard, Train harder My Goals Blog
    go big or go home
    friend " man i am not feeling the gym today" me " all i hear is la la la i am a little bitch"

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeah remember in those pics of brad pitt he is in perfect lighting. That helps a lot. You are about 10-20lbs away from where he is in those pics.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Floods7 View Post
    Where do I need to improve in? What should I concentrate on and how can I change into what I want. Should I just concentrate on fat loss?? I'm getting confused.
    You'll need a ciggie and tussled hair. Some bruises and blood wouldn't go astray either.

But seriously, I'd say you need a bit more of a bulk and mainly in the arms, Brad Pitt's arms and shoulders would have been worked on specifically because idiots just look to the guns to gauge strength.

Don't forget either that he is:
    A: A sex symbol.
    B: In a movie where they have people devoted to the lighting so you get the warm and shadow-thrown light, which works a treat.
    H: 5' 11" ____Squat: 95kg ATF
    W: 72kg _____Bench: 80kg
    BF: lowish _____Deadlift: 130kg

I need an updated pic!

Rep Points

Hey guys, just want to start off by saying hi, since this is my first post. I have been working out for about a year and a half and have made some improvement. I I'm going for the extremely ripped look rather than big muscle and mass.

This is what I started at:

Project14crop.png picture by floods7 - Photobucket

Then these are the two most current ones:

IMAG0040crop.jpg picture by floods7 - Photobucket

IMAGE_010.jpg picture by floods7 - Photobucket

This is where I want to be: (Yes, the infamous skinny Tyler Durden)
    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...ight-club1.jpg

hotties :: BradPitt_FightClub.jpg picture by Ms_Nesa - Photobucket

You're like, already at your goal?

Maybe work your abs a little bit more.

And please do not make the mistake of doing 1000 crunches a day.

Abs are made in the kitchen. (Abs come from your diet!!!)

Good job on practically achieving your goal.
    I miss Danny81.
    STATS
    Height - 5'8" Weight - 169
    Squats - 3x10 315lbs. Can't fucking fit the rest on here.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by natural^ View Post
    You're like, already at your goal?

Maybe work your abs a little bit more.

And please do not make the mistake of doing 1000 crunches a day.

Abs are made in the kitchen. (Abs come from your diet!!!)

Good job on practically achieving your goal.
    Eaxactly what I was thinking, hes already there.

Another 20lbs of weight and youll be considerably bigger than Brad.

Rep Points

you definitely did a good job at cutting body fat... what did you do to get to where you're at right now?
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

What is it with guys wanting to look like "Brad Pitt from fight club" ??

I've seen this reference a zillion times on this board. Oh well whatever blows your dress up.

I think you look as good if not better. Get oiled up and and dehydrate for a couple of days. Don't forget about this guys budget and ability to acquire who knows what kind of help to get a ripped body. I think he looks too damned skinny.
    Last edited by Merkaba; 03-11-2009 at 11:52 PM.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaba View Post
    What is it with guys wanting to look like "Brad Pitt from fight club" ??

I've seen this reference a zillion times on this boar. Oh well whatever blows your dress up.

I think you look as good if not better. Get oiled up and and dehydrate for a couple of days. Don't forget about this guys budget and ability to acquire who knows what kind of help to get a ripped body. I think he looks too damned skinny.
    If we need a Brad Pitt reference, I'd go with Troy. Looks very good in that movie, could just be a bit more cut.

To the OP: You're actually almost there as most people have said. A bit more muscle, a bit less fat and you're done. With some work you could be there in like 2-3 months.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Swell From Hell

Rep Points

i wanna look like Brad Pitt from benjamin button... but seriously there should be a tyler durden lookalike message board
    ON A 24/7 BULK....

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    If we need a Brad Pitt reference, I'd go with Troy. Looks very good in that movie, could just be a bit more cut.

To the OP: You're actually almost there as most people have said. A bit more muscle, a bit less fat and you're done. With some work you could be there in like 2-3 months.

id go with troy as well
    go big or go home
    friend " man i am not feeling the gym today" me " all i hear is la la la i am a little bitch"

I need an updated pic!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by plums_jp View Post
    there should be a tyler durden lookalike message board
    Do it. You won't.
    I miss Danny81.
    STATS

Rep Points

I'd rather be as buff as he was in Mr and Mrs Smith.
    16yr old. 205 pound. 5'8. Just here to learn
    bench press 225x6 / Deadlift 185x10 / Squat 205x10
    I know, my lift weights are disproportional..
    Working on it..

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Damn - nice work!

What did you do to achieve this look - this will help us suggest whatever minor tweaks to your programme that will enhance your look. You look great!
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

When I realized that I had bitch tits, which was in the first pic. I started to cut fast, I hit the gym with a basic 3 day split (chest and tri's, bi's and back, shoulders and legs), at the same time I was playing hockey once a week with martial arts 3-4 times a week for about a hour. As for in the kitchen: I ate around 1500-1700 calories a day, obviously cut out fast food and sugar. This continued for about 4-5 months were in that mount of time i lost about 20-23 lbs. Then I was here: 003.jpg picture by floods7 - Photobucket

Then I knew I needed some muscle so I started and anabolic diet for 5 months where I put on a lot of muscle. Then, unfortunately I broke my jaw and had to have it wired shut for 6 weeks and lost a lot of weight. After that I tryed to eat good carbs, high protein, and a good amount of fat and that brought me to where I am today. I always have a lot to eat after a workout, and 2-3 meals throughout the day. I know I should eat more but I just don't have the time nor the appetite. Today I am on a 5 day split with less cardio.

If anyone can give me specific help I would really appreciate it!

Rep Points

I wish I could see those pictures!(Damn school laptop)

Sounds like I'm in the same boat with you Flood, workout wise.
    "I lift because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't."

Rep Points

You look good, skinny as hell, but still good. I would say you are fairly close to your goal already.

My personal opinion if I wanted to ever look like brad pitt it would be in troy. he is a little more built in that movie and not such a bean pole.

But then again I would rather look like Leonidas than Tyler Durden. I wonder if we hear more about looking like brad pit in fight club or Gerard Butler in 300? Those are probably the two most sought after bodies that I hear about
    Check out my log of IronMag 1-ANDRO RX here:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/su...ro-rx-log.html

fiendish thingy
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

If your goal is to look the picture you posted, I'd say you are there.
    fufu's 1337 Journal

Your diet will set you free.

I hate exercise, I love training.

Rep Points

i have to agree with a lot of people here, YOUR THERE!! for an average guy that has to have a normal job and on a budget for the diet your there. but for me i like the achillies build more.

Dookie

Rep Points

Yep, you're there if that's your goal but based on your question it seems as though you don't believe that.

Could be you're self conscience because of what you use to look like or you're falling into the trap most of us do. The "I will never look good enough" trap. It's certainly not a bad thing if directed in a positive manor.

Personally you have a great foundation to pack on another 10-15 lbs of muscle. That's the direction I would go, but to each his own.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by largepkg View Post
    Yep, you're there if that's your goal but based on your question it seems as though you don't believe that.

Could be you're self conscience because of what you use to look like or you're falling into the trap most of us do. The "I will never look good enough" trap. It's certainly not a bad thing if directed in a positive manor.

Personally you have a great foundation to pack on another 10-15 lbs of muscle. That's the direction I would go, but to each his own.

^^^^ i have been bulking for almost 8 months now i have gained 20 pounds lol including the fat that comes with it but every month im like ok ill start a cut next month, then im like no ill add 5 more pounds my *something* isnt big enough
    go big or go home

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by largepkg View Post

[QUOTE=CORUM;1874826]i have to agree with a lot of people here, YOUR THERE!! for an average guy that has to have a normal job and on a budget for the diet your there. but for me i like the achillies build more.[/QUOTE

I known what your both saying. Im not like one of those girls that say im fat when they clearly are not. Im just wondering what to do to really nail that look. Thanks for all of the responses. As for working on abs, Obviously loose a % or 2 of BF but should I work on upper, lower abs? any specific movements/excersies? I would also like to get the line down the middle of my chest and definition at the top. I have pretty cut out flat bench and just do incline but is there a better way to improve on the upper top and upper middle of your chest?

Rep Points

[QUOTE=Floods7;1874844]
    Quote Originally Posted by CORUM View Post
    i have to agree with a lot of people here, YOUR THERE!! for an average guy that has to have a normal job and on a budget for the diet your there. but for me i like the achillies build more.[/QUOTE

I known what your both saying. Im not like one of those girls that say im fat when they clearly are not. Im just wondering what to do to really nail that look. Thanks for all of the responses. As for working on abs, Obviously loose a % or 2 of BF but should I work on upper, lower abs? any specific movements/excersies? I would also like to get the line down the middle of my chest and definition at the top. I have pretty cut out flat bench and just do incline but is there a better way to improve on the upper top and upper middle of your chest?
    ya flat bench, and inclined
    i do barbell flat, and inclined dumbells
    go big or go home

Dookie

Rep Points

No, the muscle grows as a whole. Cutting out flat bench isn't a prudent move.

Bombus H. Maximus

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    If your goal is to look the picture you posted, I'd say you are there.
    But that's not really his goal or he wouldn't have posted... I mean who really really wants to be a skinny botch like Brad Pitt? lol

No seriously dude, wanting to be small doesn't compute with me but yeah, if that's what you're looking for you're gonna have to lose some muscle cause you're looking tons better than him right now.

I need an updated pic!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyBomber View Post

No seriously dude, wanting to be small doesn't compute with me .
    Some girls don't like guys to be more muscular, i don't understand that though
    I miss Danny81.
    STATS

Rep Points

I would work on your shoulder mass, that's the only real thing. Could add some arm mass while you're at it too and some ab size but otherwise you're about 4 months away from perfection for that physique

Rep Points

To clarify why I want that look... I am a model/actor and my agent says that my face works with the extremely ripped/chizzled look and not the bodybuilder look. She says I need better abs and have smaller obliques in order to get a from straight line down my sides. Right now my obliques seem to poke out from too much muscle or maybe even fat.

To largepkg--- Best Chest Exercises to Build Masculine Square Pecs | Fitness Black Book

Rep Points

it's probably fat because I find that's the first place I put on fat I find. You don't have like a crystal clear 6 pack either no offense so this suggests that there's still bf that could be lost

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by T_man View Post
    it's probably fat because I find that's the first place I put on fat I find. You don't have like a crystal clear 6 pack either no offense so this suggests that there's still bf that could be lost
    None taken.. Thats what im asking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast