• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Question on fat

AsianNoob

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey guys, i've just wondered about this question on fats. i've read up that saturated fats increase risk of heart disease and stuff, but i've also found websites and stuff that states that saturated fat does NOT increase cholesterol/cause heart disease/kill you, more of the modern day diet of trans fat and processed food(i agree on this, but not too sure on the saturated fat bit).

Here's some links i've found:
Proven Health Benefits of Saturated Fats
Bodybuilding.com - Mark McManus - Are Saturated Fat & Dietary Cholesterol Really Bad For Us? The Facts Set Straight!
Saturated fat isn't as bad as you think...

and some about how saturated fats are bad:
Saturated Fat: A Little May be Too Much | cholesterol, meat alternative, saturated fat | FitSugar - Fitness, Health & Well-being
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7878374.stm(wow its even on BBC!)

anybody got views on this? :confused:

Some sat fat is necessary.

Everything in Moderation.

Excess Sat fat and lack of exercise, can lead to cholesterol coronary problems

What do you mean by excessive amounts of sat fat? does it directly block the arteries just by eating fat?

No, lack of exercise, poor choices in diet and a fat, lazy-ass attitude attribute to it. Ian told you plainly that EXCESSIVE fat and lack of exercise could lead to it. How hard is that?

^ He's not grumpy, just repeating something.

And his point is fair.

Why ask? T?

saturated fats in moderations is fine.. if you eat fried food, cookies, wafles,pancakes, tons of cheese and butter everyday. then you are in trouble..

saturated fats in moderations is fine.. if you eat fried food, cookies, wafles,pancakes, tons of cheese and butter everyday. then you are in trouble..
I fry all my steaks and chicken in butter, and I eat cheese almost every day. I eat BATCHES of pancakes for carbups (pancakes are low in fat unless you butter the hell out of 'em, for me they're exclusively carbup food) and my cholesterol dropped like a STONE when I did the Atkins diet.

Saturated natural fat is healthy. Monounsaturated natural fat is healthy. Polyunsaturated natural fat is healthy, to a point: it also promotes inflammation in the body. Keep your fish oil coming in, but try to keep the rest of your polys down to a dull roar, and do NOT fry with polyunsaturated fat - it oxidizes too quickly. Stick with healthy saturated fats for frying, fats such as butter, ghee and coconut oil.

A simple way to split up your fats is as follows: the minimum for fat is usually taken as half a gram per pound lbm, right? Of this, get about a third from each of polyunsaturated, monounsaturated and saturated fat. If you go higher than this, lean on the monos. Your polys should stay low - too much polyunsaturated fat is NOT healthy.

As an example, suppose I have 120 lbs of lean mass. I'll aim for 60g of fat daily, with about 20g each from poly, saturated and monounsaturated fat.

Any higher than this, I'll push olive oil and avocados.

IML Gear Cream!
haha juggernaut it's just cos i read like 3 threads in a row and in all of them you had your claws out :D

i like feisty

haha juggernaut it's just cos i read like 3 threads in a row and in all of them you had your claws out :D

i like feisty

that sounds gay

Back