• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

NG's Roman Challenge

Jenny

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok.. So I thougt it was about time to start a new journal.. My other one was getting old and things in my life are changing..
In one week, the 11th of August, I'm going to Rome. I will study italian, meet new people and have fun!

My diet and workout will also change.. I haven't been real strict for a while and that has started to show.. Workout wise I've been a good girl, but my food choices haven't always been the best... :rolleyes: So, I'm starting the "for emergency use only" diet featured in M&F hers June/July 2001 issue.. Some people her might not agree with it, but it's what I've chosen to do..
I realise it won't be very fun always thinking about eating on the right time and always preparing food while being in Rome, but I see no other choice.. I've had it feeling fat and I have to do something! And I can't wait 8 weeks (the time I'll spend in Rome) to start it.. So, I'll do my best to make it work.. If I find it disturbing my life there too much, I'll have to come up with something new.. After all, these two months are supposed to be the time of my life.. :rolleyes:

I'm very nervous about this.. not the restricted eating part, I've done that before, but the leaving home part.. I will go by myself and I'll share an apartment with a bunch of strangers.. I feel like this is something I have to do to grow as a person.. Even though it might not seem so to others, these two months are a big step for me to take.. And I am sure I will have lots of fun!

Wish me luck! :D

Good luck sweetie! I'm sure you'll have a blast! And even if you don't follow the plan in MF Hers exactly, you know how to make good eating choices. :)

Will you be posting while you are there?

Hey Missy! :)
Thanx babe! ;) Yeah, I will be able to post while being there.. At least I think so.. the school is supposed to have internet available for students! I would miss you guys a whole lot if not able to post..

Meals today:

Meal1:
6 eggwhites with mushrooms.. (I was supposed to have oatmeal here too, but I missed reading that line and had to put it in meal 3.. :rolleyes: )
Meal2:
4 oz sweet potatoe
1 cup mushrooms
5.5 oz chicken breast
1 tbsp sunflower seeds

Meal 3:
5 oz tuna (I can't believe I was able to get it down! I hate tuna!..)
sallad with: cucumber, red pepper, lettuce
1/2 cup oatmeal (missed in meal 1... )
1 tbsp flax

Meal4 (will be..):
35g protein powder
1 tbsp flax

Meal 5:
4 oz sweet potatoe
5 oz chicken
veggies

Training today was 60 min running (pretty slow run...) and 30 min dancing/cooldown/stretching.. I ran with my Mp3-player today and I really started to feel like dancing.. But I didn't feel like doing Britney moves in the middle of the park where people were having picnicks..:rolleyes: :D So I waited until I got home and danced for a while! Had so much fun! :rolleyes: I miss my old dance workouts.. :p

Last edited:
NG,

Diet looks very good.
Hope you have fun in Rome! (I'm stuck here, LOL) :rolleyes:

Thanx mb! :) It felt really good..
The final split made about 1800 kcals, 45%p, 24%c & 31%fat..
Next week will be lower in carbs, higher in protein and fat..

And being stuck in Oregon doesn't seem too bad! :rolleyes: It could be worse.. :p And I'll post some pics from Rome to make you and the rest feel a little more international! :D

Ahh, didnt see the new journal! Looks good though, and the new diet sounds exciting. Looks pretty tasty too... I love sweet potato myself.

Hmm, I could use some pics of Rome... bring back some good memories. I have probably 50 pics, but there is so much to see and do there that doesnt go a long way.

And of course, I am looking forward to the stories :D

Watch out for those Britney moves... you could really hurt yourself ;)

Hey Nikegirl!! I like your new journal! I really need to start one for me.. but I am trying to come up w/ a new goal??
Anyway.. Everything looks great in here! Whats that "emergency diet" like In that old M/F magazine? I don't remember it! I know how ya feel though thinking you need to do something! Good Luck with everything! I can't believe your Rome trip is just a week a day!!!! You leave sunday? (thats my birthday!:D ) ANYWAY~
sounds like you had a blast dancing at home the other day! I do that too sometimes!! (when nobodys watching though cause I look hilarious)!
Take care sweetie!

PS~ HOW DID YOU EAT THAT TUNA??? I hate it too.. but I know I should eat it....any suggestions??

IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys! :)

Kuso: I promise! :) I'll try to get a gladiator pose in front of the Coloseum! :D Or maybe you'd like a bikini pose in front of my room-mates better? Sorry man, aint happening! :D

Eggman: Yeah, I thought it was about time to start a new one! I'm liking the diet so far, though I've made some changes, there was way too little fat in it..
And I happen to be a very good Britney imitator! :D "I'm a slaaaaave for youuuu" :lol:

Princess: The diet can be found on the M&F hers homepage.. check it out.. though there's too little fat, so I had to change it..
Yep, leaving this sunday! That's your b-day? That's so cool! :D I'll be thinking of you sitting on my plane! ;)
And about the tuna, it was really hard! It's so yucky..:barf: But I'm learning to eat it, had it again today.. :rolleyes:

Diet today:

Meal 1:
6 eggwhites
1/2 cup oatmeal
1tbsp sunflowerseeds, cinnamon, sweetner

Meal 2:
5 oz very lean beef
4 oz sweetpotatoes
veggies

Meal 3:
5 oz tuna :barf:
veggies

Meal 4:
5 oz chicken breast
4 oz s-potatoe

Meal 5:
protein shake
1 tbsp flax

Meal 6 (this wasn't planned, but I've eaten too little...) :
Protein shake
1 tbsp flax

About 1860 kcals
protein 49%
carbs 19%
fat 31%

WOW GIRLIE!! Your diet looks Great! ;)
I will check out that diet! Thanks for the info sista! How long is your flight going to be to Rome?
I bet u are a great Brittany imitator! Shes one of my fave!
I give ya two thumbs up w/ that tuna.. I just don't know if i can eat that or not!!:thumb: :thumb:
have a great day girlie!!! :)

Hey NG~ I was wondering if you would care if I did this "For Emergengy Use Only" program too/ start a new journal? I was thinking of doing the 8 week program instead though!! I really am thinking of losing this 7 lbs. I have gained~ And to work harder on my legs! Would you mind girl??
I don't want to copy you..thats why I am asking!

P, you are so SILLY!! :D WHY would I mind you starting that program?? :) You're too sweet! lol OF COURSE you should start it if you want to! It'll be fun, we'll be able to exchange thoughts about it and help each other! I'll take it as a compliment..

Missed my last meal yesterday.. :grin: So my cals went down a little.. I was at a friends place and when I got home I was very tired.. And I remembered when I had already brushed my teeth.. and yes, I was to lazy to brush them again.. so I went to bed..
That would make my totals yesterday:
only 1595 kcals...:(
49% p, 23%c, 29% f...

Oh, and workouts were a full body curcuit.. about 60 min. .all according to my new program.. Next week will be heavy lifting, bodyparts on separate days! I'm liking it and in a big need of change! Think it'll do my body good! ;)

Last edited:
morning, afternoon, evening? he he
how are ya sweetie?

hey girlie!! COOL! Thanks for letting me joing ya on that! I will do the 8 week Challenge! I am going to start tomorrow! :) I just didn't want to steal your idea!! ya, We can do this together! (since we are a lot alike.. it will be fun)

Have a great day!!

Hey NG, I'm heading to Maryland for two weeks so thought I'd better drop you a note before you leave for Rome.

Hmm, too lazy to brush your teeth again huh? Well, atleast you brushed them the first time :p Your meals still looked pretty good, atleast your macronutrient breakdown did (dont know the rest) so that is cool. Are you going to stay on your diet once in Rome? Its pretty hard to because of the amazing pasta (yes, I am weak :D) but if you want it there is tons of other food out there as well.

You're going to love it in Rome, if not, feel free to lay the smack down on me :) Have a safe trip!

Eggs

IML Gear Cream!
Hey NT, P and E! :)

NT, uhm, "whatever it is now" to you too! :D

P, Yeah, it'll be fun! What can I say, I'm a very sharing person! :D
I hope you'll feel good doing it! When are you starting?

E, leaving huh? Hope you'll have a blast! :)
I will do all I can to continue this diet while in Rome.. And I'm not all that weak for pasta, so I'll be fine! ;) Now the gelatto, that's another stoty! :D
Let me know when you get back!

Today I've been running around town buying stuff I need for Rome.. went almost 5 hours without food!! :eek: That's crazy, I know, but I couldn't exactly stop by McDonald's.. :rolleyes: And I didn't think it'll take so long.. So, I found a good proteinbar after a while with only 3g of carbs and 2g of sugar.. Of course it tasted like crap, but I didn't mind too much.. I'm not a big fan of bars, don't think they belong much in a cutting-plan.. At least for me that is..

I'm too lazy (again) to write down all my meals, so I'll just print the totals:
1768 kcals
47% protein
20% carbs
33% fat

Workout today is just 20 min of flexibility training!

Last edited:
Hey sweetie!! I think I will start tomorrow? Maybe!! :)
I bet that bar didn't taste that good either.. but thats good you had Something.. and that it was NOT mcdonalds! Go yoU!! :)
Your numbers look really good today!

Thanks honey! :) I will go do my flexibility thingie now.. Feels kinda silly, I'm not a big stretcher.. :D But, as a former gymnast, I can do the splits very well! :D

Make tomorrow a "trying it" day, and see how you like it! ;)

Hope you're having a great day at work! I've got the whole week off to prepare for Rome.. and being lazy! :rolleyes:

Thats a good idea!! I will try it out tomorrow.. and If I like .. I will start a new Journal!! :)
LUCKY You off all week!!! :) :) I am swamped at work.. but I am off on FRIDAY!! :) Can't wait!! Will probably have a lazy day ..maybe! :)

P, hope you'll like it! ;)

Diet today:
Meal 1:
6 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal
sweetner & cinnamon
1 tbsp sunflower seeds

Meal 2:
5 oz chicken breast
veggies
8 hazelnuts

Meal 3:
5 oz chicken breast
veggies
0.4 cup oatmeal (I know, felt pretty weird eating that in the middle of the day.. but we were out of sweet potatoes and you can't exactly find them in local stores here.. they do not grow here naturally, are imported.. :rolleyes: )
1 tbsp flax

Meal 4:
5 oz chicken breast
veggies
20 cashews

Meal 5:
Protein shake
1/2 tbsp flax

Totals:
1718 cals
47% p
16% c
37% f
:D

Training today was
*full body curcuit.. Really like to change my workouts up like this.. :)
*25 min interval cardio 1:1 on stepper.. :nut:

The cardio was so hard to do today.. I was so tired and almost lost my breath a few times.. It was so hot in the gym and I think I went a little too hard on the "work"periods.. Felt good afterwards though.. drank lots of water..

And oh.. uhm.. I have a confession to make.. :scared: uhm.. I kinda slipped a little today.. Just a tiiiny, little bit.. See, we've had these chocolate chip cookies in our fridge for a long time.. I've been giving them loooong looks everyday since I started this new diet.. And they've basicly been calling my name (I swear! :p).. Uhm.. so today I kinda.. uhm.. had a little bite.. just half a cookie actually.. then I felt so darn guilty I had to give the rest to the dog.. :rolleyes:
I know, I so suck.. :grin: but let me tell you, it was DAMN good! :yes: So shoot me.. :headbang:

hey Girlie!! AWWW CONFESSIONS! Your tooo funny! At least you only had Half of the cookie! :)
I like doing the circuit workouts! Sounds like you had one sweaty workout!! Good Job!
GIRL~ Don't give your dog chocolate.. it may be a myth..but I believe it.. Dogs can get super sick from it!

P, yeah.. I know, just half a cookie.. and it wasn't one of those big ones.. only the tiny, tiny ones.. :rolleyes: can you tell I feel a bit guilty.. :p :D
Well, my dog eats everything exept onions! I swear, he eats EVERYTHING! :rolleyes: he's a sucker for cucumbers and apples.. (you can tell I've taught him well *proud* :D )and he does have a thing for cocholate (damn! what did I just say.? :rolleyes: ).. He's like our second garbage bin around here and he's hardly ever sick! lol But he could get fat, so I usually only share my veggies..
But what's a cheating-from-diet girl to do? :p

Your too funny girl! WOW your dog has a strong tummy there!! I need a doggie like that! LoL!
Stop feeling bad about the cookie, and get back on track.. I know you already are though ;)
Have a great day darlin'
3 days left right!??! :)

Back