Bread is bad?

Thread: Bread is bad?

Never ending potency

Rep Points

Bread is bad?

Someone was telling today that bread is terrible for you and that wheat isn't good either...Why is bread not good for you? I'm under the assumption she's implying it makes you gain weight and is unhealthy. She also stated it's converted to sugar, but aren't all carbohydrates converted to sugar?

Basically, why is bread bad and should i just avoid it?

Is pita bread ok? I generally have chicken pita sandwiches from time to time...But, if i shouldn't eat, I'll avoid it...(I don't need bread)

I find it odd that bread would be bad for you, when Jesus and the disciples had it for last supper...I'm not really religious, but these people are basically implying God is stupid and shouldn't have had bread...He should have stuck with Ezekiel bread instead...lol

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

No, bread is not bad for you. Just make sure it fits into your calorie requirements for whatever your goals happen to be. Your friend is just demonizing bread without any solid facts.

I WOULD avoid white bread and stick to more whole wheat or multigrain style breads though. White breads are generally devoid of any significant nutrients minus calories.

Oh, and according to the bible, Ezekiel style bread is made with human feces. Enjoy.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I don't generally eat grain because I'm gluten intolerant - a lot of people are, but if you're not, don't worry about it.

Bread doesn't make anybody fat. Neither does butter, sugar, or any other single food - it's the calories. If you eat more than you require, you gain.

Wheat makes a lot of people hungry, so they overeat. If this is you, and you're cutting, don't eat wheat.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Amor Fati

Rep Points

Agreed. No food is inherently bad. Hell i have two pieces of whole wheat with 1tbsn of blackcurrant jam every morning and i need to have a cheat meal (usually a burger) like 1-2 times a week because my overall calories still tend to be low and i lose weight (which i don't want to do).
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

Rep Points

I didn't know wheat made you hungry wow I just learned something....

Anyway just eat for your calories requirement and as long as you do that youll be fine, really food is not an enemy your mind is
    MY JOURNAL!!!!!
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/on...-s-path-4.html
    "It never gets easier you only push harder" By mE

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Wheat doesn't make EVERYONE hungry - but it does to some of us. I often recommend that people stop eating it for a while if they're having trouble with their weight. Nobody really NEEDS it, and if you limit it, it's one less food out there you can nibble on, yanno? And if it happens to be The Trigger that turns on hunger, well, there ya' go.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

lifts weights
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    Oh, and according to the bible, Ezekiel style bread is made with human feces. Enjoy.
    lold so hard
    This is my journal. Click it and such

"
    tried and true theory on one's self is probably the only non-biased proof that something works for someone." - juggernaut

http://www.ronpaul.com/

Rep Points

for me personally bread is bad, i cant simply have one slice, it just makes me sooo hungry and tend to cheat! but if you can keep it within your calorie reqs then why not!