• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bread is bad?

C6zo6

Never ending potency
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Someone was telling today that bread is terrible for you and that wheat isn't good either...Why is bread not good for you? I'm under the assumption she's implying it makes you gain weight and is unhealthy. She also stated it's converted to sugar, but aren't all carbohydrates converted to sugar?

Basically, why is bread bad and should i just avoid it?

Is pita bread ok? I generally have chicken pita sandwiches from time to time...But, if i shouldn't eat, I'll avoid it...(I don't need bread)

I find it odd that bread would be bad for you, when Jesus and the disciples had it for last supper...I'm not really religious, but these people are basically implying God is stupid and shouldn't have had bread...He should have stuck with Ezekiel bread instead...lol

No, bread is not bad for you. Just make sure it fits into your calorie requirements for whatever your goals happen to be. Your friend is just demonizing bread without any solid facts.

I WOULD avoid white bread and stick to more whole wheat or multigrain style breads though. White breads are generally devoid of any significant nutrients minus calories.

Oh, and according to the bible, Ezekiel style bread is made with human feces. Enjoy.

I don't generally eat grain because I'm gluten intolerant - a lot of people are, but if you're not, don't worry about it.

Bread doesn't make anybody fat. Neither does butter, sugar, or any other single food - it's the calories. If you eat more than you require, you gain.

Wheat makes a lot of people hungry, so they overeat. If this is you, and you're cutting, don't eat wheat.

Agreed. No food is inherently bad. Hell i have two pieces of whole wheat with 1tbsn of blackcurrant jam every morning and i need to have a cheat meal (usually a burger) like 1-2 times a week because my overall calories still tend to be low and i lose weight (which i don't want to do).

Wheat doesn't make EVERYONE hungry - but it does to some of us. I often recommend that people stop eating it for a while if they're having trouble with their weight. Nobody really NEEDS it, and if you limit it, it's one less food out there you can nibble on, yanno? And if it happens to be The Trigger that turns on hunger, well, there ya' go.

for me personally bread is bad, i cant simply have one slice, it just makes me sooo hungry and tend to cheat! but if you can keep it within your calorie reqs then why not!

Back