IronMagLabs Osta Rx

Making/saving money

Rep Points

Making/saving money

Since my last post on this type of theme was not invited very well, although I understand where you guys are coming from, it perhaps came off the wrong way. Right now I am in a fairly comfortable position, but am extremely frugal with my living as I have literally had to live off of tuna and beans for about 1 year of my life. THis was shortly before I joined the forum life. Needless to say, it changed my spending habits because you never know what is going to happen.

As of recent, I have stumbled upon a few different sites that offer up some unique opportunities that those with a little expendible income may want to take advantage of.
    Check out Buy Stocks Online and invest your money at ShareBuilder
    and check out Personal Loans & Investing with Peer Lending - Lending Club

I also want to hear from you guys. If you know of anything out there offering great deals or coupons, I want to hear it.

Also search for wootalyzer(sp?). You can link all the wheycheap.com type sites for some pretty good deals, and they will pop up on the pc everytime one comes up.
    If you are interested, I will post links for sharebuilder where you can get free money by using promotional codes (this is after an initial investment into stocks).
    PAL Rep
    My thoughts, views, and suggestions are purely that of my own and do not represent Palo Alto Labs.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Interesting thread, I need to start messing with stocks.

This should interest Double base.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    Interesting thread, I need to start messing with stocks.

This should interest Double base.
    I have already made a pretty fair amount off stocks already, dealing primarily with junk stocks since I dont have enough to buy mass quantities of more expensive stocks.
    PAL Rep
    My thoughts, views, and suggestions are purely that of my own and do not represent Palo Alto Labs.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by egodog48 View Post
    I have already made a pretty fair amount off stocks already, dealing primarily with junk stocks since I dont have enough to buy mass quantities of more expensive stocks.
    4% on junk stocks and 4% on blue chips are the same thing. You don't need to buy in bulk.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    4% on junk stocks and 4% on blue chips are the same thing. You don't need to buy in bulk.
    That is correct, however, high volume junk stocks have much more potential to change in my favor by the way I have been trading. I also am much more comfortable knowing that a once highly sought after stock that is now under $5 may have the potential to rise quite high again, obviously leaving me with a higher long term gain if I so choose to not use it for short term gains. And yes, many stocks have dropped well below value, but I still am a firm believer in junk stocks.

Does this mean I dont trade with anything else? No, but I have made the majority of my money this way, outside of a few inverse ETF's. Perhaps I am one of the few that look at thinsg this way, but Im okay with that as long as I am not one of the many amateurs making the professionals richer.

Does this also mean I think I know near what I need to to become successful? Not even a little bit. Im always open to anyone wanting to talk about it, or point me in the direction of any books I can pick up. I do have a financial background, but not in securities or anything of the like.
    PAL Rep

Rep Points

qcom

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    Wouldnt you agree though that the ability of a blue chip stock to move up by the same percent is relatively lower than some of the high volume junks? Again, I really cant watch it all, as I have a day job, bt just by spot checking, it doesnt seem this way.
    PAL Rep

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I stick with the buffet mentality for investing. Invest in a company you know about and feel comfortable with. Let it stay in there for at least 5 to 10 years. So far that has not worked out so well. Although I have been doing some dollar cost averaging with my big companies, GE, Citicorp and E-trade. I like to keep my portfolio simple. At least in the beginning. Maybe once I get a couple hundred grand I can really start diversifying. I do a 401K here at work. I don't follow that much. Which I plan on looking into in the next couple weeks. Again I like to keep all my finances simple.

Iam only 1 but stil Iam 1
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I invested $2692 in stocks and after the recession the value is $637. That's real shitty by any standard. But i am holding as all companies are good & will sustain, anyway's my money is locked for at least 5 Years or so, I hope so.

Mutual funds are doing ok but not that OK.
    QUIET IS MIGHT. SOLITUDE IS STRENGTH. INTROVERSION IS POWER.
    Words of a Wise Woman - We don't all get to have all things. I have been given more than most, not as much as others.
    I enjoy the gifts that I have, I share what I can, and try not to begrudge others for having things that I don't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    Power House became my hospital and the iron became my medicine.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by nkira View Post
    I invested $2692 in stocks and after the recession the value is $637. That's real shitty by any standard. But i am holding as all companies are good & will sustain, anyway's my money is locked for at least 5 Years or so, I hope so.

Mutual funds are doing ok but not that OK.
    But it could be so much worse
    PAL Rep