• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need help cutting, diet inside

SubSolar

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm 28, 5'6", 176-177 lbs. According to my digital calipers I am about 15% bodyfat (measures from about 14.5 to 16.5% depending on where exactly press the calipers). About 4-5 weeks ago I was about 184-185 lbs. then I went on a diet. My goal is to get to about 10% bodyfat. However, I haven't really lost anymore weight in the last 2 weeks.

I am right at about 2,000 calories and I can't imagine cutting much more since I am already really hungry about 2.5 to 3 hours after eating something. Seems like I would have to cut more than a couple hundred calories to lose 10 more lbs. Right now I weight lift about 4 times a week and do no cardio. Before I did this diet I was swimming a lot (got up to 1.5 miles or over 2 kilometers without taking a break) and didn't lose a pound. I just got a lot hungrier throughout the day when I was swimming so I ate more.

Here is my diet for the past 4 weeks:
FitDay Free Calorie Counter and Diet Journal: Public Journal

Here are my questions:

1. Can I cut more calories and how much would I need to to get down to 10%?

2. Am I getting too much carbs, fat or even protein? If one eats too much protein in one day, does it just get wasted or does it actually turn to fat?

3. I was thinking of replacing maybe the protein bar with a veggie meal (the ones I can stand, like corn, mushrooms, artichoke, etc). Do you think this would help my goal at all? One reason I'm hesitant is that veggies and fruits don't seem to fill me up like meat does, even though I hear they are supposed to cause they are high in fiber.

4. Should I cut my meals even smaller? I was eating 10 oz of salmon and chicken but dropped it to 8 oz recently. Actually haven't noticed any difference in my weight by doing this though. Should I drop it to 6 oz servings?

5. Do I need to take some sort of appetite suppressant? Not sure how much fewer calories I can take without getting hungry all the time.

6. Is it possible to get fat from too much fruit? They seems to have a lot of carbs. But I've heard they are different and the "net impact carbs" are not that high, whatever that means.

Please let me know what I need to delete, add, change, whatever to get to 10% body fat. Thanks!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I cook everything on a George Foreman grill, if that matters. Depends on if you buy into the "knock out the fat" marketing.

Hi there.

Read the link in my sig (the one about being confused) while I address these, k?

I'm 28, 5'6", 176-177 lbs. According to my digital calipers I am about 15% bodyfat (measures from about 14.5 to 16.5% depending on where exactly press the calipers). About 4-5 weeks ago I was about 184-185 lbs. then I went on a diet. My goal is to get to about 10% bodyfat. However, I haven't really lost anymore weight in the last 2 weeks.

I am right at about 2,000 calories and I can't imagine cutting much more since I am already really hungry about 2.5 to 3 hours after eating something. Seems like I would have to cut more than a couple hundred calories to lose 10 more lbs. Right now I weight lift about 4 times a week and do no cardio. Before I did this diet I was swimming a lot (got up to 1.5 miles or over 2 kilometers without taking a break) and didn't lose a pound. I just got a lot hungrier throughout the day when I was swimming so I ate more.

Here is my diet for the past 4 weeks:
FitDay Free Calorie Counter and Diet Journal: Public Journal

Here are my questions:

2. Am I getting too much carbs, fat or even protein? If one eats too much protein in one day, does it just get wasted or does it actually turn to fat?

3. I was thinking of replacing maybe the protein bar with a veggie meal (the ones I can stand, like corn, mushrooms, artichoke, etc). Do you think this would help my goal at all? One reason I'm hesitant is that veggies and fruits don't seem to fill me up like meat does, even though I hear they are supposed to cause they are high in fiber.

4. Should I cut my meals even smaller? I was eating 10 oz of salmon and chicken but dropped it to 8 oz recently. Actually haven't noticed any difference in my weight by doing this though. Should I drop it to 6 oz servings?

5. Do I need to take some sort of appetite suppressant? Not sure how much fewer calories I can take without getting hungry all the time.

6. Is it possible to get fat from too much fruit? They seems to have a lot of carbs. But I've heard they are different and the "net impact carbs" are not that high, whatever that means.

Please let me know what I need to delete, add, change, whatever to get to 10% body fat. Thanks!

Okay, at 175 lbs and about 15% bodyfat, you have just shy of 150 lbs of lean mass and will hit 10% at about 165 lbs, so you have about ten pounds to drop if you somehow manage to only drop fat. Let's shoot for that as a target for now, k?

You are currently eating a very low fat diet, and that's a really, REALLY miserable way to cut. You'll likely feel more comfortable on lower carbs with more fat. Your protein is fine. Protein is satiating.

How about we get your fats up to about 75-80g on average? That puts you at half a gram of protein per pound lean mass, which ought to be more comfortable. Better for hormone production, too.

Since you're training four days a week you could try a carb cycle if you like. There are a million ways to do this, but here's one option for you - this gives you 300 more calories on your training days, and more fat on your rest days. The lower carbs with higher fats and no training ought to make you more comfortable:

Average daily macros:
228g of protein,
72g of fat, and
111g of carbohydrate,
2,000 calories in total.

(4) Lifting/HIIT days:
241g of protein,
60g of fat, and
156g of carbohydrate,
2,129 calories in total.

(3) Rest/SS Cardio days:
211g of protein,
87g of fat, and
50g of carbohydrate,
1,829 calories in total.

You need to create a deficit sufficient to drop ten pounds. If you do this over 10 weeks, you're going to have a hard pull ahead - that would mean cutting 500 calories a day from what you're doing right now.

Only in a surplus.

Protein bars are garbage. Glorified candy bars. Eat more food.
Fruit and veggies don't fill me up much either. Weird question, but where do you carry your weight?

Let's leave the calories alone for now. You may need to take a diet break for a bit, you dropped a lot of weight, fast.

Let's see how the different macronutrient mix fits you.

Net impact be damned, you get fat if you eat more calories than you require. We need to get you comfortable so you can eat less and not mind.

Describe your training.

Holy SHIT - you consumed 710 calories from shakes and a candy bar! For the same calories, you could eat another 18 ounces of Salmon! No WONDER you're hungry!!!

Built, thanks a ton for the tips.

I will add half a pound of shrimp as one meal and try to figure something else to substitute the fake food.

I didn't realize my diet was that low on fat. I guess I went overly clean because before i would eat fried chicken, pizza, and all sorts of crap. What foods do you think I should add to boost my fat? Or do I just need to do little things like start using olive oil on my food (I currently use nothing) and butter on corn?

I seem to carry fat around my belly, waist and back. Not that much in arms and legs and chest.

Even if I got rid of the shakes and bars and added another meal to get to 1500 calories (for the deficit), that seems like an awfully little amount to calories for a weight lifting male or am I being silly?

1500 does seem too low, and I'd like you to find a more comfortable mix of macronutrients so you can get through the rest of your cut.

Fats - well, there's natural peanut butter, olive oil, raw nuts… and may I recommend the wonder of avocadoes? They're high in soluble fibre as well as healthy monounsaturated fat. Plus they're an absolutely beautiful food.

Also, I highly recommend getting in 10g of fish oil for the 3g combined EPA/DHA they will provide, and by all means butter your veggies - you'll get more micronutrients out of vegetables if you consume them with fat.

By the way, you're not eating enough veggies.

Oh, for protein: do you like eggs? Cottage cheese?

Built, just for clarification how exactly am I going to lose 10 more lbs? By cutting my daily calories to 1500 and not starving by replacing the fake food with more real food and adding more fats and carbs? Or by keeping 2,000 calories and adding extra fats that will boost my metabolism?

I am going to try adding jumbo shrimp, corn+butter and mushrooms to my mix while deleting stuff to keep it @ or below 2,000 calories.

Built, just for clarification how exactly am I going to lose 10 more lbs? By cutting my daily calories to 1500 and not starving by replacing the fake food with more real food and adding more fats and carbs? Or by keeping 2,000 calories and adding extra fats that will boost my metabolism?

I am going to try adding jumbo shrimp, corn+butter and mushrooms to my mix while deleting stuff to keep it @ or below 2,000 calories.

You may need to take a diet break, but ultimately, you will lose from a deficit.

I'm not a fan of fake food because you will remain too hungry, plus you'll not get the nourishment afforde by real food.

I don't think I suggested anywhere that fats will boost your metabolism.

IML Gear Cream!
You may need to take a diet break, but ultimately, you will lose from a deficit.

I'm not a fan of fake food because you will remain too hungry, plus you'll not get the nourishment afforde by real food.

I don't think I suggested anywhere that fats will boost your metabolism.

OK, so I will need to get down to 1500 calories at one point in order to accomplish my goal?

Hopefully not. :)

Back